Orion Risk Management Insurance Services Reviews | Glassdoor

CEO

"Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newport Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newport Beach, CA

I have been working at Orion Risk Management Insurance Services (More than a year)

Pros

Orion is a very professional brokerage. While it has a traditional client base, the culture is very modern. This begins with the CEO, who is a true entrepreneur, and he encourages that in others, too. This is a very positive workplace, with competitive compensation and benefits, and a great team atmosphere. The Management Team works hard to make sure employees are equipped for their jobs, and happy to come to work. We work hard, but we also have a lot of fun. Orion is a growing company with a lot of opportunity.

Cons

I can't think of any.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing - making well thought out decisions, keeping clients and employees in mind at all times, and asking employees for their input on a regular basis. I so appreciate this about Orion.

"Cream Of The Crop"

I have been working at Orion Risk Management Insurance Services full-time

Pros

As the firm continues to grow, colleagues are meticulously selected to help ensure continuity and unparalleled chemistry. As essential as insurance savvy is to the agency, supportive and encouraging coworkers have been indispensable to Orion’s steadfast accomplishments. Respect, appreciation, and genuine connections are shared among employees. From front line leadership and seasoned veterans to rising talent and a devoted team core of superstars, Orion Risk Management ranks among the best in Orange County.

Cons

Even the healthiest tree has a bad apple or two. Fortunately, they don’t hang around long enough to spoil the tree.

Advice to Management

Continue to follow our most ambitious vision and lead us to continued growth, profitability, and success.

“A leader leads by example, whether he (or she) intends to or not.” –John Quincy Adams

"Management sucks"

I worked at Orion Risk Management Insurance Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Location if you work out of NB office instead of the Corona office

Cons

Two locations vastly different from each other in both comfort and physical location. Much favoritism shown towards certain employees. Lack of diversity among the workforce.

Advice to Management

Sexual harassment was commonplace and management would just turn a blind eye.

4. "True Leadership"

I have been working at Orion Risk Management Insurance Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The CEO of ORION is not only accessible, he truly wants us to thrive and become our best selves within the industry. His creative genius infects us all with ways to solve problems, improve business relationships and grow exponentially as insurance professionals.
    The company is small enough to feel like an extended family, large enough to instill job security.
    Due to the trickle-down effect, everyone is happy at work and supportive of one another.

Cons

We have outgrown our space. Thankfully, more is coming!

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

"Disappointing"

I worked at Orion Risk Management Insurance Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

industry parties were the only good thing

Cons

everything else.....stuck up people, lack of career orientation and goal setting, lack of feedback...

Advice to Management

Better communication. I felt completely used in that company.

Orion Risk Management Insurance Services Response

Jan 3, 2014 – President

It's unfortunate when an employee doesn't work out in a position and we part ways, but we believe that our record speaks for itself. Orion can be a haven for sharp, career-oriented professionals ... More

"Been with Orion for more than five years, and find the people to be friendly and the work environment professional."

Pros

High-performing employees are treated very well, and my good work is both appreciated and recognized.

Cons

Poor performers or malcontents usually do not stay very long. Work is challenging, but fairly shared among my co-workers. If you're not a team player, this is probably not a good place for you.

Advice to Management

Continue to recognize outstanding performance.

"If you are considering it, don't."

Pros

The work/life balance is acceptable.

Cons

The worst place you could find yourself. Management is manic and indecisive.

Advice to Management

Management decision making process is completely bipolar. Decisions are made and unmade with no apparent regard for logic. Problems are likely more due to individuals in management rather than company as whole.

Orion Risk Management Insurance Services Response

Jan 3, 2014 – President

We're puzzled by these comments, but can understand that one might be angry and hurt if their employment terminates. We strive to maintain competitive compensation and benefits (which we must assume ... More