Ostendo Technologies Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.9
Dr. Hussein S. El-Ghoroury

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Ostendo is a journey..."

I worked at Ostendo Technologies full-time

Pros

Ostendo is a journey, no doubt, but a journey worth taking, and I know that as I have been there for a few years prior to departing ways.
    It's a secretive company, but for a good reason, as they did accomplish some remarkable feat of science and technology engineering, and are probably still innovating as I write this review.
    it is a demanding workplace, but there is much to enjoy from working there - my colleagues were of the work-hard-play-hard type, which was much fun, and the actual work is constant intellectual challenge, which I find to be highly invigorating and motivating.

Cons

As I mentioned, the culture is demanding and at times I felt that Ostendo isn't a place for the faint-hearted of us...

Advice to Management

Bring the innovation to market !

"Creating entertainment for the next generation"

Current Employee - Digital Conjuror in Beverly Hills, CA
    Current Employee - Digital Conjuror in Beverly Hills, CA

I have been working at Ostendo Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- CULTURE: The company culture in the LA office is open, thoughtful, and friendly. There are encouraging and engaging meetings and conversations that bring the best out of each department. We're working with technology that can change media as we know it and the excitement of that is palpable.
    - ENVIRONMENT/OFFICES: Plenty of space to think and breath, great modern building with ample indoor and outdoor meeting areas, complimentary beverages and food, games and film permeate the creative process. We even have a theater for teams to enjoy and use as a forum for growth and education.
    - GROWTH OPPORTUNITIES: The feedback culture refines people that enter into it with the right mindset. People help each other get better here. We learn from each other as individuals and professionals both personally and professionally.
    - BENEFITS: Great healthcare and pay benefits with incentive placed on making the company great so we all benefit from that.

Cons

So far there are few cons. This studio is going through its growing pains so onboarding can be a bit touch and go. Transparency seems to be a recurring comment here, and although I haven't personally seen the adverse effects of this, I can say that the more transparency the better. The coffee situation needs to improve and maybe after that, I can clearly think about more pertinent things to write here.

Advice to Management

Keep it up! Cultivate the open and creative environment that has sprouted and ensure it is nurtured to prosper.
    Keep our goals and objectives clear and maintain the communication flow from our hardware branch. The more often we get to iterate on the target hardware the better experiences we can create.

"Company with strong bonds and culture"

I have been working at Ostendo Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fun environment and great people to work with. Coming in to the office is a pleasure, we keep each other motivated and pushing towards the same goal. The management from my experience is open to and patient with suggestions and brain-storming.

We are creating the future with a committed and like-minded team of professionals. The technology (that is so carefully guarded), is extremely promising. And it's exciting to help bring to fruition.

Cons

Paperwork for the hiring process could be more streamlined.

Advice to Management

Foster the well-being and productivity of the team as much as possible.

"Having Fun Creating the Future"

I have been working at Ostendo Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Simply put, Ostendo is creating the future, and it's both inspiring and invigorating to be part of it. I've been at the company more than 6 months, and I see far more positive than negative. I have the benefit of working in a highly collaborative and startup-like group in the LA office. The day-to-day interactions and camaraderie are fantastic and fulfilling.

The company's core technology is profound, far reaching, and legit. The company is tackling some incredibly challenging technology hurdles, and it's not an easy road. But the team is making steady progress and the road is becoming clearer. Some early reviewers may not have seen the impact of some of the more recent breakthroughs.

More generally within the company, newer senior-level executives are leading by example within their own departments and beginning to push through broader improvements in transparency, collaboration, and employee engagement.

Cons

Despite the incredibly forward-thinking R&D efforts, some of the business mindset and processes are stuck in an earlier era. These are slowly improving with new members of the executive leadership team.

Advice to Management

Keep evolving as the technology matures and the company enters a new phase. While I see improvements, the executive leadership team needs to continue to evolve to ensure the company can maximize it's potential.

"Fantastic Place to Make an Impact on the AR & VR Industries !"

Current Employee - Director
    Current Employee - Director

I have been working at Ostendo Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've came to Ostendo with many questions, but the last few months have proven very interesting and fulfilling.
    Ostendo develops a breakthrough hardware tech that can empower consumer-friendly immersive gear - think of virtual and augmented reality headsets - and I feel that we have something very special in our hands. While almost everyone else came to this challenge from the software side, we are confronting the biggest challenge of miniaturizing the size of the headset, which place us in a position similar to the one Qualcomm had in the nascent days of the wireless evolution.

I enjoy working with high caliber people, and the team at Ostendo is certainly of such caliber - really smart and passionate, and the work we do here is highly engaging and creative. Very cutting edge.

The compensation seemed to have gone upward with the company position, and I feel that it is on par with the market.

In general, I would describe Ostendo as one of the most exciting tech startups in Southern California! Great place to enjoy the outdoors after working indoors.

Cons

I would love to see the office going through a make-over - looking kinda outdated and unwelcoming - and would love to see a revamped and better stocked kitchen.

Advice to Management

I hope management would expand their open door policy, and engage with the team more often and more meaningful way.

"Chile sucks"

Former Employee - Semiconductor Process Engineer in Carlsbad, CA
    Former Employee - Semiconductor Process Engineer in Carlsbad, CA

Pros

There able to get money funding CEO good talker he milks the money really good. Should go back to curve display instead

Cons

Management CEO HIRES hires entire family...still can't align there 3 colors. You wants other people to see there conversations on 3D imagining from cell phones no privacy really??

Advice to Management

Get rid of the chile

"Very high tech company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Ostendo Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Company core technology has great potential.

Cons

Do not know what the company long tern goals are.

Advice to Management

More transparency.

"Worst high management"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA

I worked at Ostendo Technologies (More than 3 years)

Pros

Some good talented engineers, good and interesting projects.

Cons

Worst high management, especially in R&D of products, bad communication, bad plan and coordination, no transparency

"good company for new"

I have been working at Ostendo Technologies full-time

Pros

1. Friendly working environment with good management. Good co-workers to work wtth.
    2. Good work and lift balance
    3. People here are willing to share things

Cons

1. Poor 401K plan
    2. Company benefit is not that good
    3. Management should spend more times to deal with conflict between the workers.

Advice to Management

Good leadership

"A good place to learn a lot."

Current Employee - Process Engineer in Carlsbad, CA
    Current Employee - Process Engineer in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at Ostendo Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Get to learn from various tools.

Cons

To many Engineers with own ideas, sometimes difficult to work as one team.

Advice to Management

Acknowledge everyone, good or bad.