Oshkosh Corporation Reviews | Glassdoor

Oshkosh Corporation Reviews

Updated November 17, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • People first culture where you feel valued (in 38 reviews)

• Flexibility as it relates to work/life balance is strong (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance can be a challenge at times (in 11 reviews)

• Corporation is made up of multiple business segments which manifested based on acquisition (in 6 reviews)

1. "PR Tax Analyst"

Current Employee - PR Tax Analyst in Oshkosh, WI
    Current Employee - PR Tax Analyst in Oshkosh, WI

I have been working at Oshkosh Corporation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very ethical company, encourages employees to find the best in themselves, encourages process improvements, celebrates successes, moving towards a futuristic flexible work environment

Cons

Communication between businesses is sometimes challenging but improving with the movement to a flexible work environment

Advice to Management

Better communication of future vision and an open door policy. Personally, tap into the field of knowledge floating around the company.

2. "Oshkosh is AWESOME"

I have been working at Oshkosh Corporation full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Our People and Products are the best. I've worked here for over 10 years and our leadership and team continue to raise the bar on company performance while maintaining a people first culture. My past employers have ranged from as large as a Fortune 50 company to a small private company and Oshkosh is hands-down the best and getting better. The future is bright and getting brighter for Team Oshkosh!

Cons

If there is a downside Oshkosh operates in small, though vibrant, communities. If you're a New York City or LA kind of person OSK may not fit your needs (but you could always work remotely!).

Advice to Management

Our leadership doesn't need my advice. They fully recognize that Oshkosh is currently experiencing a most awesome time in our 100 year history and will have fun keeping our team motivated to achieve our high performance atmosphere and people first culture.

3. "Business Manager"

Current Employee - Business Manager in Oshkosh, WI
    Current Employee - Business Manager in Oshkosh, WI

I have been working at Oshkosh Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Strong and important mission. Excellent senior leadership and pride in the employees working for Oshkosh.

Cons

Some departments need to be more progressive with information technology opportunities.

Advice to Management

Follow the leadership and example of the CEO!

4. "Good company & getting better every day"

Current Employee - Manager in Oshkosh, WI
    Current Employee - Manager in Oshkosh, WI

I have been working at Oshkosh Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Oshkosh is a company of perseverance from the start of the company to present day. What that means is that when faced with failure, they find ways to succeed. Employees should be exited about this because good ideas get support and teams work hard to make things happen. Overall Oshkosh treats employees right. They are listening to feedback and enhancing the work experience with things like flex hours and music streaming. The benefits are good although a little more PTO would be better. I've only been at Oshkosh 2 years but I have seen things improve in that short time.

Cons

Some managers are less willing to allow employees to experience things like flex time just because it's their personal preference to have the team on site - not really a business need. Or maybe they don't trust people when they are not there. However, this is just a small percent from what I can tell.

Advice to Management

1. Encourage management to encourage employees to use flexible work arrangements if that increases their productivity and eases burdens with responsibilities outside of work.
    2. Implement casual day every day. It would make a huge difference in morale.

5. "People First Culture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Appleton, WI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Appleton, WI

I have been working at Oshkosh Corporation full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

There has been significant work put into making Oshkosh a more pleasurable place to work in the time I have been here, from flexible work schedules to improved communication. Work/life balance is hard to achieve, but Oshkosh is doing well to help employees with an acceptable balance.

Excellent training opportunities.

Cons

Nothing comes to mind.

Advice to Management

Continue the great work on people first.

6. "Oshkosh Corporation is truly the best"

Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Oshkosh, WI
    Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Oshkosh, WI

I have been working at Oshkosh Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Opportunity, pay, benefits, community involvement, ethics, I could go on and on.

Cons

Slow to update technology for office employees

7. "Oshkosh Corp"

Current Employee - Senior Program Manager in Oshkosh, WI
    Current Employee - Senior Program Manager in Oshkosh, WI

I have been working at Oshkosh Corporation full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Corporate Culture, Tuition Benefits, People First, Fair pay

Cons

Periods of high demand on your time based on contracts. Location

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to your team members to grow the People First culture

"Oshkosh = Success, Great Place to Work"

I have been working at Oshkosh Corporation full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Has become a leader in the community and the people first culture has become a great asset which allows a work life balance hard to find at other employers. The products that are built are a way of life and being part of it makes it even better. It is starting to feel like a family while at work which is a great benefit.

Cons

To much emphasis on secondary degrees while there are great employees that are not given the opportunity to advance due to not having a four year college education. Managers are promoted to soon and early out of college, they emphasis the four year degree but lack the leadership, communication and people skills that great managers should have.

Advice to Management

Be careful who is promoted as a manager and a secondary education is not the only thing that matters or tenure, there has to be a balance and there should be more emphasis on continuous training for all managers.

9. "One of the Best!"

Current Employee - Human Resources Business Partner in Oshkosh, WI
    Current Employee - Human Resources Business Partner in Oshkosh, WI

I have been working at Oshkosh Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The culture at Oshkosh Corporation has changed immensely the past few years. New leadership and People First initiatives are driving Oshkosh to becoming a destination workplace. I feel valued and part of a family with this company.

Cons

There are still some leaders who have yet to adopt the new culture which makes it difficult for their direct reports to enjoy the changes as well.

"Oshkosh Corp. is a great place to work."

Current Employee - Associate Engineer in Oshkosh, WI
    Current Employee - Associate Engineer in Oshkosh, WI

I have been working at Oshkosh Corporation full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I like Oshkosh Corp. because it is a great place to work. Good people, management with strong vision and an excellent culture. It has a people first mentality with high standards. We work hard and overcome obstacles along the way with impressive results. And, its fun to see our amazing trucks all over the world!

Cons

Really can't think of any, maybe my 35 minute commute?

Advice to Management

Keep it going Wilson!