Oscar Health Reviews
57% would recommend to a friend
(668 total reviews)
Mario T. Schlosser
74% approve of CEO
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "You meet really great people and can work from almost any state." (in 60 reviews)
- "Benefits are great and they provide lunch 3x a week plus constant snacks." (in 46 reviews)
- "Great pay and equally opportunity." (in 39 reviews)
- "The company tries hard to maintain a great culture (but this has also gone downhill)" (in 29 reviews)
- "Work from home, great management" (in 22 reviews)
- "Management is awful." (in 31 reviews)
- "Incredibly unprofessional senior leadership." (in 22 reviews)
- "A good manager will make a plan with you to address your concern." (in 18 reviews)
- "Training is horrible so everyone is processing insurance claims incorrectly" (in 9 reviews)
- "And worst of all, communication is terrible." (in 8 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Oscar Health and is not affected by filters.
Found 668 of over 722 reviews
Updated Nov 30, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 1.0Nov 30, 2023ManagerFormer Employee
Working from home before they ruined it. Other than that, none.
The senior leadership of this organization lie about everything. About the job you were hired for vs. actually doing. They lied about the role being permanent full time remote. New CEO destroyed the culture & ordered everyone back in an office twice a week. If you dont live in NY or AZ they wont promote you because you cant come into an office. All of their tools are antiquated or broken. They have no process or plan in place to accurately control their claims inventory. Their tech teams are good but leaderless. Lots of mean girl cliques in leadership. If you aren’t part of that club youre finished. They are BPOing their entire claims operations offshore and making claims workers take call center jobs or quit. Their customer reviews are mostly all terrible. This whole place is rotten. Lots of sexual harassment and blatant racism. Stay far away from this place its a sinking ship.
- 2.0Nov 30, 2023Project ManagerFormer Employee, more than 1 yearTempe, AZ
Good compensation and unlimited PTO
Most employees don't truly share the company culture. They care more about their jobs than the company's touted culture of respect.
- 4.0Nov 14, 2023Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee
The company is truly passionate about improving U.S. healthcare. The people are dedicated to the cause.
Not all processes were ironed out, but that is fully expected from a fast growing company.
- 5.0Jul 31, 2023Software EngineerCurrent Employee, more than 1 year
Tech moves fast and tangible improvements are made frequently to developer experience. Some of the smartest people I've worked with.
Growing pains of trying to improve the plane while you're flying it. Sometimes improvements in one area are made at the cost of ignoring long out-of-date systems. If you're the type that likes a problem to solve, it's for you - but it isn't a free lunch or somewhere you can slack off and get a paycheck. Unfortunately, they are pushing for people to move back into the office for some amount of time on a regular basis. Seems like management isn't ready to accept the gene's out of the bottle on that one.5
- 1.0Nov 23, 2023MarketingCurrent EmployeeNew York, NY
There are smart people that run the day to day at Oscar.
Management is completely out of touch. They don't care and foster personal and professional growth. Management is made up of legacy Oscar employees who no longer represent the new direction of the company. In marketing particular the head of marketing is incompetent and the team has no culture .
- 4.0Sep 8, 2023Team LeadCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearJupiter, FL
Benefits! Really affordable, great Cigna Insurance. PTO is unbelievably flexible (you get unlimited as a team lead or higher), you get to work from home and you aren't being watched all day. You meet really great people and can work from almost any state.
-Corporate jargon really is annoying. "Let me circle back to you, I want to close the loop, lets parking lot this question, give us your feedback" -There are so many people at this company, its hard to get recognized for what you do if you dont have a good manager. -Hard to move up the corporate ladder.1
Oscar Health Reviews FAQs
Oscar Health has an overall rating of 3.4 out of 5, based on over 722 reviews left anonymously by employees. 57% of employees would recommend working at Oscar Health to a friend and 44% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -5% over the last 12 months.
57% of Oscar Health employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Oscar Health 3.6 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.6 for culture and values and 3.2 for career opportunities.