Ortho Molecular Products Reviews | Glassdoor

3.9
Gary Powers

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Happy Employee"

I have been working at Ortho Molecular Products full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I feel like the company cares about me as a person with all of their wellness programs and activities. I don't know of many other places that cater in food Monday - Friday.
    I have learned a lot while working here and appreciate the opportunities for personal growth. The people I work with are friendly and upper management around the office are all approachable.

Cons

Schedules aren't really flexible, which is something that is showing up more and more nowadays.

"Beware x3"

I have been working at Ortho Molecular Products full-time

Pros

Some good coworkers, product and daily meals.

Cons

The company and management do not have your best interests in mind. You will micromanaged and disrespected the majority of the time, making you feel completely incompendent when really it has nothing to do with you. There is no work/life balance, only work. Actually laughable since Ortho is a company whose mission is around health and wellness.

Advice to Management

Management lacks skill but makes up for it by instilling fear into their employees. Listen to your employees, not just the favorited ones. Get organized so employees don’t get faced with last minute deadlines, projects and orders.

"Sales Executive"

Former Employee - Sales Executive
    Former Employee - Sales Executive

I worked at Ortho Molecular Products full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I was very fortunate to be surrounded upon a number of exceptional and successful people that enabled me to better myself every day. The environment and culture taught you how to work hard and face new challanges every day. On top of this I had one of the best Regional Manager's that anyone could hope to work for. I am thankful for everything that I learned with this company.

Cons

This could be a positive as well, but the company is growing fast and for all of the negative comments surrounding this company, I truly believe that one could argue that some of the reps that were being hired were not in the best interest of the company's culture which in turn led to some sour people leaving. Go cry and start your own company if you cant handle it.

Advice to Management

Keep growing - stick to your culture that has led all of the success over the past 25 years. Thank you

"Working at Ortho Molecular... What a refreshing difference."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lake Barrington, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lake Barrington, IL

I have been working at Ortho Molecular Products full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This place is amazing! We are a leading manufacturer of supplements in the nutraceutical realm. Our products are the best compared to our competitors as we only compound the highest quality, purest and most potent ingredients available. The company really cares for the employees. We are provided with healthy catered food every day and can also partake in health & wellness activities to help stay healthy like the gym membership that I use. Ortho Molecular holds monthly group character meetings that are centered around positive character traits. I recently joined the company mentorship program where I can grow and be inspired to be the best. I love this place and feel that the company has a definite positive synergy happening where we all feel like we are working towards a bigger cause. It's a refreshing difference from many of the uninspired jobs in the market... here at Ortho, I feel that I'm in a real career and helping to make a positive impact in the lives of others and for the company.

Cons

I can't see any negatives working at Ortho Molecular Products.

Advice to Management

Thank you for all of the great things you do for us!

"Still a Great Place to Work"

I have been working at Ortho Molecular Products full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Challenging, personal growth is encouraged.

Cons

Really Fast Paced, if you can't handle the heat, stay out of the kitchen.

Advice to Management

Keep trucking, we're growing fast.

"Good not Great"

Pros

They refuse to sacrifice quality.

Cons

They stop giving raises and tell employees they are just topped out, to employees who have been there almost 20 years and make $17 an hour working a skilled position.

"Awesome Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Woodstock, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Woodstock, IL

I have been working at Ortho Molecular Products full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've been with Ortho Molecular Products for a year now and I love this company. I can honestly say that it's one of the best companies I have ever worked for. The work is fast-paced and challenging yet very rewarding. We have different programs for employees to get recognized for their hard work. We also have lots of incentives that gives employees gift cards for their hard work! The CEO and President are always giving back and helping the community.

Cons

I can't think of any cons!

"Best Team in the Nutraceutical Industry"

Current Employee - sales rep in Woodstock, IL
    Current Employee - sales rep in Woodstock, IL

I have been working at Ortho Molecular Products full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

A multitude of mentors to choose from, great training, steadfast in vision, consistant year over year growth, rewards top performers, create my own schedule which allows for self-management, everyone is passionate about the products (our customers share that passion) which makes the sales process very rewarding, the industry is booming and we are at/close to the top of the industry, going international with growth, as a long-term thinker/planner this is great company in an amazing position which will allow me to see tremendous personal success.

I have read some of these other posts...the cons claim a cult like following? I work from home, the only interaction I have is with my team (4-5 reps) and manager - all of which are amazing people and friends. Each team is made up of different personalities and have varying cultures that share the same passion for what they do - it is what we all have in common. Only 1 time per year does the whole company get together for a sales meeting where we are flown out to a beach resort in California where we have a huge appreciation dinner and awards night. The rest is additional training and sharing of upcoming exciting events. Also, golf, volleyball, and Spa...No prayer, no uncomfortable situations, no disrespect, etc.

I am very grateful for the opportunity and am humble enough to say that my success here is a direct result of the investment from my team/partners, manager, and multiple mentors.

Cons

Trying to keep up the growth of industry and company sometimes makes the head spin. New products, tools, programs...good things, but sometimes overwhelming. Could be the opposite I guess.

"Very Proud Employee"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Woodstock, IL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Woodstock, IL

I have been working at Ortho Molecular Products full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I don't comprehend any of the negative reviews being posted. My experience working for this company has been fulfilling, exciting, challenging and helped me grow both as an individual and as an employee. Isn’t that what all employees are looking for? We are a company that is growing, consistently developing new and innovative formulations and programs, all with the intent to "transform the practice of medicine." We have outstanding corporate wellness, annual profit sharing and quarterly updates from the President on financials. No secrets, no hidden agendas, no bias. The men and women from our executive team work tirelessly to continue the company's success. We have a highly trained and engaged sales team. Our customer service is one of the best. Our manufacturing and quality departments are amazing.

Cons

Nothing to speak of. The work environment is fast paced, which may be challenging for some if not used to it.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing! You are respected and appreciated. All we ask is that you continue to make decisions that benefit the continued growth and success of OUR organization.

"No Respect, Empty Promises-don't walk, run for the door"

Current Employee - Manufacturing
    Current Employee - Manufacturing

I have been working at Ortho Molecular Products full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The manufacturing employees are great people. There is a sense of camaraderie as seen in most abusive situations. They offer healthcare.

Cons

It's hard to say what is the biggest factor, the cult like mentality, the religious based promotion, the hypocrisy or the overall pathetic management. There is regular overtime usually due to poor management and terrible communication. They talk about accountability being a priority yet the only people accountable are the poor workers that have to clean up the mess. Materials not ordered, rush jobs that end up causing inferior product that doesn't pass quality inspection. Unrealistic, unsafe and unethical expectations for time and job duties. New titles, more work and responsibility are offered under the guise of a "promotion" with no monetary compensation. Management gets a poor employee survey year after year and the "management" response is to talk down to the employees telling them they should be happy to have a job. They continue to lose people and can't understand why. Positions stay unfilled because HR is looking for the "right" fit, synonymous with right beliefs. The day vs night shift treatment disparity causes tangible stress for everyone. The extra projects and duties put off by supervisors unto their staff takes away needed time from actual manufacturing.

Advice to Management

Start practicing what you endlessly preach, do right by the people that have made you the money you love to spend on hobby farms. Stop making pretty speeches and get into the trenches with your employees. They like a free lunch but would prefer to be able to make their car payment. People don't care what you know, they want to know you hear their concerns, they want to be validated not shamed into submission. You have a team of idiots and the sooner you clean house the better.