Oscar Health "work environment" Reviews | Glassdoor

Oscar Health Employee Reviews about "work environment"

Updated Mar 13, 2020

4.0
Pros
  • "They are committed to our members while creating a positive work environment for their employees(in 22 reviews)

• "Top quality employee health insurance (obviously)(in 20 reviews)

Cons
  • "No significant cons about Oscar Health(in 37 reviews)

• "Growing pains are always going to be apart of a fast-growing company like this(in 26 reviews)

Reviews about "work environment"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Fun, caring"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Oscar Health full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great work environment, decent salary

Cons

I don't have anything to share

Oscar Health2020-03-13
  2. "Amazing Company!"

Former Intern - Software Engineer Intern in New York, NY

I worked at Oscar Health for less than a year

Pros

Great people and great work environment

Cons

No significant cons about Oscar Health

Oscar Health2019-08-29

"Amazing Culture at a Fast-Growing Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Oscar Health full-time for less than a year

Pros

fast-paced, good work environment, benefits, catered meals occasionally, and making a difference in the world.

Cons

Growing pains are always going to be apart of a fast-growing company like this.

Oscar Health2019-06-11
  4. "Great Company...Great Culture"

Current Employee - Director in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Oscar Health full-time for more than a year

Pros

Oscar is a company who is on a mission to change the face of healthcare. They are committed to our members while creating a positive work environment for their employees. The office itself is state of the art and provides an enjoyable space to spend the day. It is clear Oscar's leadership cares about the employees and wants to ensure people feel connected to Oscar long term.

Cons

With any fast growing company there are consistent changes and you need to be someone who can adapt and move quickly.

Oscar Health2019-03-15

"Clinical"

I have been working at Oscar Health full-time for more than a year

Pros

This review is an update to address the recent concerns and accusations by former Oscar employees about their work experiences. First of all, there were several comments about favoritism and unfair treatment. This is inaccurate because everyone can email directly to our CEO Mario about any concern and it will be heard and dealt with. Oscar has a zero tolerance of any type of harassment or bullying. When I was on boarding in the NY office several months ago, Mario took the time to speak with me and showed great empathy towards me during our interaction. Mario is passionate about Oscar’s development and growth and he continues to share updates with total transparency. The Oscar culture is about visibility and accountability. The best work environment. One opinion that is misdirected is that Oscar does not provide enough feedback or direction. Oscar expects you to contribute and take the initiative for your professional development. Oscar is supportive. Recently, Oscar implemented several manager training and mentoring programs for professional development. Oscar embraces a culture of inclusion. Time management skills are maxed, and must be thrive in a fast paced changing environment. Metrics driven, customer service satisfaction driven. The rewards personal are great and will carry forward into all other job and life experiences. Oscar's culture is for diversity and acceptance for everyone where people are willing to help when asked. At Oscar we feel like a family and we make sure that we all succeed together. Working in such a great environment with other great employees make you feel good about coming into work everyday I work with great people and for a company I admire. Oscar has helped my professional and personal development . Tempe AZ operations are huge and engaging with dynamic passion! Everyone works hard and I have the greatest respect for clinical team. Everyone cares about Oscar members and strives to give the optimum experience. Oscar's clinical vision is Helping people, resolving challenging issues. Management varies from location to location, but you will always feel welcome. Yes, there have been times that I do not understand certain department practices and experienced frustrating situations, however, my Oscar team has given me direction when needed. Emphasis on being polite and nice. There is a ton of feedback given in a positive manner.

Cons

This not place if you expect for company to give you constant feedback and praise. Expect stellar personal development that stays with you. The Oscar experience on the whole will reset the bar. Expect changes all the time which might not be for everyone!

Oscar Health2018-10-07

"care guide"

Current Employee - Care Guide in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Oscar Health full-time for less than a year

Pros

learning about health insurance, providing great service, great technology, great co workers, fun work environment

Cons

no cons as of yet

Oscar Health2018-06-08

"Amazing place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Oscar Health full-time for more than a year

Pros

Incredibly mission-driven and collaborative work environment. A great problem solving culture with lots of cross-team work, unexpected challenges, and exciting innovation.

Cons

Some strategy shifts based on the changing healthcare landscape

Oscar Health2018-06-01

Oscar Health Response

June 11, 2018HR Admin Coordinator

Thank you for your feedback! We’re excited to have you be part of the Oscar family :)

Continue reading

"Team and Family Centered"

Current Employee - Concierge in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Oscar Health full-time for less than a year

Pros

You have a great team to work with and grow with! I had an unfortunate unexpected family emergency the last week of my training and my team and supervisors worked closely with me to get the time off I needed and submitted. It was a great experience with them considering our family tragedy. Our supervisors and more experienced team members are amazing and very patient in helping the newbies. I love how Oscar makes it a comfortable work environment and help extensively in learning your new position.

Cons

There is not anything wrong here.

Oscar Health2018-04-30
  9. "Great Tech Startup"

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in New York, NY

I have been working at Oscar Health for more than a year

Pros

Great Work Environment and Employees

Cons

Very Large Teams in Each Department

Oscar Health2018-04-02

"Oscar is a great company!!!"

I have been working at Oscar Health full-time

Pros

The working environment at Oscar is very motivating and inspiring! All employees are friendly and the staff is amazing. More companies should model their work environment after Oscar in order to have a thriving business!!

Cons

There is room for improvement in the training classes.

Oscar Health2017-12-01