Ortho Molecular Products Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Gary Powers

"Awesome Company"

I have been working at Ortho Molecular Products full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've been with Ortho Molecular Products for a year now and I love this company. I can honestly say that it's one of the best companies I have ever worked for. The work is fast-paced and challenging yet very rewarding. We have different programs for employees to get recognized for their hard work. We also have lots of incentives that gives employees gift cards for their hard work! The CEO and President are always giving back and helping the community.

Cons

I can't think of any cons!

"Best Team in the Nutraceutical Industry"

Current Employee - sales rep in Woodstock, IL
    Current Employee - sales rep in Woodstock, IL

I have been working at Ortho Molecular Products full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

A multitude of mentors to choose from, great training, steadfast in vision, consistant year over year growth, rewards top performers, create my own schedule which allows for self-management, everyone is passionate about the products (our customers share that passion) which makes the sales process very rewarding, the industry is booming and we are at/close to the top of the industry, going international with growth, as a long-term thinker/planner this is great company in an amazing position which will allow me to see tremendous personal success.

I have read some of these other posts...the cons claim a cult like following? I work from home, the only interaction I have is with my team (4-5 reps) and manager - all of which are amazing people and friends. Each team is made up of different personalities and have varying cultures that share the same passion for what they do - it is what we all have in common. Only 1 time per year does the whole company get together for a sales meeting where we are flown out to a beach resort in California where we have a huge appreciation dinner and awards night. The rest is additional training and sharing of upcoming exciting events. Also, golf, volleyball, and Spa...No prayer, no uncomfortable situations, no disrespect, etc.

I am very grateful for the opportunity and am humble enough to say that my success here is a direct result of the investment from my team/partners, manager, and multiple mentors.

Cons

Trying to keep up the growth of industry and company sometimes makes the head spin. New products, tools, programs...good things, but sometimes overwhelming. Could be the opposite I guess.

"Very Proud Employee"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Woodstock, IL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Woodstock, IL

I have been working at Ortho Molecular Products full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I don't comprehend any of the negative reviews being posted. My experience working for this company has been fulfilling, exciting, challenging and helped me grow both as an individual and as an employee. Isn’t that what all employees are looking for? We are a company that is growing, consistently developing new and innovative formulations and programs, all with the intent to "transform the practice of medicine." We have outstanding corporate wellness, annual profit sharing and quarterly updates from the President on financials. No secrets, no hidden agendas, no bias. The men and women from our executive team work tirelessly to continue the company's success. We have a highly trained and engaged sales team. Our customer service is one of the best. Our manufacturing and quality departments are amazing.

Cons

Nothing to speak of. The work environment is fast paced, which may be challenging for some if not used to it.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing! You are respected and appreciated. All we ask is that you continue to make decisions that benefit the continued growth and success of OUR organization.

"No Respect, Empty Promises-don't walk, run for the door"

Current Employee - Manufacturing
    Current Employee - Manufacturing

I have been working at Ortho Molecular Products full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The manufacturing employees are great people. There is a sense of camaraderie as seen in most abusive situations. They offer healthcare.

Cons

It's hard to say what is the biggest factor, the cult like mentality, the religious based promotion, the hypocrisy or the overall pathetic management. There is regular overtime usually due to poor management and terrible communication. They talk about accountability being a priority yet the only people accountable are the poor workers that have to clean up the mess. Materials not ordered, rush jobs that end up causing inferior product that doesn't pass quality inspection. Unrealistic, unsafe and unethical expectations for time and job duties. New titles, more work and responsibility are offered under the guise of a "promotion" with no monetary compensation. Management gets a poor employee survey year after year and the "management" response is to talk down to the employees telling them they should be happy to have a job. They continue to lose people and can't understand why. Positions stay unfilled because HR is looking for the "right" fit, synonymous with right beliefs. The day vs night shift treatment disparity causes tangible stress for everyone. The extra projects and duties put off by supervisors unto their staff takes away needed time from actual manufacturing.

Advice to Management

Start practicing what you endlessly preach, do right by the people that have made you the money you love to spend on hobby farms. Stop making pretty speeches and get into the trenches with your employees. They like a free lunch but would prefer to be able to make their car payment. People don't care what you know, they want to know you hear their concerns, they want to be validated not shamed into submission. You have a team of idiots and the sooner you clean house the better.

"If I could rate this company with zero stars, I would."

Former Employee - Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Sales Representative

I worked at Ortho Molecular Products full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Amazing products. I still use many years after I have left the company.

Cons

Please, please, please believe the negative reviews on here. This is more like a religious cult than a workplace. From day one the company tries to instill fear in employees. If you do not fit the mold or learn how to fit the mold, you will be let go. From Aaron Bartz down to the sales managers, sales reps are managed through the use of fear and micromanagement. They constantly cycle through reps and two reps have left my current territory in two years. One rep left because she wasn't allowed to take vacation for her honeymoon!! I was one of their top sales people but was so miserable that I sought greener pastures. I should mention that even as a top sales person, the money I was paid was not close to worth the headache. Please save your sanity and look for employment elsewhere. You will thank me!

Advice to Management

Aaron Bartz needs to leave. He is arrogant and condescending. Some of his sales managers are really great at their jobs but are all to scared of Aaron to really be effective.

"Synergistic work environment coupled with integrity"

Current Employee - Anonymous in Woodstock, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Woodstock, IL

I have been working at Ortho Molecular Products full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love working at Ortho Molecular Products because of the energy that comes from working with creative, dedicated individuals united by the mission of delivering high quality products, our commitment to efficacy, outstanding customer service and the company core values. The company values the contributions of it's employees and recognizes all individuals. They have excellent wellness programs and cares about the well being of its employees. If health, nutrition, fitness or nutraceutical medicine are things you have a passion for, you'll love working at this company.

Cons

Can't think of anything that is negative.

"Feels Like Home!"

Current Employee - Report Developer in Woodstock, IL
    Current Employee - Report Developer in Woodstock, IL

I have been working at Ortho Molecular Products full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I work in IT, and my experience of this company amazes me. They care a lot for their employees: they feed us great food four times a week, best medical benefits compared to most companies and no-cost-to-employee life insurance, fitness programs and gym reimbursement, once-a-month lunch/meeting with CEO (amazing and inspirational person) about character traits from attentiveness to forgiveness, everyone is treated as equals, and lots of reward for doing a good job!

We get a HUGE discount on our products, which are top of the line (better than anything at GNC), not to mention any product free at the end of month. I take lots of food home for the family at the end of the week because we always have so much left over!

As for working for Ortho, this isn't a job for gaining technical experience for a resume, but one you want to hold on to... lots of pride, very friendly and easy-going employees, much room for promotion and advancement, and great salary!

Cons

Manufacturing plant, which is the most clean I have ever seen (looks more like a science lab facility), is in Wisconsin; I am in the corporate office in Illinois. If you like this region, great! Else, the only reason I would leave is if I get too tired of Illinois!

Also, they have a huge and detailed interviewing process. I underwent four interviews, two on phone and two on site! I even took the most rigorous personality test, complete with quantitative reasoning/IQ. Still their screening is effective seeing the people that work for us; Ortho really cares about getting the right people on board; I just wish I didn't live 5 hours away during all that interviewing!

Advice to Management

Consider an office in the Carolinas or the West coast or something. Hard to get a majority of potential employees when both locations are in the north central region of USA.

"Great Place to Work"

I have been working at Ortho Molecular Products full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great atmosphere, friendly employees, fun wellness programs, encouragement to learn and grow as a person, catered breakfast/lunches, willingness to listen to new ideas, and great products. I feel like they actually care about my wellbeing.

Cons

Sometimes meeting deadlines can be stressful, but you get that with any job. I don't understand the other reviews about leading with fear - I haven't witnessed anything like that.

Advice to Management

Overall I think the company is doing very well. There are a lot of good things that they are doing. I'm a fan of the panning that goes on to ensure everything runs as smoothly as possible, and it's nice to know what is going on at your company.

"Great Experience"

Current Employee - Account Executive
    Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at Ortho Molecular Products full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Manage your own schedule, great pay, great flexibility, great management, Very encouraging co-workers and managers.

Cons

lots of information and product knowledge. lots of driving. high stress

"Efficacy Matters"

I have been working at Ortho Molecular Products full-time

Pros

Great atmosphere, management is okay.. Character Lunches, huge bonuses

Cons

Some higher ups think they're better. Promote people who don't deserve.