Otter Products Reviews

Updated Jul 5, 2020

3.6
Otter Products CEO Jim Parke (no image)
Jim Parke
Pros
  • "Great benefits, profit sharing, LifePlan, Years of Service programs(in 25 reviews)

• "Great people, great company, I love it(in 24 reviews)

Cons
  • "This is the toughest time to stick with it as many of the benefits are locked behind a wall until you become a full otter(in 28 reviews)

• "The company promotes a work life balance(in 15 reviews)

"Awesome"

Current Employee - Other

I have been working at Otter Products full-time

Pros

Great people, great company, I love it.

Cons

It can be busy at times, but that's no different than any other company.

2. "Lots of opportunities to learn"

Current Employee - Anonymous in Fort Collins, CO

I have been working at Otter Products full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

There are a lo of wonderful things about working at Otter: culture, benefits, job opportunities, fun environment, managers that truly care, bonuses, remote working, flexible schedules, volunteer hours and the soda machine is true. I joined Otter as a temp over 5 years ago and the comments of fierce competition is true. It initially seemed hard to understand the role but with practice and time I was able to master the agent role then move onto a support role. The biggest pro to working at OtterProducts is the opportunity to grow and learn new skills. They welcome and encourage folks to fail forward and expand their skills through either school or learning from others. If it wasn't for my leaders and OtterProducts, I would not have known my interest in my current role and likely would not have received this opportunity at another business. I'm very grateful for the opportunity to work at OtterProducs.

Cons

Work/life balance is a challenge, especially when deadlines are approaching. Some direction is not clear and though you feel you understand the intent you are consistently being asked to adjust work. I suppose that comes with any job. Parking is a struggle however working remotely is handy to avoid this. Change comes quick and we're constantly adapting to the needs of consumers, peers or global issues. Though to me this is not a con to working at OterProducts, I'm grateful our leadership is able to make changes quickly however many dislike the fast paced changes and may fight against it. Unfortunately this causes some folks to have poor attitudes which then reflects in their work performance. Accountability of how others are impacting peers seems to be difficult. Some employees seem to get away with working outside of the expectations and do not execute the feedback to change. Pay seems to be below market although this is not a con for me as I would have never received my current opportunity at another business, it does seem to impact others who we work with. What you gain is experience, culture and new opportunities. Becoming an Otter employee from a temp can take time as it's dependent on performance and attitude. It can take some 4 months and others up to 6 months. Not a con in my eyes as they want to make sure they hire the right fit for the job however most temps become complacent and their performance begins to decline. I've edited my review to add content behind many statements left here. We were asked to come on here and share our honest experience with working at OtterProducts 3 years ago. We were not asked to score high or any dishonest ask; we were simply asked to leave a review of our experience as they wanted candidates to read current employee's experience.

"Love it"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative

I worked at Otter Products full-time

Pros

Fun work place to be at

Cons

There is no cones to give

"Great Company"

Current Employee - Testing Technician in Fort Collins, CO

I have been working at Otter Products full-time for more than a year

Pros

Employee focused. Lots of opportunities to grow.

Cons

High expectations. Few times a year where things get really hectic.

5. COVID-19

"Don't be an at home agent"

Current Employee - Customer Service Agent in Fort Collins, CO

I have been working at Otter Products full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great benefits, good culture. Friendly, fun.

Cons

At home agents get a litle taken advantage of. We hold things together when the call center agents can't. Too much snow to come in..at home agents cover it. While call center agents still get paid. COVID-19, call center agents stay home, at home agents work. Get paid the same. Furloughed, at home agents get called back to handle overload. Call center agents get unemployment plus $600 from cares act. Home agents get regular pay. Less opportunities to network and move up. Less quirks.

Continue reading

"Racial discrimination against Black Employees"

1.0
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Fort Collins, CO

I worked at Otter Products full-time for more than a year

Pros

Nothing that I can think of

Cons

The company openly discriminates against Black people. During my time there I have seen many white coworkers promoted to positions while Black people, like myself, were being denied opportunities for advancement. This is the most raciste company and the most hostile workplace I have ever seen. It was so difficult for me to relate while I was there because there were not many of us and all supervisors, AMs and managers are white folks. If you are an educated Black man/women look elsewhere unless you want to stay in customer service with no advancement opportunity.

Continue reading

"Great Heart, Poor Follow-Through"

2.0
    Former Employee - N/A in Fort Collins, CO

I worked at Otter Products full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The people (incredible), opportunities to learn are only bound by what you can think of, ability to give back to the community.

Cons

You have to be a part of the inner circle to go anywhere, lots of hypocrisy and siloing between departments.

"Amazing Company"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Longmont, CO

I worked at Otter Products part-time for less than a year

Pros

Really took care of their employee’s!

Cons

Really no cons, only reason I didn’t stay on is they downsized their call centers to one location and I couldn’t make it work with my schedule.

"Great Culture"

I have been working at Otter Products full-time

Pros

Great company, the executives truly care about their employees. Flexible work schedule. Work/life balance

Cons

Not much room for advancement in my department

"Great culture"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Fort Collins, CO

I have been working at Otter Products full-time for less than a year

Pros

Amazing company culture, the higher ups really care about those below them and and work hard to make everyone feel like a team. Even the call center is fun for a lot of people, with nerf wars and most of the employees determined to keep doing better.

Cons

You have to work at the call center for 4-6 months minimum before you can have any other position in the company. If you like customer service that's not bad, but if you don't is going to be a long and emotionally draining few months, after which you're not even guaranteed considerment for other positions.

Found 286 reviews