Otter Products Reviews | Glassdoor

4.3
Jim Parke

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Work/life balance can be a challenge (in 12 reviews)

• If you don't like fast paced and high-energy (in 7 reviews)

"Fantastic place to work!"

Current Employee - Field Marketing Representative
    Current Employee - Field Marketing Representative

I have been working at Otter Products full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people who work at Otter Products are the best. I've worked here for almost 5 years and everyone is extremely supportive, fun to be around and they're a pleasure to grow with (personally and professionally).
    The Otter Products HQ in Fort Collins is fantastic place to work as well. It's very close to downtown with excellent facilities and a great working environment. I happen to work remotely now, but the company is great about bringing people back to Fort Collins so that you feel like a part of the family.
    I simply love working here!

Cons

This industry can be tough to deal with at times, so be ready for a very dynamic job.

"CSR"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative

I worked at Otter Products part-time

Pros

Great work environment, flexible hours,

Cons

Could pay better, bonus goals are difficult to reach

Advice to Management

Set more realistic metric goals

"Customer service"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Collins, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Collins, CO

I have been working at Otter Products full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great, affordable benefits. Open, relaxed culture. Helpful supervisors. Opportunity is there if you actually work for and don't expect to be promoted just because you're cute or been there a long time. Executive team did ask for reviews, but only asked us to be honest. There is NO sleeping around to get better pay or promotions, maybe some people just need to work harder. I have never had a manager tell me that I could not use the restroom during phone time. Bonuses are great depending on revenue each month. Business us trying very hard to stay relevant.

Cons

Hourly pay needs to be increased. Some equipment needs to be update, urgently!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. I understand the change in leadership has been a huge asset to everyone. Look at people in customer service more for advances in other areas, some of us are great at sells, marketing and distrbution. Give us more of a chance in other departments.

"Engineer"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Otter Products full-time

Pros

They're transparent on all levels. I'm so glad they're so open to all employees thoughts and opinions. They are so many opportunities to offer ideas on existing products and future ones so it feels like you're really contributing versus just being heard and notes taken.
    I like how see changes in the market and proactively make business decisions (i.e. step into new consumer goods markets) to ensure a long profitable future.

Cons

I'm not feeling the new building layout. We lost desk space and storage space.

Advice to Management

Love the transparency and upfront honesty on all news about the business

The Flying Otter is getting old. The last couple quarters felt as if it losing its value. Maybe it should be a once a year thing instead of every quarter.

"Sales"

Current Employee - Sales in Fort Collins, CO
    Current Employee - Sales in Fort Collins, CO

I have been working at Otter Products full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

great culture, nice facilities, transparency from the executive team, opportunities to move up within the company

Cons

salaries are not in-line with industry standard, management is often unqualified for their positions

Advice to Management

continue to be transparent with the company vision
    great culture is not an excuse

"Otter Products"

I worked at Otter Products full-time

Pros

Beautiful facility
    Pride in culture
    Decent work/life balance

Cons

Mostly window dressing
    Limited opportunities
    Obnoxious amounts of red tape

Advice to Management

Employees need to be #1 and treated accordingly

"OtterBox - A great place to work"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Ladera Ranch, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Ladera Ranch, CA

I have been working at Otter Products full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

OtterBox is a very pro-employee organization with a great company culture. The benefits are solid and they offer competitive salaries. There are several career paths to choose from and new opportunities opening up every day with the business expansion that is taking place. It is a face paced environment with a work hard play hard mentality.

Cons

There has been a lot of organizational changes in past 12 - 18 months.

"A Company of the People"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Fort Collins, CO
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Fort Collins, CO

I have been working at Otter Products full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Community, I have worked for several companies over the years. Nowhere have a felt more a part of a family, treated as integral part of the company, not just a number. The benefits are outstanding, something you are finding fewer and fewer of in a lot of companies today. How many companies can you think of that pay their employees to volunteer in the community around you as well. I'm sure there are some, however not near enough. The ability to work remotely is a huge plus and the way of the future for a lot of companies. Otterbox is definitely on the bandwagon with this. Possibilities for growth throughout the company.

Cons

There really are very few cons for this company, though as a Colorado company, it would be nice if they would look at cost of living increases, after all, it's not cheap to live in Colorado anymore. Restricted cap lvls depending on the position you have. There are so much information in what we do, old product and new, I wish there was a way they could more readily organize how we receive it, i.e. keep our reference libraries up to date.

Advice to Management

Keep on keeping it fun! That's part of what is so great about this company!

"Glassdoor Rating Initiative???"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Collins, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Collins, CO

I worked at Otter Products full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The facilities were very nice after the construction. During, it was awful.
    Good experience, but take it and run.

Cons

This is a burnout shop, plain and simple. They pay people WAY less than they are worth because they can get a new fresh crop of CSU grads in that are too naive to know better.

Was promised one thing, and shown another.

Clearly they had an initiative during their dime-store Tony Robbins quarterly "motivational" meetings for current employees that are still drinking the Kool-Aid to come in and rate artificially high on here. Just look at the overall rating trend. There's NO WAY it magically got that much better all the sudden. There's a reason the majority of past employees rate them so low. After a certain number of months or year, you start to realize that it's all smoke and mirrors, and you're being taken advantage of.

Advice to Management

Pay your employees what they are worth, and make them want to stay with actions, not empty rhetoric and propaganda. Otherwise you will always train the best and keep the rest over and over again. Atmosphere will only get you so far. Save some money from the ridiculous decorative garbage (was told by the installing electrician that the new "fancy" light fixtures were 10k a peice!!!) and use it to get/keep skilled seasoned employees instead of green CSU students/grads and contractors. Basically, use common sense and put your money where your mouth is.

10. "Customer Service"

I have been working at Otter Products full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The benefits are amazing. The values of this company are also amazing. It feels great knowing that you work for a company that actually cares about the community and tries to make it better. They also care about their employees and try to make the environment a good and healthy one to be in. This is the first job I've ever had that I get excited to go to.

Cons

It can feel a bit like high school in the customer service/call center department but I think that's because there's so many young college kids that work here. Overall the company doesn't seem to feel that way though. You just need to move out of the entry level position.