Orman Guidance Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Annual Review"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Bloomington, MN
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Bloomington, MN

I have been working at Orman Guidance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The business model continues to shift toward full-service, "Research & Guidance" which is a super fun and interesting way to connect to the highest levels of market research.

Cons

The company needs more focused training. It's getting better, but could get better still.

Advice to Management

Keep the projects coming -- especially R&G. Draw on the pool of talent to help move more and more clients to this service.

"Anonymous"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Orman Guidance (More than a year)

Pros

Good benefits and fun atmosphere.

Cons

Communication between leadership and staff is still lacking.

Advice to Management

Effective listening goes a long way.

3. "Employee satisfaction"

Pros

Leadership is extremely focused on employee satisfaction, especially as it pertains to providing sufficient training and guidance. The company also just revamped its employee benefits to include a generous PTO and health insurance package.

Cons

A lot of change is taking place as Orman aims to get bigger and better. The best employees will be able to adapt.

Advice to Management

Keep supporting us through change and soliciting employee feedback.

Jun 1, 2016 – Chief Executive Officer

Thank you for your feedback! We're glad to see that the new training and guidance programs are improving the workplace environment. It's been a challenge and a pleasure working side-by-side in this... More

"Major Strides"

Current Employee - Project Manager
    Current Employee - Project Manager

I have been working at Orman Guidance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Orman Guidance undertook a incredible effort to understand areas to improve and automate. The change in the company from a year ago is really amazing.

The restructured employee benefits package is among the best I've ever seen. 10 paid days off in the first 90 days? Yep. That's here.

Cons

It's not really a "con" -- just acknowledging the need for ongoing training on the many new systems in the company.

Advice to Management

Keep the weekly training sessions focused on the tangible aspects of the new systems.

Oct 19, 2015 – Chief Executive Officer

You are correct - the transformation really is "amazing". We continue to grow as people and as a company to better serve each other, our clients, and society. Thank you for your kind words and... More

"Yearly Review"

I have been working at Orman Guidance full-time

Pros

At Orman Guidance, you are able to co-create and collaborate with all employees to ensure the best deliverable to the clients. The best part of working here is to work with a team to develop a strategic plan to execute any project big or small.

Cons

You wear many hats in this company. Your title may state that you are one thing, but you will be asked to stretch yourself. Be prepared to multi-task and work longer hours. If you want to grow fast, this is the right place for you. But you must be able to manage your time, work/life, and stress levels.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees. Develop a strategic plan to help develop the company to its optimal potential and don't rely heavily on your employees finding solutions. They may not have the answers, it is up to Management to help create the workplace environment needed. Also, pay your employees fairly, the higher your position the higher your salary should be; if employees take on a chunk of the responsibilities to keep the company moving, they should be compensated fairly.

Aug 28, 2015 – Chief Executive Officer

Thank you for your response and hard work over the last year! Orman Guidance has grown because of you and the "multi-hat" skills that are brought to the table. We believe in challenging and... More

"All in"

Current Employee - Fulfillment Manager in Bloomington, MN
    Current Employee - Fulfillment Manager in Bloomington, MN

I have been working at Orman Guidance full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I like going to work because I'm good at what I do and I know the people I work with are also exceptionally talented individuals. The work we do is always interesting. And there is always an opportunity to show your skills and creative problem solve in a supportive, collaborative environment.

Cons

Sometimes the work is stressful. But when we know that we have followed all the best practices and have done everything we possibly can, that's where we have to let it go when we leave the office.

Advice to Management

Keep challenging us - but remember that not everyone can take the criticism. Some advice to my fellow colleagues, too: Remember that when we are being asked to challenge our work, to not take it personally. We are all in this together.

Aug 28, 2015 – Chief Executive Officer

Thank you for your feedback and support! Orman Guidance strives to challenge everything that we do - this means good stress and bad stress, interesting work and grind work, problem solving and... More

"Poor Experience/Awful Management. I would advise to look elsewhere for employment. You deserve better than Ormann."

Former Employee - Project Manager in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Orman Guidance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The nature of the work could be fun if you were able to focus on the work. We had some enjoyable projects during my time.

Cons

Management- During my time at Ormann the employee turnover was unlike any I have ever seen. It seemed like I was working with an entirely new group each week. Rosemary's response to this will be something down the line of "We are looking for a certain type of person and not everyone fits our mold" or we have two employees on the "fast track to management or partnership"; however, to be blunt the issue is very few can put up with the Roller coaster ride that is Rosemary. Consider this how many C-level Executive spend time or have to respond to criticism on sites like glass door.

Advice to Management

There needs to be a change in management if this company is to succeed/survive. There are recurring themes in these negative reviews , which confirms my believe that the CEO will be the demise of Ormann. You may employee your workers, but that does not give you the right to treat them as second class citizen or you will continue to see your "business".

Apr 2, 2015 – CEO & President

...as always, wishing this former employee all the best...

Plain and simple: the success stories at Orman continue to represent co-created solutions and career paths -- with an ongoing vision for... More

"Exciting Time to Grow with the Best"

Current Employee - Assistant Project Manager in Bloomington, MN
    Current Employee - Assistant Project Manager in Bloomington, MN

I have been working at Orman Guidance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company is in a vibrant, fast-paced and rapid growth phase. Leadership is available, supportive, experienced, and forward thinking - most of all passionate! The company is building on a strong reputation for being progressive in the industry of market research. It's very cool to be a part of a company that's on board with the cutting edge concept of co-creation of brands with a high level of service and committed to expanding capabilities. The sky's the limit for personal and professional growth here!

Cons

While rapid growth is great, change is never easy for employees or leadership for that matter.

Advice to Management

Keep up the open communication and sharing of plans -- the weekly open forum is great! We want to work together to co-create the work environment!

Feb 9, 2015 – CEO & President

From Rosemary Sundin: We'll keep the focus on "managed" growth as much as we can; this is great feedback and we really appreciate it. Thank you!

"The Truth & the Real Truth"

Former Employee - Manager
    Former Employee - Manager

I worked at Orman Guidance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you're just out of college and need to land that first job for your resume, this is a great company to start. This is the only reason I rated this company a 2. There is a multitude of aspects of market research to learn. Yes the work load is heavy at times but new business and clients is what makes market research fun and fascinating.

Cons

There are several recent reviews here addressing some major issues within the company. There is a lot of crying(on both sides of the hall), belittling and screaming that comes without notice or warning. Unfortunately, this creates an atmosphere of fear and low self esteem. There is also some misguided favoritism, only because management skills in judging character are based on whether employees agree to everything. I have always found "Yes" people have a hidden agenda. One in particular destroyed the integrity of the company by filling studies with manipulated data. Playing favorites only demoralizes the rest of the team.

Advice to Management

1. Act more like a mentor than a boss. Don't tell them what to do, show them.
    2. Know when to leave your employees alone, resist the temptation to micro-manage.
    3. Identify skills in employees, don't assume they don't know anything. Put them in positions where they will thrive. Too much talent and creativity has walked out the door and into the competitors door.
    4. Praise employees in view of others without degrading someone else. When someone needs to be disciplined or corrected, do it privately, one on one.
    5. Understand the power of positive psychology, look at every situation as a learning opportunity, not a life or death disaster.
    6. Put yourself in your employees shoes and ask yourself how you would want to be treated.
    7. The most important one: be honest with your employees. Tell them what's happening, one of them may have the solution to the crisis.

Mar 16, 2015 – CEO & President

First off - Thank you, truly, for the 7 points under "advice." You are spot-on. "Show, don't tell" is actually an initiative around here in everything we do, whether we are presenting research... More

"Create your own job at Orman"

Current Employee - Social Media Manager and Assistant Project Manager in Bloomington, MN

I have been working at Orman Guidance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

When I graduated from college last year, I never imagined having the freedom and opportunity to create my own job while making a great living. That opportunity exists at Orman because of the company's success and flexibility. My input is valued, my needs as an employee are met, and I have a lot of autonomy. The relationships I have with my colleagues and supervisors are open, honest, and respectful. When I talk to management about issues or concerns I have with my job, I've received nothing but support.

Cons

As a relatively small company with many big name clients, there's never a shortage of work to be done at Orman. From the moment I walk into the office to the point when I leave for the day, there's always another task to be completed. I am thankful that leadership recognizes the heavy workload and is looking to hire more full-time staff.

Advice to Management

Please give me as much feedback on my performance as you see necessary. I love the autonomy at Orman, but I also want to know how well my work is serving the company and how I can improve. I also ask that you continue to look for candidates that would make great project managers.

Feb 9, 2015 – CEO & President

Thanks for the feedback, and yes, we're looking for more talent to help even out the busy pace of the company. Business is coming in at a great pace and we will continue to foster the culture of... More