Orrick Reviews

Found 238 of over 284 reviews

4.5
Orrick Chairman  Mitchell Zuklie
Mitchell Zuklie

What people are saying about Orrick

Join the conversation on

Law

67.7K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/law/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Employer-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Orrick~3314
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Orrick and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee

Associate

May 25, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good people, strong partners, supportive admin

Cons

Sometimes too many hours, not organized between teams

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Unbeatable opportunities

May 23, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Outstanding opportunities to do cutting edge work for big name clients. Fantastic opportunities for professional growth - Partners willing to give associates as much autonomy and responsibility as they can handle with real face time with clients.

Cons

Demanding hours makes work-life balance difficult to achieve at times - however this is true of all big law firms, esp. ones that contend with demanding clients.

Continue reading
  3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great firm at which to gain experience

Mar 8, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

They only hire the best of the best, so you’re looking to become top if your field there’s really nowhere better to get your start. I gained an incredible amount of experience in even just the short period of time I was at the firm. They take on some very high-profile cases that aren’t your run-of-the-mill, textbook-type cases. You’ll be forced to consider perspectives and think in a way I feel very few lawyers may have ever considered without first having similar experience. I can’t speak for everyone who works here or has ever worked here, and I don’t intend to try, but from my (albeit limited) experience, I would say it’s well worth the effort to apply. I know for a fact that I wouldn’t be where I am today if I hadn’t take a job here first.

Cons

You can’t expect to work your way up quickly in such a competitive firm. Ultimately, this was the only reason I left. I’m more impatient than many of my peers and I didn’t mind working at a less established, lesser known firm to get the opportunity to soar through the ranks quickly (which I couldn’t have done so easily if I hadn’t first worked here and everything that experience taught me).

4. 5.0

Former Associate

Apr 26, 2022 - Associate
    Business Outlook

Pros

I worked at Orrick for 2.5 years and I'm thankful for everything that I have learned at this establishment. Mitchell is an excellent mentor and he loves to share his knowledge. He proactively engages you in legal matters and gives you an opportunity to think out of the box; which helped me greatly to develop in my career. He does not micro manage you and gives you everything you need to succeed (which is very rare for such a large firm).

Cons

Given the size of the company, you need to be comfortable working at a fast pace and learning things as you go from time to time.

Continue reading
  5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

One of the best

May 16, 2022 - Associate Attorney in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

- colleagues are supportive and emotionally intelligent - there is a focus on career development and growth - fantastic benefits & PTO policy - opportunity to work across different teams - many resources available

Cons

- while there are definitely opportunities for career growth, you need to be willing to make lateral moves to where the opportunity is

6. 5.0

5 stars

May 23, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

amazing culture and work opportunities

Cons

high pressure of big law

7. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

An excellent foundation for a promising career

Apr 22, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Working at Orrick laid an excellent foundation for learning the ins and outs of intellectual property law. I had many opportunities to work hands with clients immediately. It was a flexible environment, which was great for being able to maintain a work/life balance. It was also flexible in the sense that management was open to hearing and implementing new strategies where appropriate. Although I moved into another area of law in 2019, I have maintained contact with many of my former colleagues from Orrick, as we developed a great relationship during my tenure.

Cons

I did not get to go to court as much as I would have liked.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great work culture

May 9, 2022 - Paralegal in Wheeling, WV
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great work culture. People are extremely helpful and the managers are there to help you succeed. It is a highly visible team and you get to learn every aspect of the firm’s business. The work-life balance is also one of the best in my opinion.

Cons

It is a huge firm so work can get compartmentalized, which makes it hard to wear different hats.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Incredible work environment

May 19, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Wheeling, WV
    Business Outlook

Pros

Incredible work environment with friendly and supportive colleagues Collaborative work environment Great benefits and pay

Cons

The work hours are long

10. 5.0

Great firm

May 19, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great firm to work for!

Cons

Confusing org structure and management requirements.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 238 Reviews

Orrick Reviews FAQs

Orrick has an overall rating of 4.5 out of 5, based on over 284 reviews left anonymously by employees. 96% of employees would recommend working at Orrick to a friend and 94% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 11% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Orrick employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.5 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Orrick. This rating has improved by 5% over the last 12 months.

96% of Orrick employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Orrick 3.5 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.3 for culture and values and 3.9 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Orrick to be career development, culture, benefits and the cons to be management, work life balance.

Popular Careers with Orrick Job Seekers