Cover image for Our Lady of the Lake (Louisiana)
Logo

Our Lady of the Lake (Louisiana)

Is this your company?

Our Lady of the Lake (Louisiana)

Add a Review

71% Recommend to a Friend
76% Approve of CEO

Found 299 of over 331 reviews

3.8
Our Lady of the Lake (Louisiana) CEO and Director K. Scott Wester (no image)
K. Scott Wester

The latest conversations about Healthcare

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Our Lady of the Lake (Louisiana) and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0

OLOL Radiology

Sep 14, 2022 - Radiologic Technologist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Awesome work environment, easy to work with managers, tons of great experience.

Cons

Super busy Hospital and ER

2. 4.0

great work enviroment

Nov 23, 2022 - Respiratory Therapist
    Business Outlook

Pros

friendly work environment; great hours

Cons

located in BR so busy traffic on way to work

3. Join the Our Lady of the Lake (Louisiana) team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Hard work but rewarding

Oct 27, 2022 - Certified Nursing Assistant CNA
    Business Outlook

Pros

My favorite part of working at OLOl is meeting and interacting with patients and their family members. It feels great to be a light to someone when they are sick and not feeling well. Great pay and employee perks.

Cons

Sometimes the unit can be full and busy. Not ideal when there is only one cna as the workload can be heavy. Burnout is very real and off days are used to catch up on rest and not doing things you want to do due to exhaustion.

5. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

over worked and underpaid

Oct 24, 2022 - Clinical Service Representative in Baton Rouge, LA
    Business Outlook

Pros

coworkers are team players,great nurse manager.

Cons

be prepared to do other people work

6. 4.0

OLOL

Sep 29, 2022 - Registered Nurse in Baton Rouge, LA
    Business Outlook

Pros

great company to work for

Cons

one of the lowest paying jobs

7. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Potential to learn a LOT if fresh out of school- otherwise, AVOID.

Sep 15, 2022 - Pharmacy Technician CPhT in Baton Rouge, LA
    Business Outlook

Pros

1. Excellent benefits 2. Great work environment (in terms of facilities) 3. Excellent shift options as it relates to timing (i.e: 6 or 7 a.m-2:30 or 3:30 p.m, for example)

Cons

1. Lowest paying hospital in the state. 2. Additionally, the max annual raise percentage you can recieve is a whopping 3.5% of your already poor base rate until you reach the max pay for the position. (i.e- if you're at 15/hr, recieve a 3.5 on your annual eval, your rate will increase to 15.53/hr. Note: your score is drawn from several criteria that all have a numerical value btw 0-4 and are based on your entire annual performance. 3.5's weren't given too often, and to get a perfect 4%, you'd have to be approved by literally every single person throughout the entire chain of command; starting with the tech sup, through every person on each level of management within your specific department, and THEN, each and every level of operations management for the entire hospital/organization as a whole. 3. Very "political" in the sense of determining what's "fair" or "just" as it pertains to individuals, as opposed to having a specific set of standards that apply to the entire group, by which those standards alone would determine fairness- not the manager's mood that day or bc someone simply doesn't like you. 4. In addition to trivial day-to-day encounters that fall under the "political" aspect, you can also expect to find this type of treatment on a larger, more serious, scale. For example, once you've worked there as a FT employee for at least 90 days (or maybe a little longer?), per OLOL policy, there should be a min of 3 documented write ups (all bearing your dated signature) in your employee file in the event of termination for misconduct/violating procedures/or habitual general workplace offenses (tardiness/missed shifts, incomplete tasks/assignments, unapproved OT, etc.) OR documentation for a single incident of severe, unacceptable, misconduct or violation with verifiable supporting proof of the incident. HOWEVER, depending on who you know (or don't know) within the organization can determine your outcome as an employee and what rights you either do or do not have if you're fired. So, essentially, you can be one of the best employees within your unit for 10 years but get fired simply bc one of your immediate supervisors doesn't like you. To top if off, if you attempt to draw unemployment afterwards then they will refuse to pay it for some bs reason, and you'll have to have a court hearing initiated by state unemployment services via conference call with one of their reps, an OLOL HR rep, and a judge that'll order OLOL to pay you your rightful unemployment benefits!

Continue reading
  8. 3.0
    Former Employee

Review

Sep 11, 2022 - Registered Nurse
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good values. Large hospital. Great MD’s.

Cons

Low pay. On call a lot.

9. 5.0
    Former Employee

My work experience

Aug 25, 2022 - Receptionist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing learning opportunity . Great place to up your experience with working under pressure.

Cons

Employee gossip. A lot of he said, she said.

Continue reading
  10. 3.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Meh

Sep 3, 2022 - Nurse Technician in Baton Rouge, LA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Level I trauma Center with lots of experience

Cons

Salary was not great, but manageable. Administration were horrible and not supportive of employee function and growth.

11. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Working for the Lake

Sep 1, 2022 - Patient Access Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

401k, great benefits, always room for overtime

Cons

Work life balance and pay rate

Viewing 1 - 10 of 299 Reviews
</>Embed

Our Lady of the Lake (Louisiana) Reviews FAQs

Our Lady of the Lake (Louisiana) has an overall rating of 3.8 out of 5, based on over 331 reviews left anonymously by employees. 71% of employees would recommend working at Our Lady of the Lake (Louisiana) to a friend and 55% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Our Lady of the Lake (Louisiana) employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.5 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Our Lady of the Lake (Louisiana). This rating has decreased by -9% over the last 12 months.

71% of Our Lady of the Lake (Louisiana) employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Our Lady of the Lake (Louisiana) 3.6 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.7 for culture and values and 4.1 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Our Lady of the Lake (Louisiana) to be career development, benefits, coworkers and the cons to be culture, management, compensation.