Ovative/group Reviews | Glassdoor

Ovative/group Reviews

Updated Nov 27, 2019

4.3
Ovative/group CEO Dale Nitschke (no image)
Dale Nitschke
  1. "Hard and Rewarding Work"

I have been working at Ovative/group

Pros

CEO who cares about his employees Company culture Great leadership Smart Co-Workers Data driven decision making All voices heard regardless of title/role

Cons

Long hours and Work life balance

Ovative/group2016-09-13
  2. "Top Growing Place to Work!"

I have been working at Ovative/group

Pros

-Team is very collaborative, even as the organization is quickly growing -The office is extremely fun to work in - people actually play ping pong, shuffle board, and enjoy the beer on tap during the day! -Ovative/group is truly an expert in the digital space and cares about developing more experts in their employees -Leadership is connected to employees and open ears to feedback -Currently building a top notch... development program for all new hires and existing employees -Employee-centered benefits!

Cons

-Promotion cycles are vague along with unclear role titles -Company is still building processes and procedures -Employees often work more than 40 hours/week

Advice to Management

-Continue to incentivize top performers! -Allow more job flexibility when needed, offer up flex schedules and WFH more broadly -Promote people more quickly when they are achieving at the next level and deserve it!

Ovative/group2016-09-13
  3. "Great company, strong work ethic, high-achieving staff"

Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Ovative/group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Fantastic work environment, great opportunity to be at the forefront of digital marketing technology

Cons

Expect to work at least 45 hours/week. This is a bare minimum depending on job function. We're building a business and it takes time.

Advice to Management

Keep aggressively training and promoting

Ovative/group2016-09-14
  4. "Fun and challenging place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Ovative/group full-time for more than a year

Pros

O/g has a high bar for talent, meaning you get to work with some really talented people Fun working environment Compensation and benefits

Cons

O/g doesn't hire account managers so SMEs own performance and the relationship, which makes for a workload that can be bogged down by client communication and administrative tasks Path to promotion isn't very clear

5. "Crushing it"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Ovative/group full-time for more than a year

Pros

A group who strives to raise the bar in everything they do, starts by doing that with the people they hire. This is a company that if you are lucky enough to work at will both benefit from your knowledge and expand your knowledge at the same time. A company where your hard work is not only expected but is appreciated and in return they work to help you realize your career goals. Expect support in starting your... position. Expect challenges to push you further. And expect to stay busy. A growing company which provides many opportunities for career growth within the organization.

Cons

A growing company so a career path within the organization may not be clear. You need to be willing to advocate for yourself and your goals which can be hard for some people. Dynamic nature of the growth and high expectations for new hires can result in excess work for existing staff for longer than ideal periods.

Advice to Management

Keep on pulling in new work and keep on focusing on bring new staff on board. Work hard to maintain the current culture where possible as Ovative/group grows.

6. "Great Company!"

I have been working at Ovative/group for more than a year

Pros

Great company to work at, especially for those looking to work and learn a lot. Work can be challenging, but very rewarding. Environment is awesome, positive working space, fun group of people to be around.

Cons

Growth of clients often outpaces resource hiring, which can lead to somewhat unreasonable peak workload times.

Advice to Management

Keep pushing the envelope and trying new things, that is what will keep Ovative a great place to work!

Ovative/group2016-09-13
  7. "Learn, grow, and have an impact"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Ovative/group full-time

Pros

Outstanding people and talent level. I learn a lot from everyone at Ovative and the CEO really cares about the team and development. Amazing place to learn, grow, and have an impact.

Cons

Standards are very high and we work hard.

Ovative/group2016-09-13
  8. "Analyst, Marking Services"

I have been working at Ovative/group full-time

Pros

After working for a few companies, both large and small, it's nice to finally work in a trusting, genuine work environment that feels like a second home. I now have the opportunity to work on meaningful work with tangible impact. Management continues to have development at the forefront of their minds to help employees grow through thoughtful exercises, coaching, and group activities. The people are honestly what... make this company great. It's hard to find a group of people so intelligent, personable, and witty. It is extremely easy to make friends and feel included. This is first company I don't foresee myself leaving. Also, did I mention ping pong, darts, shuffleboard, and rotating beer on tap? Pretty awesome!

Cons

Like any growing company, there is a lot of work to accomplish so there may be days where you have to work later (~6-6:30), but those days are pretty few and far between.

Advice to Management

Continue to develop industry leaders.

Ovative/group2016-09-13
  9. "a special place with great people"

I have been working at Ovative/group full-time

Pros

I've worked for 4 companies in the last 10 years and much of that time was in client service roles where I spent significant time on-site at client companies. All told, I've probably been exposed to 20+ companies in depth across a variety of industries and company sizes -- and I can safely say that Ovative is a uniquely wonderful place. The work we do sits at the intersection of marketing, data, digital... technology, and consulting. The leadership is rabidly devoted to building a culture of growth, fun, and mutual support. The team is outstanding, with diverse backgrounds and a common thread of being interesting and motivated. And the environment is energizing, from the dynamic North Loop location to the open plan office with ping pong, shuffleboard, free snacks, and a kegerator.

Cons

We are growing rapidly and this creates challenges of its own. Ovative is a place for people who are comfortable with change and ambiguity -- team members who want to help shape a place whose best years are still ahead.

Advice to Management

The challenge now will be to maintain what makes Ovative unique and special as we scale from a team of dozens to passing a hundred and beyond.

10. "Impressive"

I have been working at Ovative/group

Pros

High bar for their work with very talented people onboard

Cons

Be prepared to grow and develop.

Found 34 reviews