Oshkosh Corporation Employee Reviews about "people first culture"

Updated Dec 28, 2020

4.2
Oshkosh Corporation President and Chief Executive Officer John Pfeifer
John Pfeifer
Pros
  • "People first culture is evident(in 111 reviews)

• "People first culture put people first(in 81 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Some SR leaders fail to recognize that as well as not living the CEO's vision of people first(in 25 reviews)

• "Work life balance struggles In job(in 16 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "people first culture"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0

Great company

Dec 28, 2020 - Senior IT Analyst in Oshkosh, WI
      Business Outlook

Pros

People first culture put people first.

Cons

Can't think of anything bad to say

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great Company. Great Vision. Great Purpose.

Oct 5, 2020 - Digital Technology in Oshkosh, WI
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Fantastic purpose. I feel proud everyday I walk into the office which is something a lot of companies I have worked for fail to do. This company saves lives and serves the community. -People first culture provides great work life balance and helps you succeed in your role. -Very high tech groundbreaking work. -Tons of opportunities for training and furthering your education. -Senior management is very open and honest. -Great work facilities. -Handling COVID19 extremely well. -I have always had fun at work since day one. -My manager has cared about my success since I was an intern and has provided constant support and work life balance while I was in school. They truly reflects the people first culture. -CEO Wilson Jones is fantastic. Spends time meeting with interns and people on the ground floor of the company constantly. Inspiring leader who truly cares about this company, the people here, and everyone's success. -Continuous improvement is constant. Every single day this company gets better.

Cons

-Since I have been here there have been a lot of management change ups and sudden reorganization going on. These changes were necessary however it left several of my coworkers in positions they may have not wanted to be in or were not passionate about. -Middle management has been distant. I could walk past the CEO and he would know my name but management two or three levels up may not know who I am or what I do. -Wish there was more opportunity for remote work as it helps me save money and have more time with my family.

1 person found this review helpful
    3. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

An exceptional company with exciting products, friendly people and a great culture!

Sep 18, 2020 - Digital Technology
      Business Outlook

Pros

An inclusive, people orientated culture with a real sense of family. Having relocated here from the east coast, my first year with Oshkosh (Global) has been an exciting mixture of technical challenges, new friends and experiences, and a friendly atmosphere. My management has given me the flexibility to propose and execute new and innovative ideas to help the company, which is particularly important to me. I like the People First approach, something that was lacking in some of my previous industry's experiences. And I've gotten to visit multiple factories and experience the company's very cool line of truck products first hand. :) I also appreciate the well balanced approach taken with regards to COVID, with a well thought out plan to effectively balance CDC recommendations with work requirements. I particularly like the socially distanced, alternating weeks of work from home/work in the office approach, as I need to interact with others on a personal basis from time to time to still feel part of the team. And while nobody likes wearing masks, everybody pitches in and does the right thing. Overall, coming to Oshkosh was a great career move for me!

Cons

The cold, windy weather in winter requires acclimation, as the building is on the shores of a lake making for a rather frozen walk in from the parking lot at times. The wide open floor plan also takes some getting used to, as I am used to a little more privacy when I work. Lastly, the lake fly season this past spring really took me by surprise, requiring a mask being worn to walk out to my car in the morning - which had nothing to do with COVID. Fortunately they don't bite and go away after a week or two.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Place to Work!

Dec 13, 2020 - Data Analyst in Oshkosh, WI
      Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent people, with strong people first culture

Cons

Not many cons, can be fast-pace depending on the time of year and segment

5. 5.0

People First Culture

Dec 4, 2020 - Director in Oshkosh, WI
      Business Outlook

Pros

People First focused and great products.

Cons

Lack of diversity, but company working hard to increase inclusion and diversity.

6. 4.0
      Former Employee

Great People First Culture

Nov 30, 2020 - Director, Continuous Improvement in Appleton, WI
      Business Outlook

Pros

The People First Culture is truly making a difference in creating an environment where people want to work and feel like they can make a difference!

Cons

Even with the Great People First Culture, you still have to be willing to navigate the dynamics and change associated with a large publicly traded company.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

I am grateful for Oshkosh because of the unique experiences and opportunities I am given!

Aug 6, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

- People first culture is evident - Growth and development opportunities - Meaningful work - Team members are amazing to work with - Leadership team cares deeply about the people that work for this company

Cons

Still working on trickling down people first culture throughout the organization.

8. 5.0
      Current Intern, less than 1 year

There are many reasons why I truly enjoy working for Oshkosh Corporation.

Aug 6, 2020 - Marketing Intern in Oshkosh, WI
      Business Outlook

Pros

Competitive pay, People First culture, meaningful projects, beautiful HQ, co-workers who want to help you succeed

Cons

Feel out of touch with leadership at times because there is 15,000+ employees, the city of Oshkosh Wi is not the most appealing for recent college graduates

9. 3.0
      Former Employee

A good company if the right management is in place

Oct 23, 2020 - Human Resources
      Business Outlook

Pros

CEO and COO are genuine in their efforts to create a people first culture

Cons

Some managers are in leadership roles and do not have the qualities to lead

1 person found this review helpful
    10. 5.0
      Current Intern, more than 1 year

If you're interested, be prepared to give 110% everyday

Aug 12, 2020 - Digital Technology Intern in Oshkosh, WI
      Business Outlook

Pros

Follow the people first culture they strive for

Cons

Working under the radar outside of work hours to avoid overtime but is a must to maintain success for certain projects

Viewing 1 - 10 of 111 Reviews