Outreach Calling Reviews | Glassdoor

2.3
CEO

1. "fundraiser"

Former Employee - Telemarketer in Fairfield, NJ

I worked at Outreach Calling (More than 8 years)

Pros

its a very professional work environment.U work with alot of friendly co-workers.Maintain relationships with prospects,gathering key information to assist in the sales process.

Cons

There are no guaranteed hours in working for outreach calling.if u don't hit a certain quote u get sent home.

"Don't do it"

Former Employee - Telemarketer in Fairfield, NJ

Pros

Flexible hours. You can work whatever hours you want to work. If you want to work 20 hours one week and more or less the next you can

Cons

First, in my case they told me it would be $8.38/ an hour training pay, then $9 an hour after two weeks. Wasn't true. In fact, even to reach $8.50 an hour to have to collect $65 an hour, work at least 16 hours a week for four weeks which even for the best collectors is hard to reach. One manager works well with you to reach your goal or at least make enough to keep you from being sent home. The other, has favorites and sticks to one campaign whether you're doing ok or not. Seemed lazy as well. Very condescending. You also find out that its not non-profit so if someone wants to donate less than $10 (at least while I was there) we can't accept it. Also, be prepared to get cursed at by callers often. I ended up walking out without even a job.

Advice to Management

Wish I could give management advise that they'd take. Numerous employees have complained about the one manager and nothing gets done. Shame, I really enjoyed the flexible schedule.

3. "I'm a very great performer"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Pros

Connecting with people who has battled or who is going through cancer treatment

Cons

When there are no donations you're asked to leave

Advice to Management

Consider me

"Awful"

Former Employee - Caller in Westfield, NJ
    Former Employee - Caller in Westfield, NJ

I worked at Outreach Calling part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They hire anyone and you can make more than minimum wage, and it is a desk job with no physical work requirements.

Cons

Must work 20 or 40 hours a week, you will feel like your stealing from old people at some point during your employment