Otsuka Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.5
Kabir Nath

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great benefits (very competitive 401k) and great people (in 10 reviews)

• Very talented and professional team work environment (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • This leads to mental stress and no work life balance (in 7 reviews)

• Upper management decisions and opinions are not always transparent (in 8 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Full of growth and opportunity"

Current Employee - Senior Promotional Program Specialist in Princeton, NJ
    Current Employee - Senior Promotional Program Specialist in Princeton, NJ

I have been working at Otsuka full-time (More than a year)

Pros

At Otsuka, there is a large emphasis on promoting and supporting a work/life balance. We are encouraged to take time off when needed with a generous amount of time off per year. There are many opportunities for growth and cross-functional collaboration. All are encouraged to professionally develop through amazing tuition reimbursement program and attending conferences related to your role. If there is a desire to do something different, learn about something new and rise in the organization you will get the support to do it here.

Cons

There are many opportunities to collaborate cross departmentally, but you have to ensure you stay focused on your core responsibilities.

Advice to Management

Keep up the emphasis on culture and promoting from within!

2. "Ready Now Program"

Current Employee - Account Manager
    Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at Otsuka full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Ready Now is a great program that allows young professionals with little to no pharma experience the opportunity to work for a great company. Great products

Cons

No complaints at all. You do travel a lot, but management is upfront about this through out the hiring process, so no one should have a complaint about traveling.

"Readynow Program"

I have been working at Otsuka full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The readynow program is a unique and industry leading program that provides unparalleled training for new industry sales professional to develop them into high performing reps quickly. The company puts a significant investment into this program including but not limited to public speaking coaching, managed markets training, as well as disease state training.

Some other reviews on here have had a negative outlook management and I would like to be utterly clear. The management of this team is fantastic. They absolutely do not force an undesirable permanent position on you. Management works with you to find a position that both the employee and the company are happy with.

Cons

You could travel a lot in the program, however, the company is abundantly clear about this expectation up front.

Advice to Management

Continue to challenge convential thinking in our pursuit of better health outcomes worldwide.

"ReadyNow Account Manager"

Current Employee - ReadyNow Account Manager

I have been working at Otsuka (Less than a year)

Pros

Opportunity of a lifetime, get into an industry that is very competitive to get into otherwise, sell a great product, great opportunities all over the country. This program is what you make of it, if you work hard and perform well, you can get the job you want. If you do not work hard and take the advice of people around you, it will be difficult to land the position you want.

Cons

Hard work, ambiguity, some managers are very difficult to work for.

Advice to Management

try to be understanding that ReadyNow reps are new to the industry and help, rather that scrutinize them, when they make mistakes.

"Nueroscience Account Manager - Sales Development Program (READYNOW)"

Current Employee - Neuroscience Account Manager
    Current Employee - Neuroscience Account Manager

I have been working at Otsuka full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The READYNOW program gives professionals who may not have a healthcare background the opportunity to break into the industry and start a new career in a specialty field. I am grateful for this program and the opportunities and experience that I have had.

Otsuka embraces change and is always open to new ideas, this program brings a fresh prospective to the field. READYNOW provides employees with extensive training which has helped me grow both personally and professionally. The support does not stop with the program either. I also receive positive feedback, constructive criticism and mentorship from my tenured peers and district manager.

The company is invested in this success of this program. I have received positive feedback, guidance and mentorship from my peers, tenured account managers, district managers, HR department and regional director. I truly feel lucky to work for such a great company with a wonderful support system that is helping me succeed.

There is a clear path for growth and opportunities to work cross functionally throughout the company. Otsuka is patient focused, I love going to work everyday knowing that our products make a world of difference to improve others lives.

Cons

100% travel (if you aren't a fan of traveling)
    ambiguity (if you don't like dealing with change and fear the unknown)

These are both pro's of the program as well.

Advice to Management

The ReadyNow program is continuously evolving, I think that upper management is doing a great job of implementing feedback provided.

6. "Otsuka highly recommended as an employer"

Current Employee - Director in Princeton, NJ
    Current Employee - Director in Princeton, NJ

I have been working at Otsuka full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Otsuka is a great place to work. You are given the opportunity to earn additional responsibilities and contribute in very real ways regardless of your title or position in the company. If you are interested in learning a different area of business, it is embraced and encouraged. The culture makes the company a magnet for talent, welcomes creativity and unconventional thinking and is absolutely unique in every way. It is a place without the normal limitations of staying in your defined lane/role. You have the ability to influence, create constructive change, partner and team with extremely talented colleagues, and have fun in an open and collaborative work environment. I absolutely love working at Otsuka.

Cons

Otsuka has opportunities to improve processes and the structure of work. These are being addressed.

7. "Ready Now Account Manager"

Pros

Great opportunity to get into pharmaceutical sales, with great benefits, and 401k. Opportunity to work across the country and network while gaining experience

Cons

Some locations may not be the most ideal. You have to be very patient while waiting for a position to open in the ideal area.

Advice to Management

Transparency where the opportunities are the greatest to get a full time position.

8. "ReadyNow Program"

Current Employee - ReadyNow Account Manager in Boise, ID
    Current Employee - ReadyNow Account Manager in Boise, ID

I have been working at Otsuka full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

ReadyNow is essentially a traveling sales position. The role is focused on sales development and making impact in the territory you are put in. I've been doing it for about 9 months and truly enjoy it.

Most of the time you work in 3 month rotations (can vary widely) and then you're off to the next territory. As long as you work diligently and use your matrix partners you really can't go wrong.

If you're into travel this is a great way to see different parts of the country and get paid while you're doing it. Pharma is not an easy industry to break into so take advantage of this program if you have a chance.

Cons

lots of travel (can be a good thing or bad thing)

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

9. "Ready Now"

I have been working at Otsuka full-time

Pros

Excellent program and learning opportunity. Through my experience I have been coached and encouraged. I would recommend this program to anyone driven and excited about the industry.

Cons

Nothing to report , the experience in the program has been positive

"No leadership"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

I have been working at Otsuka full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Decent pay and good benefits. Great 401k match. Good job security if you keep your head down and don’t make waves.

Cons

A total lack of leadership and inability to get anything done. There is an almost total lack of focus on performance.