Oroton Manager Reviews | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Oroton Manager Reviews

Updated Jan 20, 2019

2.5
  1. "A great company"

Former Employee - Manager

I worked at Oroton full-time for less than a year

Pros

Lovely coworkers Supportive upper management Head office are passionate about the brand and heritage Great learning and training system Positive and genuine company culture

Cons

Full price to sale cycle was sometimes repetitive but that's the industry in general Being an entry level luxury brand can attract a broad range of customers

Advice to Management

For a happier team, allow room in the budget to pay staff to open and close

Oroton2019-01-20

"Only apply if you’re desperate!"

Former Employee - Manager in Bondi

I worked at Oroton full-time for less than a year

Pros

- They spare no expense for meetings (food mainly). - Luxury brands means better pay. - 50% discount on all bags except limited edition.

Cons

- Regular meetings (all the darn time). - Emails every hour that are full of fake motivational crap, data, and actions that would require quick responses regardless of if you were busy. - The bags aren’t high quality so the return rate is HIGH. - Training for staff needs to be done/updated/monitored using three different sheets that require both the person getting trained and yourself to help fill in, these need... to be completed weekly regardless of how little the casuals work. - Management don’t believe in honesty, they prefer to veil their critique behind fake positivity. - Management can change what they say, if you’re psychic this will help! - Management put too much pressure on everyone when it comes down to a brand that has no direction, constantly fails and has tacky designs. - Promises of career progression, never delivered or discussed. - Everyone in the company is as plain as a piece of bread, hardly no personality and boring. They were all made in a factory. There is no inspiration, creativity, and anything out of their realm of “normal” is not accepted.

Advice to Management

If you have a high staff turnover, look up the hierarchy, not down. Every single person I’ve spoken to currently employed with your company, not one has actually enjoyed it.

Oroton2018-02-04

"2iC (Second in Charge)"

Former Employee - 2IC to Department Manager in Brisbane

I worked at Oroton full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Staff discounts and ya just staff discounts nothing else!

Cons

No job security, low pay, no support from management, mistreat employees, unsafe and unhealthy working conditions, manager favour certain employees and cut wages for certain store locations and workplace bullying.

Advice to Management

Can Headoffice quit changing discounts or promotions every second day?! I will never work for Oroton again! During mid season sale every year they will email each store the promotion and we all have to stick all the red pricing stickers on the tags then in the afternoon they will send us another email telling us to remove all the stickers and restick all the items with the new promo price. All that needed to be done... by the next morning but they do not pay the employees if they stay behind. They only roster one person to work in small locations so one person has to write end of day report, cash out, do all the vm recovery before they finish for the day! This company also have issue with consoling items to the factory, they restrict us on budget like dhl delivery so we have to pack everything all at once leading to the store jammed pack with consol boxes but at the same time we have to serve customers and sell!!!! It's total bullcrap!

Oroton2017-08-13