KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

5.0
Orum CEO Jason Dorfman
Jason Dorfman

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Amazing team(in 5 reviews)
  • "Everyone is super authentic, genuine, and wants to help and contribute to the success of their peers.(in 4 reviews)
  • "Amazing Culture and Benefits(in 4 reviews)
Cons
    There are no cons to display at this time.
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

An exciting and GROWING startup!

Aug 29, 2022 - Marketing Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Orum is a thriving startup with a phenomenal product, a dedicated and extremely talented team, and an amazing work-life balance. Everyone at Orum, from the CEO to the customer success team is welcoming, helpful, and passionate about what we do. It's truly an exciting time to be a part of the team!

Cons

With any startup, things need to move fast and that's not always easy for everyone. If you love the fast-paced lifestyle, you'll fit in perfectly at Orum.

2. 5.0

Orum Is The Answer

Jul 22, 2022 - Recruitment Sourcer
    Business Outlook

Pros

- The biggest pro to me, as a recruiter, is being able to be proud of the company I am sending my candidates to. I know our leaders will foster growth and development in their team and my candidates will have a genuine opportunity to make an impact. - Mission Driven Culture - Everyone at Orum truly believes in the product and is passionate about the impact it has on Sales Teams, as we've seen it first hand. - Leadership is AMAZING. The leaders at Orum are seriously incredible. They have such dynamic and diverse experience across the company. I learn something new from one of our leaders on a daily basis. - Company Values; Excellence, Accountability, Stewardship, Integrity, No Jerks and Good Ideas Win are all values that you will see beaming out of Orumites. The company values genuinely foster a culture of collaboration where everyone is putting their best work in and proud to be a part of what we are doing. - Growth! Orum leaders are invested in a culture of merit based promotions, meaning if you do well, you will be recognized for it.

Cons

The startup life isn't for everyone. Sometimes it feels like we're building the Rocketship while flying it, so everyone has to be a driver. This is definitely a fast-paced, high-growth startup.

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

No Ego | Freedom | Flexibility | Accountability

Jun 2, 2022 - Department Leader
    Business Outlook

Pros

We are working with smart, driven, talented individuals who surrender their egos with ease. There is a great deal of emotional intelligence exhibited in the meetings and the accountability affords everyone the best collaborative environment to get stuff done (GSD). We have the freedom to work anywhere in the U.S. with flexible hours for most roles. We have one of the most diverse leadership teams out there and our sales teams have some of the most successful saleswomen in the game! We have promoted 12 people in the last 6 months and have scaled beautifully with carefully crafted onboarding, training, and enablement. Our talent team finds diamonds in the rough and often looked-over communities to groom for tech roles. A few of our product and sales hires came from culinary backgrounds. We are seeing advancement as soon as 6 months to a year with our engineering and sales teams. Check out Sky Grace, Anna Teng, and Daisy Ching for examples. We value transparency, list our salaries, and have 6-month performance reviews with (2-4%) raises. We love dogs, growing families, and travel. We also take our whole company on vacation 2x a year for connection and FUN!

Cons

It's a start-up, meaning we are building many things from scratch. It can be scrappy, and ambiguous at times - but attitude is everything. We are looking for drivers, not passengers for this fast-paced environment. Not a fit for everyone.

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great Culture with lots of Hardworking Teammates!

Aug 24, 2022 - Sales Operations Manager in Jersey City, NJ
    Business Outlook

Pros

- everyone is super motivated - team mates are willing to collaborate cross-functionally - fully WFH with a great office equipment reimbursement perk - lots of projects to tackle as the company is growing rapidly - annual company retreat (1-2 times)! being fully remote, this is an awesome way to get to meet your teammates - great leaders with a lot of past experience and background

Cons

- communication can get tough being fully remote. would love to find the best way to communicate - techstack bloat can get overwhelming (at times, there's so many different tools that it's hard to keep track of)

5. 5.0

Working at Orum

Aug 25, 2022 - Senior Accountant in Fresno, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

My colleagues are very supportive and helpful whenever I need them. I like the flexible time off policy and the flexibility working from home offers. I'm looking forward to the company retreat where I will get to collaborate with my team as well as other team members in the company.

Cons

Limited training on all the software utilized by our team.

6. 5.0

Proud to be an Orumite!

Aug 24, 2022 - Technical Recruitment Coordinator in Phoenix, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Fast-paced - The accountability is there, employees are held to a high standard - Orum days off and unlimited PTO

Cons

- Orum is a start-up so it can feel very fast moving but there is so much growth that happens in that kind of environment

7. 5.0

Love working here

Aug 9, 2022 - Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Engineering leadership are super smart and also excellent managers — a winning combination. There's a strong emphasis on code quality which means a clean codebase and thorough, educational code reviews that drive my growth as an engineer. Team members are competent, helpful, and easy to work with. Outside of the engineering team, I've been consistently impressed with the results sales and CS have been able to achieve. Future's looking bright. Great benefits, unlimited PTO.

Cons

None I can think of.

8. 5.0

Great People works here

Aug 25, 2022 - Senior Fp&A Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

* Good people * Great dynamics with the totally remote situation * Honest * Clear directions * Great communication * Fun

Cons

* Not a lot face to face interactions

9. 5.0

Great company, great mission

Jun 22, 2022 - Sales Development Representative in Nashville, TN
    Business Outlook

Pros

This is a fully WFH job, as the entire team is spread across the US. First Friday off every month, every holiday and two weeks off at the end of the year. Company paid trips so we can bond with the team Unlimited PTO Full benefits Elite training Open door policy- no question is dumb and your voice is heard No jerks policy- healthy competition & we all want each other to win Very obtainable quotas

Cons

The WFH aspect can be both a pro and a con if you are someone who enjoys being around your fellow coworkers. No 401(k) match (Not necessarily a con:) This is a startup so there are lots of changes and you have to be very adaptable and ready to work hard.

10. 5.0

Ok here we go

Feb 15, 2022 - Recruiter in Salt Lake City, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Being at Orum, you really feel like you're a part of a mission. That the work you do matters and has a tangible impact. I've worked with many startups and this one truly feels special. It starts with, as a first principal, being a fully remote company. You can live and work anywhere in the US. I started Orum in California and the next week relocated to another state! The culture is amazing too. Everyone is super authentic, genuine, and wants to help and contribute to the success of their peers. The benefits are AMAZING. I'm finally able to bring my family under one plan at rates that are far LOWER than anything I've ever paid, ever for just myself. I could go on and on, but I finally feel like I've landed in a place where I could grow professionally, personally, be a part of meaningful work, and make great connections along the way.

Cons

The downsides, to me, are really just a matter of perspective. Startups aren't for everyone. Often times, you're building things for the first time. Or improving old processes...things can be very fluid and change happens quickly. For me, I gravitate towards this. I like it. The changes, the building, all of it so from my perspective this isn't really a downside but part of the ride and fun of it all.

2 people found this review helpful

Orum Response

Senior Recruiting Manager

We appreciate your transparency and review of our Orum. We are thankful we get to also support your family with our benefits packages. We are lucky to have you!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 33 Reviews
</>Embed

Orum Reviews FAQs

Orum has an overall rating of 5.0 out of 5, based on over 33 reviews left anonymously by employees. 100% of employees would recommend working at Orum to a friend and 100% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Orum employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.9 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Orum. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.

100% of Orum employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Orum 4.9 out of 5 for work life balance, 5.0 for culture and values and 4.9 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Orum to be senior leadership, benefits, culture and the cons to be diversity and inclusion, career development.

Popular Careers with Orum Job Seekers