Outline Systems Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Pathetic Environment"

Former Employee - Team Lead in Somerset, NJ
    Former Employee - Team Lead in Somerset, NJ

I worked at Outline Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Technical work only if you are working on Database Technology.

Cons

Average hours is 12-14hr a day, and management ensures you have some work for weekend. 15% to 25% deduction for Medical Insurance, company only contributes to 50%. Management can go to any extent to save $500 from you, they can commit anything when they want things to be done by you but once it is done, they will start telling you rules and regulations. Only thing matters to management is money nothing else.
    My experience was really pathetic.

Advice to Management

I know management can never learn but even then start respecting your employees, you are there because your employees are working. Don't treat them like slaves.

2. "If you are capable,management will not think twice to bring you up by providing more opportunities."

Current Employee - Tech Lead in Chandigarh (India)
    Current Employee - Tech Lead in Chandigarh (India)

I have been working at Outline Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I got the opportunity to work with OSI team and it’s been a very pleasant flight. OSI is growing at a fast pace and loads of opportunity exists here. If you are capable,management will not think twice to bring you up by providing more opportunities.

In addition to enhancing my delivery capabilities, I got the opportunity to work on pre-sales and be part of the solution team who is responsible for creating solution, sizing the project and coming out with proposals to the client. Got opportunity to lead multiple projects. Every step in the process I received mentoring on architecture, delivery and project management from the management team.

Pros:

1.   Performance Appraisal system is quite transparent.

2.   I usually see Client first approach in Projects and Services companies, but I always felt like we have Employee First, where employee’s health, security and concerns are taken in priorities.

3.   Get to work on latest technologies and infrastructure.

4.   Work Hard Party Hard culture.

Cons

One thing which I felt after joining the OSI that

1.   Employee Provident Fund should be compulsory for experienced joiners.

3. "Amazing experience to be a part of OUTLINE SYSTEMS"

Current Employee - DevOps/Release Engineer in Chandigarh (India)
    Current Employee - DevOps/Release Engineer in Chandigarh (India)

I have been working at Outline Systems (More than a year)

Pros

1. Great work culture.
    2. supportive team.
    3. flexible timings.
    4. Management team is superb, understands the employee situation.

Cons

To be frank, Aren't any

Advice to Management

Keep up the same spirit.

4. "Ownership Missing entirely; worst kind of Top Down communication"

Current Employee - Human Resources and Administration in Chandigarh (India)
    Current Employee - Human Resources and Administration in Chandigarh (India)

I have been working at Outline Systems full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

You get paid in time; they have Gratuity now but No policy disclosed so far; One time food is free; cab is free

Cons

Extreme level of Nepotism can be seen on almost every level of operations be it Team leads; supervisors; and other managers.
    No procedure structure; you must ask so you can get it with loads of excuses; Open door policy doesn't exist; they say that it does but it seems that the definition is wrong somewhere. No feedback management; No feedback is required from Employee if they find their leads treating them fairly; No feedback is required from Employees if washrooms are not clean; faucets are broken unless a top management level person faces that issue so a corrective action can be taken. Employee Opinion is as good as nothing. Every shortlisting process is partial; award and reorganization has no method of comparing the matrices and hence favoritism plays a big role. The top down communication is not based on the understanding of the issue but common sense. If common sense leads to success then the credit goes to the person else it becomes a disaster and all blame goes to one person. Zero Career Growth; you get dedicated to a process and that is what you do throughout your life in the organization. You cannot share your view anonymously to any senior person of the organization. They will specifically tell your name and will discuss everything on how you are wrong and how it is a small company and how everyone is correct and you are wrong. No training and tactic methods are available. you are always provided with the work you are worst at and hence you are not utilized of the skill that you have but on a skill that you do not have. No personal life; people will bring issues they heard in washroom so a meeting can be taken to avoid conflicts with the whole team rather than telling one person not to make issues on Restroom discussions and close things up.

Advice to Management

Start taking Employee feedback towards the Team Leads; Managers; Process managers so you can check the performance of the leads who are running a process and to know the improvement required by them. Second, stop blaming your miscommunication; its not commonsense its the expectation projected. Please work on Process training methods. Please prepare an Organization structure to discuss critical issues. I still remember me being called for a meeting to discuss Code of Conduct which included only two most partial people one My teal lead and another my subordinate who has no experience of handling any such issues. It was like 12 years of experience in CoC against 2 years of experience and the decision was biased because no one was at the same level; I would have preferred a person who has same level experience in same structure when we can discuss something. Set a Standard every third year logos a changed; addresses are changed and what not.

5. "Team lead"

Former Employee - Team Lead in Chandigarh (India)
    Former Employee - Team Lead in Chandigarh (India)

Pros

good leave policy,Work for home,timing is flexible

Cons

No growth
    They work on old technology
    They ask you to shift the technology
    if you re java guy they can shift you .net or database
    you should be available on 7*24
    Very less increment
    Nothing good .Please don't join

Advice to Management

Please learn project managment

6. "Great Team mates to work with"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Chandigarh (India)
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Chandigarh (India)

I worked at Outline Systems full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

It is a great place to work in. The work environment is good. The leaders are good. It depends what kind of project you are in. Some projects have dead lines, so before joining please ask which project you will be put in so that you can get more information. There are no strict office hours, all depends on work. Timing does not matter here. Leave policy is good. People are nice. environment is good. You get a decent hike if your performance is good.

Cons

No cons. Just that you sometimes have to stay late nights.

7. "Great Work Culture"

I have been working at Outline Systems full-time

Pros

Outline has a healthy working environment, provides competitive salaries, also has team of great IT professionals and support system which contributes in the having a great work culture.

Cons

More Managers are required to manage the activities of the employees efficiently and effectively.

Advice to Management

Proper Hierarchy needs to be defined

8. "Offshore Develoment"

I have been working at Outline Systems full-time

Pros

Friendly atmosphere. Happy working environment, Stability and very low attrition. Provides good balance between flexibility and responsibility. Good products in insurance domain. Understanding and helpful management.

Cons

be prepared to work out of the comfort zone. the performance bar get higher and higher each time. sometimes need to stretch to meet deadlines.

Advice to Management

Management should consider adding more people and improve requirements gathering processes. provide dedicated in-house training to current employees and new joinees for their career growth.

9. "Imbalance in Work-life"

Former Employee - Database Administrator in Chandigarh (India)
    Former Employee - Database Administrator in Chandigarh (India)

I worked at Outline Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good Product and good salary

Cons

Work life imbalance, unstructured Release process, late hours

Advice to Management

Need to have Day and night shift

"Completely Satisfied"

Current Employee - Senior Process Analyst in Chandigarh (India)
    Current Employee - Senior Process Analyst in Chandigarh (India)

I have been working at Outline Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Growth, best work environment, supportive management

Cons

Long Working Hours rest all is fine