Oshkosh Corporation Reviews | Glassdoor

Oshkosh Corporation Reviews

Updated October 20, 2017

Current Employees

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The People first culture is starting to take roots which has endless possibilities as we move forward (in 37 reviews)

• Flexibility as it relates to work/life balance is strong (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance can be a challenge at times (in 11 reviews)

• Work environment is substandard (in 6 reviews)

1. "Great Company to Work For!"

Current Employee - Benefits Specialist in Oshkosh, WI
    Current Employee - Benefits Specialist in Oshkosh, WI

I have been working at Oshkosh Corporation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Oshkosh has a People First Culture, it is a fun organization that supports families and has many career growth opportunities for levels of professions.

Cons

Growing at a fast pace takes time to synchronize different cultures. But all our positive efforts and results of a great company.

2. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Senior HRIS Specialist in Oshkosh, WI
    Current Employee - Senior HRIS Specialist in Oshkosh, WI

I have been working at Oshkosh Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Friendly people, mobility, flexibility, great products, People First Culture

Cons

People love to work here, and that can be great, but can also be negative depending on the person.

Advice to Management

Continue to push for the People First Culture and One Oshkosh.

3. "Working for a company that ranks first in it's class."

Current Employee - IT Project Manager/Business Analyst in Appleton, WI
    Current Employee - IT Project Manager/Business Analyst in Appleton, WI

I have been working at Oshkosh Corporation full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Working at Pierce Mfg, a division of Oshkosh corporation has been a wonderful experience for me. The people are like family and there is great teamwork and support throughout the company.

Cons

With a large corporation there come some trade-offs. It can be challenging to work as one team. Although there are good intentions and we all try to do so, this doesn't always work as well is we would like.

Advice to Management

There is a large pool of talent at Oshkosh corporation. Employees have opportunities to move within the corporation which gives managers more to select from also.

Oct 2, 2017 – Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback! We recognize the challenge of working as one team within a large organization and appreciate team members such as yourself that keep striving to do... More

4. "Human Resources"

Current Employee - Human Resources
    Current Employee - Human Resources

I have been working at Oshkosh Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The passionate and fun culture of this Company can be felt throughout the entire organization. The sense of the "family feel" is what keeps me engaged and excited to come to work everyday!

Cons

We are on an exciting journey, if you enjoy the same old "everyday is the same", you might not be interested. I promise you, we will not disappoint.

5. "Come join this great company!"

Current Employee - Vice President in Oshkosh, WI
    Current Employee - Vice President in Oshkosh, WI

I have been working at Oshkosh Corporation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Oshkosh is making huge strides in becoming a People First culture. We have put in place numerous programs that show our commitment to our team members across the globe. Our purpose "We Make A Difference In Peoples Lives" is true. From our life saving products to our people focused approach, I couldn't think of better place to work.

Cons

We are on a journey that takes time and effort, but I am fully confident that we are doing all of the right things!

Advice to Management

Collaboration is key to our success. Keep doing the great work that shows that we are one company!

Oct 2, 2017 – Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback! We appreciate your input on collaboration efforts and will continue to make this a priority. If you have any further feedback to share please email... More

6. "Great Company!"

I have been working at Oshkosh Corporation full-time

Pros

There are lot of Pros to working at Oshkosh Corporation. The "People First" culture has been carried very well from the top all the way down. Other Pros include pay and benefits. Training opportunities are highly encouraged and there are opportunities to advance.

Cons

It is a large organization so although you are always communicated changes it sometimes takes longer to get to you, depending on your position.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! Continue implementing and improving the People First culture.

Oct 2, 2017 – Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback! We appreciate your input and agree that communication in a business this large is key and something we strive to do better in every day. If you have... More

7. "Moving in the right direction"

I have been working at Oshkosh Corporation full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There is a passion to continue to grow and develop. The People first culture is starting to take roots which has endless possibilities as we move forward.

Cons

While moving in the right direction, it can sometimes feel slow.

Advice to Management

Keep moving forward and set the example of the company we want to be.

8. "Excellent Work Environment and People"

Current Contractor - IT Service Desk Analyst in Oshkosh, WI
    Current Contractor - IT Service Desk Analyst in Oshkosh, WI

I have been working at Oshkosh Corporation as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Team focus, helpful and friendly co-workers, generous time off, excellent pay possibilities and incentives if hired

Cons

Not much new opportunity for contractors to go to full-time roles

Advice to Management

Review the personnel you have at your disposal for future opportunities, since you already have profiles in your company TAMS.

9. "Great company with a wonderful CEO"

Current Employee - Lead Analyst in Oshkosh, WI
    Current Employee - Lead Analyst in Oshkosh, WI

I have been working at Oshkosh Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

CEO is a great leader and understands how to motivate people
    People first culture where you feel valued
    Flexible work hours, family first mentality
    Great benefits

Cons

Some of the processes are outdated

Sep 28, 2017 – Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback! We appreciate your input and are happy to hear you’re having/you had a positive experience. If you have any further feedback to share please email... More

10. "Positive Trajectory"

I have been working at Oshkosh Corporation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

*People first is not a pretty sign on the wall. In fact, I've seen little propaganda for it. Everyone talks about it and lives it. People refer to what Wilson (the CEO) says and does. You can tell he is the driving force. This message is down through every level and I have the privilege to visit many different areas.
    *General culture seems good and professional. Everyone has been extremely welcoming
    *If you are looking at employment, drop the stigma of it being an unstable place to work because of military contracts. The company has diversified away from only military vehicles and has a healthy list of orders and contracts.
    *There are a lot of opportunities here for the right reasons. People grow and move forward in their career creating position opportunities
    *Feedback from others is they hire for the right fit both technical and leadership skills. It is very apparent.

Cons

There are a lot of programs and they are done well but it is a lot. It can be a bit overwhelming at times.

Advice to Management

*Continue the drive of people first. It is the right trajectory.
    *External candidates have a hard time navigating the landscape of titles. Since I've been here several have reached out to me to help them decode this area as well.
    *Each area - safety, ethics, environmental, training, continuous improvement, engineering, etc could take a look at how they can compliment each other on core ideas and training. Look to the leadership aspects or culture aspects not just the technical ones.