Oryx Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.8
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Michael Cosper

"Great Place for Development and Fun!"

Current Employee - Human Resources Manager in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Human Resources Manager in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Oryx full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The whole team is so supportive and helpful! One of the most professional companies I have ever worked for! The hands-on coaching and development is amazing! The family culture here is like non other! I also enjoy the non-profit work we do!

Cons

None that I can think of! Keep up the great work!

Advice to Management

Keep talking about goals and family! Thank you for opening up to us and helping us grow!

Dec 7, 2016 – President

Thank you for the review! Don't worry, I have no intentions to stop talking about my goals and family! They are what gets me out of bed everyday and gives me purpose. I am glad you like the ... More

"A Women, Mother, and HR Recruiter for Oryx Nashville."

Current Employee - Human Resources Recruiter in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Human Resources Recruiter in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Oryx full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Family environment, up-beat, changes lives, excited to come to work.

Cons

No cons come to mind.

Advice to Management

For Black Friday my daycare was closed. As a single mother, being able to bring my son to work added so much more appreciation for my bosses and my company. I'm truly grateful to work for a company that loves their employees as if they were family. I've recently moved to Nashville and the entire team has taken me under their wing. I am so excited to have found this gem of a workplace and can’t wait for the future endeavors that will take place!

Dec 7, 2016 – President

We LOVE your son and he is welcome anytime! He is lucky to have a mother like you to show him a great example.

"Good environment and great pay incentives"

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Nashville, TN

I worked at Oryx full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love the performance based pay aspect of the business. I used to work for a company that paid hourly regardless of how hard I worked and it made me frustrated because I prefer to be paid based on my performance. I truly appreciate the things I learned and the money I gained while with Oryx Nashville. One of the best jobs I ever had. Would recommend this job to others

Cons

Hard work and a willingness to make personal changes. You will also be held accountable for your actions which is an aspect I really enjoyed.

Advice to Management

Keep up what you are doing!!!

Dec 19, 2016 – President

Thank you for your review! It is always a pleasure to work with professionals who are driven and love accountability!

"Amazing place to learn and grow"

I have been working at Oryx full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Learning from the ground up, who you were yesterday makes no difference everyone starts off at the same level and advancement is based on hard work and merit. Great environment coworkers treat you like family and so do Mike and Vianca. You are just another person to them they take the time to get to know you and care about you accomplishing you goals.

Cons

I don't see anything about working here as a con. If you are willing to invest your time hardwork and dedication then you will be successful

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! I have worked for other marketing firms before and this firm is hands down the best of the best. It is evident that you guys actually care about your people and I thank you for that.

Dec 7, 2016 – President

Thank you for the kind words! You are right, we do care about everyone at Oryx! Two of our core values are commitment and gratitude. We are very thankful for everyone who shows commitment to helping ... More

"Great Environment and Opportunity"

Former Employee - Chief Executive Officer/President in Colorado Springs, CO
    Former Employee - Chief Executive Officer/President in Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at Oryx full-time

Pros

Oryx Nashville provided great training and support that rewarded my hard work.

Cons

The only concern is that I couldn't stay longer.

Jan 11, 2017 – President

Thank you for the kind words! We wish you could have stayed longer too! -MC

"Account Manager"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Nashville, TN

Pros

This company seems professional when you first interview, but it is really not.

Cons

The job description is false. You are not an account manager. You basically sale direct-tv in wal mart. This company needs to stop wasting people's time with false dream. I am so glad that I did not buy into the pyramid. A job that is very is to get is a job that will be very easy to lose.

Jan 11, 2017 – President

I started to reply to this very informative review until I read this statement, "A job that is very is to get is a job that will be very easy to lose." - MC Edit: Also... "You basically sale ... More

"Be prepared to work hard and have lots of fun"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Nashville, TN

I worked at Oryx full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are two outstanding factors that make Oryx Nashville, Inc. become one of the top place to work for in Tennessee including amazing culture and fun environment. The management team is very understanding and personable to your concerns.

Cons

Get ready to work very hard to earn your opportunity. The system is designed to help those who are willing to work hard, having great student mentality, and maintaining positive attitude!

Oct 3, 2016 – President

Thank you for the positive review! I am sad that you decided to take your career a different direction, but seeing you grow in the year or more we worked together was such a pleasure. I know that you ... More

"Multi Level Marketing"

I have been working at Oryx full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fun environment, great sales training, amazing culture.

Cons

- Location to work: Walmart in all Tennessee, some of them are 2 hours away

- You will be talking to 175 people/day and hear 173 "No" from all level: happy to angry, polite to rude.

- 100% commission

- No travel expenses

- No gas reimbursement

- No paid vacation

- No health insurance for account managers

Advice to Management

Please stop bragging about your kid (the two owners are married and they often brought their son to the company and hangout with him while managing a team of professionals).

Dec 7, 2016 – President

Sorry I am taking a little longer to respond to your review than I typically do. This instance is unusual because it is the first time someone took a personal shot at myself and my wife in the ... More

"Oryx Nashville"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Nashville, TN

Pros

One of my favorite things about working at Oryx Nashville is that promotions based on merit. I know that the harder I work the faster I can reach my dreams of becoming an entrepreneur. I don’t have to worry about how long someone has been with the company or vice versa in order to get a promotion. Also, one of things I like about Oryx Nashville is the friendships I have made. My coworkers aren’t just someone I work with they are someone I can called my friends too.

Cons

A few people may see that we work longer hours but in order to be the very best in a business, you have to grind everyday not just Monday through Friday. If you are looking for a 9 to 5 then this isn’t the job for you. This management training program will only work when you put effort into it.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you’re doing, no advice here.

Oct 3, 2016 – President

I am glad you have developed such great relationships here. At my wedding this past October, I realized that about 2/3 of my guests were people that I met while working with Oryx! As far as the ... More

"Oryx Nashville"

I have been working at Oryx full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Super up-beat, high-energy atmosphere. Excellent growth opportunity. Everyone is always willing to help you out. Really great company with an amazing opportunity.

Cons

Requires hard work in order to advance, but advancement is based on performance. You are rewarded based on your hard work.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

Apr 14, 2016 – President

Thank you for your review!