Cover image for Orrick

Found 304 of over 363 reviews

4.7
Orrick Chairman  Mitchell Zuklie
Mitchell Zuklie

What people are saying about Orrick

Join the conversation on

Law

143.8K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/law/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Employer-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Orrick~3314
Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about Orrick? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Orrick employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question

What are your colleagues talking about?

Find your private company bowl on Fishbowl, join the hottest conversation with your colleagues anonymously.
Join the Conversation

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Orrick and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Featured Review

Like family

Jul 31, 2022 - Associate in Los Angeles, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Orrick make it their #1 priority to ensure that the entire team feels like family. Each and every one of us is thought to be a vital member that contributes their individual talents to help reach the end goal. We make it a point to devote all of our hearts and souls into every case. Our clients mean the world to us and we strive to let them know that no matter how large or small their case, it is worth the fight!

Cons

I have no cons at this time.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee

Attorney

May 20, 2023 - Attorney
    Business Outlook

Pros

Wonderful work environment and great people.

Cons

I have none to report.

3. Join the Orrick team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 4.0
    Former Employee

Compensation

Apr 24, 2023 - Payroll Manager in Wheeling, WV
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good place to work, flexible hours

Cons

Bonus structure not consistent within departments

5. 5.0

My time at Orrick

Jun 21, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have been with Orrick for the last 3 years. Orrick is an incredible law firm that works tirelessly to be the best in the business. I am proud to be part of this team and work for such a reputable law firm. The leadership here moves mountains for their clients, who are endlessly grateful for their dedication and that of the attorneys and staff. Management here is flexible, caring and appreciative of the efforts of the team. When one of the employees was caring for an ill relative, they were allowed to work from home for months so that there would be no disruption of care. Managers have an open door policy that encourages everyone to come in with concerns and suggestions. There are regular training sessions and team meetings to make sure things are going well. The environment is supportive and it’s clear that each person's success is based in part on the willingness to support their colleagues. Everyone is expected to pitch in when needed. Everyone is treated with respect. I have read some negative reviews and I do not believe they represent the culture of this firm at all. However, the expectations are high and there have been people who have not been able to adjust to the culture or the basics of a strong work ethic. However, the ability to move up and learn is very evident and there are many people who have been here their entire career. Likely because individual accomplishments are as celebrated as firm accomplishments. If you are looking for a place where you work hard but have great co-workers and a great team of leaders, then this is the place for you.

Cons

I do not have any cons.

6. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Right team makes all the difference

Mar 4, 2023 - Anonymous Employee in Wheeling, WV
    Business Outlook

Pros

Decent pay Great PTO If you're on the right team, you get well taken care of.

Cons

Insurance packages were much better when I started. Political motivated changes in insurance company limited options and drove up costs.

Continue reading
    1 person found this review helpful
  7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Orrick is the best firm I’ve ever worked for

Jul 28, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I've been at Orrick for the last three years, and the staff and firm are truly the best. I love the open, modern feel to the office. The benefits are top tier and hosts many events throughout the year for employees. The best part of working at Orrick is the people. They genuinely respect and enjoy each other, and there's little to no office drama. We work hard, but we also laugh a lot, and there's a real commitment to teamwork across all the departments. The work is challenging and fast-paced, and if you lack dedication or motivation, it's probably not the right place for you. For most staff, the job is more than just a paycheck. It's about helping others. The pay is good, but you'll find most are there for mission more than the money.

Cons

No company is a perfect fit for everyone, but Orrick suits me well, and it's difficult to come up with many cons. Each legal case is different and many are unpredictable so you need to be flexible and able to adapt to changing events and deadlines. It's not a place where you can rely on autopilot or where "good enough" is acceptable. Staff are challenged to meet a high standard of service and to strive to exceed expectations. Those who shy away from challenges or want a slower paced work environment may not be comfortable here.

8. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Title more for determining pay than merit

Jan 15, 2023 - Senior Managing Associate in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Alternative work arrangements, appreciation for work life balance.

Cons

Its flexibility in work arrangements seems to mean they can level lateral attorneys in more creative ways than a strictly lockstep BigLaw firm - i.e., they can come up with an arrangement that justifies paying less than market for the level of expertise. Senior level attorneys from other law firms will be coming in sometimes at junior level at Orrixk.

9. 5.0
    Former Employee

Great Internship Opportunity

Feb 26, 2023 - Professional Support Intern in Los Angeles, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very kind and welcoming staff at the office. Good pay for an internship position.

Cons

I experienced no major cons.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great people make a great firm

Feb 21, 2023 - Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The team at Orrick is incredible.

Cons

The billable requirements are high, but it’s to be expected from big law.

11. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great for Biglaw

Feb 12, 2023 - Managing Associate in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Interesting work with a good culture.

Cons

It's biglaw; long hours and unpredictable.

Continue reading
Viewing 1 - 10 of 304 Reviews
</>Embed

Orrick Reviews FAQs

Orrick has an overall rating of 4.7 out of 5, based on over 363 reviews left anonymously by employees. 95% of employees would recommend working at Orrick to a friend and 98% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Orrick employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.7 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Orrick. This rating has improved by 6% over the last 12 months.

95% of Orrick employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Orrick 3.8 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.6 for culture and values and 4.4 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Orrick to be career development, culture, benefits and the cons to be management, work life balance.

Popular Careers with Orrick Job Seekers