Outreach Reviews | Glassdoor

Scott Evans

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great Company"

I have been working at Outreach full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent Onboarding Process
    Fantastic Mission
    Genuine Focus on People

Cons

There are not any cons

"I Love My Career!"

Current Employee - Outreach Specialist in Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - Outreach Specialist in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at Outreach full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Wow. Where to start. I love that the people I work with exhibit the same core values, I love that the CEO and I can sit down for lunch on Fridays and talk about my ideas, I love that the CEO remembers all of our names. I love my job and the duties and responsibilities with it. Adventure Equipment Check Out, Excellent Benefits, and great staff.

Cons

I haven't encountered any cons! Sometimes it gets a little hot in here temperature wise. Haha!

"Love what I do"

I have been working at Outreach full-time

Pros

Outreach really means to make good on having a world class team. The people that I work with are very talented and have a strong desire to learn.

The culture has been more relaxed compared to other companies I've been at.

The employees really want to make a difference

Cons

None that I've encountered yet

4. "My New Career Home"

Current Employee - Inventory Control Clerk in Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - Inventory Control Clerk in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at Outreach full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Full time work with great benefits, and great people.

Cons

Driving distance between work and home is a little further than I would like.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing.

"Wonderful Place to Have a Career"

Current Employee - Full Stack Developer
    Current Employee - Full Stack Developer

I have been working at Outreach full-time

Pros

- Faith-based
     - Competitive pay and benefits (including HSA contribution)
     - Good balance of fun and getting work done
     - Great work-life balance even as salaried
     - Professional and provides modern equipment
     - Continuous learning and support from managers
     - Friendliness of staff

Cons

The 401k isn't as good as my last job. Not much else.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in your employees.

"Director of Ministry Development"

Current Employee - Director of Ministry Development in Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - Director of Ministry Development in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at Outreach full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fantastic Faith based business. The on-boarding process and training was done with excellence. Every person was extremely. My entire training experience was easy and fun. Who gets to start their training by playing a game of corn hole with the owner of the company? It set the tone for the entire week of training. Every department was great to work with from H.R. to I.T. to my direct managers. Could not ask for a better start with a better company. So excited to be a part of this team.

Cons

I think I ate out to much and gained a few pounds.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and I look forward to a great future.

"Great Faith Based Company to Work For"

Current Employee - National Media Consultant in Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - National Media Consultant in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at Outreach full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Faith Based Culture with amazing people surrounding you. It was a culture shock never working for a faith based company or faith based industry before but I couldn't be happier with the professionalism and kindness of the industry as a whole. It is a low stress sales position and I feel like I can relax and be more myself when selling compared to someone always pressuring me everyday in old sales roles. I enjoy the consultative approach that we take and the relationship building sales we do. We truly care about our customers and truly want to give them the best experience and the best platform/campaign to promote their products. Management has been great so far and is very transparent about the vision for the company and overall goals and communicate these in an organized professional manner. Very good Team Environment (at least on my team) and we like to have fun while we work.

Cons

The base for a sales rep is a little lower than previous positions which make it tough while building up a pipeline, but the potential is there to make great money. Sometimes a little quiet for a sales floor, but we are working on that!

Advice to Management

Continue your supportive nature and continue your transparent communication. Maybe spend a little more time with the new hires to make sure they are doing okay and not overwhelmed. Create maybe a team lead or go to person if the manager is unavailable because we know management has a lot on their plate.

8. "Great Culture and Encouraging Leadership"

I have been working at Outreach full-time

Pros

This company has a great vision for Christian work and Marketing at the same time.
    Very enjoyable workflow and passionate motives behind ideas and tasks.

Cons

Haven't had any bad times since I've started working here.

"Good place to work"

Current Employee - Full Stack Developer in Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - Full Stack Developer in Colorado Springs, CO

Pros

Work life balance is respected and encouraged, even when you're in a position that working remotely is easy and is the norm in the field. I find my deadline to be realistic and well planned out for the most part. My voice is heard in discussions and my opinions are considered. Management is involved in the daily routine which is nice for quick and easy feedback. Colorado Springs isn't the worst place to commute, but the office location being right of I-25 makes for easy access which is a bonus.

Cons

The benefits package needs some work. 401k matching is well below the average. Heath/Dental/Vision plans offered are competitive though.

Advice to Management

Keep focusing on your employees and investing in them like you are currently doing.

"Great Culture + Making a Difference = Outreach"

I have been working at Outreach full-time

Pros

Having had the opportunity to work in leadership roles in a variety of great organizations over the years, I must say that Outreach has far exceeded my expectations. The heart of Outreach is clear, from the CEO throughout the rest of the organization... this is a place where you can contribute and truly make a difference. Outreach believes in relationships, both internally and externally, and this is modeled well by the executive team, directors and managers. The work environment is incredibly positive and you truly sense that those who work at Outreach care, both for you and for the people they serve.

The corporate culture is perhaps my favorite aspect of working at Outreach. The culture is driven by respect, compassion, teamwork, innovation, opportunity for personal growth, opportunity for advancement, a commitment to giving back and fun. Every day I feel as if I have had the opportunity to help make the world a better place. You definitely cannot say that about every organization.

We celebrate together as a company, but we do not just celebrate company achievements... We celebrate personal accomplishments of those who work here, whether it is a new marriage, a new baby, a marriage anniversary, a cool trip to a new country, something special about a worker's child, etc. Who you are as a person matters here at Outreach. We have free food Fridays in the summer months where everyone gets together from the various divisions and we enjoy lunch together. We have outdoor equipment, like mountain bikes and kayaks, that we can check out and use in the beautiful Colorado outdoors. We are encouraged to grow, stretch ourselves, learn new skills and learn more about ourselves. Outreach believes in promoting from within and offering new professional opportunities.

A perfect example of Outreach's culture and desire to really care for their employees came this past year as they were making adjustments to employee benefits. HR learned that, by making some changes, they would be able to help the company save a considerable amount of money on medical insurance benefits, while at the same time improving the benefits to employees. Most companies would be happy that they could improve the employees benefits and would then pocket the savings as an organization. Employees would be happy with the better benefits, a win/win for employee and employer alike. But here at Outreach, the CEO and executive team made a decision that most organizations would not. They made the medical insurance change and improved employee benefits, but rather than pocketing the savings, Outreach invested those funds into improving the employee benefits even more! This is a quality that you rarely see in organizations of any size... but that is just how the leadership at Outreach thinks and acts.

Outreach truly is a great place to be!

Cons

Hmmm... the parking lot will need to be resurfaced soon. Is that a 'con'?

Advice to Management

Keep up the fantastic work!

Outreach Response

Feb 10, 2017 – Owner

Wow, thank you so much for all the words of encouragement, Annonymous! It's a testimony to all the great people who work at Outreach, and it is truly humbling. It's work, but it's rewarding and it's... More