Found 5,041 of over 7K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Good money if you know how to upsell and preform basic serving duties while keeping the customer happy and informed." (in 410 reviews)
- "The people were great and it was fun mostly" (in 243 reviews)
- "great coworkers....it said i need to add more words but they aren't pros." (in 186 reviews)
- "Pay is good but not that great" (in 142 reviews)
- "The staff was great to work with seeing as though everyone was around the same age." (in 127 reviews)
- "Management is poor and abusive" (in 429 reviews)
- "long hours on those 4 days 12 plus hours a day but worth the extra day off" (in 215 reviews)
- "A bad group in your restaurant or bad manager and the whole team will suffer." (in 170 reviews)
- "No benefits and also part" (in 55 reviews)
- "Poor Management, lack of teamwork, favoritism." (in 49 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Outback Steakhouse and is not affected by filters.
- 2.0Nov 15, 2023Server/BartenderCurrent Employee, more than 10 yearsPoway, CA
It’s easy to start here if you have no prior restaurant experience. It’s also easy to move up within the company. The tips are decent for how expensive things have become this year (2023).
I have worked for this company for 15 years and it’s only been going downhill since ownership has changed hands. They’re solely focused on what will make them the most money and it shows in the quality of food to the basic execution. The speed at which they go through managers is disconcerting and is a direct reflection of the current owners. They treat management poorly and their regional managers only care about themselves. 2/3 of my management team have little to no professionalism and display huge behaviors of favoritism.
- 3.0Nov 18, 2023Assistant Kitchen ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 10 yearsMetairie, LA
Easy to move up within the restaurant. All politics once you want to go further.
Long hours if you actually care Probably going to end up doing someone else’s job A lot of favoritism New hires have to wait a full year before they get one week of PTO No overtime
- 5.0Dec 4, 2023Key ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 8 yearsBaton Rouge, LA
Worked at outback for 10 years. Great money, easy job.
As the cost of living goes up the company has expected more work for less pay.
- 2.0Nov 14, 2023Server/WaiterFormer EmployeeGreensboro, NC
Tips on the weekends have the potential to be good.
The 2nd manager in command is quite sadly, still stuck in a high school mindset. He has serious communication issues with half the employees, will straight up ignore you if you ask for help or tell you to ask another manager, and just generally lacks any passion for his job. In a way it's frustrating, but also just sad to see someone attain a position and then have no motivation whatsoever in their life. The kitchen frequently makes mistakes, but will at least communicate with you.
- 2.0Dec 4, 2023Host/ToGoFormer Employee, more than 1 yearRogers, AR
Discounts and can snag some free bread daily tips
Management Lack of flow and too much overhead when the big boss comes
- 3.0Dec 2, 2023Server/WaiterCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearPensacola, FL
It's a job and desperate times call for desperate measures.
No benefits(401 esp), no gratuity on large parties- screwed on regular basis, front and back service pain in rear
- 1.0Nov 5, 2023Server/BartenderCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearRomulus, MI
Hours are great for a restaurant worker Decent health benefits
Management needs a lot of help- you are on your own for everything. Communication is absolutely terrible. The company tries to save on labor by making you take on multiple roles and only get paid minimum wage. Negative environment caused by lack of management No appreciation for the great employees who are keeping the business running
Outback Steakhouse Reviews FAQs
Outback Steakhouse has an overall rating of 3.7 out of 5, based on over 6,599 reviews left anonymously by employees. 65% of employees would recommend working at Outback Steakhouse to a friend and 54% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.
65% of Outback Steakhouse employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Outback Steakhouse 3.3 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.6 for culture and values and 3.5 for career opportunities.