Orion Worldwide Reviews | Glassdoor

3.3
Orion Worldwide President and CEO Worldwide Brian McMahon
Brian McMahon

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Launched my career here"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Orion Worldwide full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

A great team and work environment. Truly felt like an extended family. I still have very close friends I made while working at Orion. The work and entire concept is very interesting. The pay was good and the ability to advance based on your effort and performance was always there. Under-performers didn’t stick around long, leaving a really strong group of high-achieving performers. Even as a young employee I was treated like an adult and given the ability to solve problems and own my client relationships. I loved my boss and senior leadership for the vast majority of my time at Orion.

Cons

Different divisions in the company could sometimes feel siloed and protective. Change in leadership structure as we grew wasn’t for me so I decided to leave.

Orion Worldwide Response

Aug 29, 2018 – HR Business Partner

Thank you for recognizing the many great aspects of Orion. Leadership very much instills a pay for performance culture and promotes internal growth both vertically and laterally. We appreciate your... More

2. "Underpaid but company culture might almost be worth it"

Former Employee - Assistant
    Former Employee - Assistant

I worked at Orion Worldwide full-time

Pros

The benefits
    Company culture
    Open office
    CEO is amazing

Cons

The pay
    Can’t always trust upper management

3. "Good culture and perks"

Current Employee - Negotiator in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Negotiator in New York, NY

I have been working at Orion Worldwide full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Culture, great people, perks with the job

Cons

Salary is low, a lot of unmotivated people

4. "Assistant"

I worked at Orion Worldwide full-time

Pros

Super nice teams and a great culture!

Cons

Salary for entry level roles is quite low- this seems to be industry standard though

5. "Still Conflicting Opinions"

Former Employee - Media Buyer in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Media Buyer in New York, NY

I worked at Orion Worldwide full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

In many respects, I truly enjoyed my time at Orion. As a young professional, I quickly felt at home amongst the community at Orion. The office atmosphere was young and fun yet still professional and hard working. I made great friends within the company, and felt that the environment was inclusive and welcomed diversity. I also learned a LOT during my time here and often felt (positively) challenged by my workload.

Cons

In other respected, I felt a bit tricked by the "Work Hard, Play Nice" motto. During my time at Orion, I often felt overworked for little recognition. There was often a lot of competition yet very little reward. I also felt as though the company lacked transparency. Over time, I began to feel confused because I was surrounded by people I genuinely really liked and appreciated, yet when push came to shove, I didn't feel like I could trust them to help me succeed. In Orion's defense, this (in my opinion) is common among many agencies in the industry.

Advice to Management

I think Orion is a place filled with hard-working, talented people. I learned a great deal while there, I just simply didn't feel like I was compensated enough for the work and time I ultimately put in to the company, nor did I feel like I could genuinely trust those around me. I think Orion could really succeed if they found a way to remind their many strong employees of their value to the agency. The company does offer perks (ie: free breakfast, unlimited PTO, flexible WFH days, etc) but these are more or less industry standard these days. If Orion became a more transparent company AND found creative, genuine ways to compensate their employees for their time, knowledge and effort, they would create an environment filled with trust, and would retain great talent.

6. "Lazy and unmotivated management"

Pros

Friendly group, opportunity to learn, 6 month maternity policy

Cons

Terrible senior leadership came aboard over the past few years. The culture has shifted significantly. No room for growth or continued learning.

Advice to Management

Bring in a consultant to actually see what your employees are doing and if they are doing anything to grow the business. The business has been heading downhill for years, employees are begging for change... old school mentality is holding this place from new possibility.

7. "Assistant Negotiator"

I have been working at Orion Worldwide full-time

Pros

Good people and free perks

Cons

Don't teach you a lot

Orion Worldwide Response

Aug 30, 2018 – HR Business Partner

We agree - the Orionites are a wonderful group of smart, motivated, NICE individuals. We're proud to offer great benefits and perks to employees such as unlimited PTO, great healthcare benefits... More

8. "Assistant Negotiator"

Current Employee - Assistant Negotiator in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Assistant Negotiator in New York, NY

I have been working at Orion Worldwide full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Positive and inclusive work environment. Friendly coworkers willing to help. Moto is "Work Hard and Be Nice". The company is also seeking to diversify which makes me hopeful of its future.

Cons

I don't believe lower level employees are compensated enough for the work they do.

9. "Highly Recommend!"

Former Employee - Client Strategy Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Client Strategy Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Orion Worldwide full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company culture at Orion is the best I have been involved with since my advertising career began, which spans across other media agencies and advertising sales companies. Besides the people, the ability to be involved and take on as much responsibility as you would like is what separates Orion from the others. You are able to have the professional growth, while still maintaining a healthy work/life balance, which is what most professionals struggle with in the advertising world. If you are looking to start your career, or are a veteran looking to be rejuvenated, Orion is for you.

Cons

While being able to take on more responsibility is great, there are times in which certain departments are understaffed. Once Orion is able to keep tabs on the size of departments and monitor when additional help needs to be added, there won't be much that hold Orion back.

10. "Work hard, be nice.."

Former Employee - Vice President in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Vice President in New York, NY

I worked at Orion Worldwide full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

amazing leadership support, flexible work life balance, continued D&I initiatives, female empowerment, dynamic client offerings, client centric solutions, fun office culture, access to professional growth tools (trainings, conferences, BRG’s)

Cons

multiple restructures, retention, salary (vs industry standard)