Ortho Molecular Products Reviews | Glassdoor

3.6
Gary Powers

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Happy Employee"

I have been working at Ortho Molecular Products full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I feel like the company cares about me as a person with all of their wellness programs and activities. I don't know of many other places that cater in food Monday - Friday.
    I have learned a lot while working here and appreciate the opportunities for personal growth. The people I work with are friendly and upper management around the office are all approachable.

Cons

Schedules aren't really flexible, which is something that is showing up more and more nowadays.

"Great program...until they have to follow through on their promises"

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Woodstock, IL
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Woodstock, IL

I worked at Ortho Molecular Products full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Good employee benefits (free product, catered food, etc.)
    -Great mentorship & training
    -Jack Radloff!!!

Cons

The inside sales program at this company is top-notch, as reps leave it way ahead of where they started and have been some of the top performers in the company after getting promoted.

The only problem...they don't get promoted anymore. This program was sold as a year-and-a-half/two-year commitment and has now turned into an endless holding pattern where very qualified reps are left feeling unfulfilled. Management does not listen to the thoughts/ideas/pleading of anyone from the department, and instead just stays ignorant to what is going on under their own roof.

If you want to work for a company with an actually great purpose, get trained by one of the best people in the history of the company, and then get stuck in Woodstock, IL for a year more than you deserve, this is the job for you.

Advice to Management

Listen to the people that you put in positions of power. We are a large company now, with large issues, and every decision can't be managed by Aaron Bartz alone. If people at the middle-management level continue not to be listened to, then Ortho is doomed to continue as a company with big dreams and no ability to execute them.

3. "Company is ran by salespeople... Don't be sold on the "Benefits""

I have been working at Ortho Molecular Products full-time

Pros

There is free food all the time. The company makes an attempt to have a solid work force and there is endless resources for personal development in the sales training program. Good job right out of college... if you want to still live like a college student and be broke, sell healthcare and need to try avoid drinking because "it's not lifestyle medicine."

Cons

I really had to sit down and think about what makes me enjoy life at this company and that's all I could come up with. In the sales training program the best person you will run into is Jack Radloff. He is mold you into a great salesperson and really set you up for success... for another company. This company talks about hiring from within but will always hire less qualified candidates from the outside that are less qualified. You can be support for people who have no idea what they are doing and make 1/2 of what they are but hey it is all apart of the companies vision. No matter how well you perform in the training program the company will always try and pick a less qualified candidate who might have potential to be a semi-successful representative. So if you are ok with constantly being over looked, being a secretary for a region and/or are a masochist this is the career choice for you. My advice, come here for a year become a really awesome salesman in the program and then find another company.

Advice to Management

Doesn't matter what I write here because everything will fall on deaf ears as long as Aaron Bartz is president. Plus Gary Powers is an awesome guy and I think he has everyone's best interest in mind but he is too disconnected to really be influential.

"Not a good experience"

I worked at Ortho Molecular Products full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Discounted product.
    Nice office environment - well decorated

Cons

Emotionally abusive management.

"Beware x3"

I have been working at Ortho Molecular Products full-time

Pros

Some good coworkers, product and daily meals.

Cons

The company and management do not have your best interests in mind. You will micromanaged and disrespected the majority of the time, making you feel completely incompendent when really it has nothing to do with you. There is no work/life balance, only work. Actually laughable since Ortho is a company whose mission is around health and wellness.

Advice to Management

Management lacks skill but makes up for it by instilling fear into their employees. Listen to your employees, not just the favorited ones. Get organized so employees don’t get faced with last minute deadlines, projects and orders.

"Sales Executive"

Former Employee - Sales Executive
    Former Employee - Sales Executive

I worked at Ortho Molecular Products full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I was very fortunate to be surrounded upon a number of exceptional and successful people that enabled me to better myself every day. The environment and culture taught you how to work hard and face new challanges every day. On top of this I had one of the best Regional Manager's that anyone could hope to work for. I am thankful for everything that I learned with this company.

Cons

This could be a positive as well, but the company is growing fast and for all of the negative comments surrounding this company, I truly believe that one could argue that some of the reps that were being hired were not in the best interest of the company's culture which in turn led to some sour people leaving. Go cry and start your own company if you cant handle it.

Advice to Management

Keep growing - stick to your culture that has led all of the success over the past 25 years. Thank you

"Working at Ortho Molecular... What a refreshing difference."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lake Barrington, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lake Barrington, IL

I have been working at Ortho Molecular Products full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This place is amazing! We are a leading manufacturer of supplements in the nutraceutical realm. Our products are the best compared to our competitors as we only compound the highest quality, purest and most potent ingredients available. The company really cares for the employees. We are provided with healthy catered food every day and can also partake in health & wellness activities to help stay healthy like the gym membership that I use. Ortho Molecular holds monthly group character meetings that are centered around positive character traits. I recently joined the company mentorship program where I can grow and be inspired to be the best. I love this place and feel that the company has a definite positive synergy happening where we all feel like we are working towards a bigger cause. It's a refreshing difference from many of the uninspired jobs in the market... here at Ortho, I feel that I'm in a real career and helping to make a positive impact in the lives of others and for the company.

Cons

I can't see any negatives working at Ortho Molecular Products.

Advice to Management

Thank you for all of the great things you do for us!

"Still a Great Place to Work"

I have been working at Ortho Molecular Products full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Challenging, personal growth is encouraged.

Cons

Really Fast Paced, if you can't handle the heat, stay out of the kitchen.

Advice to Management

Keep trucking, we're growing fast.

"Good not Great"

Pros

They refuse to sacrifice quality.

Cons

They stop giving raises and tell employees they are just topped out, to employees who have been there almost 20 years and make $17 an hour working a skilled position.

"Awesome Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Woodstock, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Woodstock, IL

I have been working at Ortho Molecular Products full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've been with Ortho Molecular Products for a year now and I love this company. I can honestly say that it's one of the best companies I have ever worked for. The work is fast-paced and challenging yet very rewarding. We have different programs for employees to get recognized for their hard work. We also have lots of incentives that gives employees gift cards for their hard work! The CEO and President are always giving back and helping the community.

Cons

I can't think of any cons!