Oven Bits Reviews

Updated Sep 7, 2018

3.6
Oven Bits CEO Micah Davis (no image)
Micah Davis
  1. "Everything was great"

I worked at Oven Bits

Pros

There was a great culture and the work was exciting and there was a sense of passion for creating.

Cons

I had no issues when working at OvenBits

"Small Agency Making Big Mistakes"

2.0
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I worked at Oven Bits full-time for more than a year

Pros

During my time there, there was wonderful senior leadership. The GM was top notch and so were all of the directors. The lady who managed the office and HR was absolutely wonderful.

Cons

CEO has ran the company almost into the ground. Once 80+ strong, now just a few people. Poor product decisions, poor client decisions, poor hiring and firing decisions, poor billing decisions. One co-founder left, another is barely there. Laying people off was beyond disrespectful to the greater team. Culture was great when I started and then went down fast every 3 months. Feels very much like a "you'll fit in or you'll get let go".... which played out for just about everyone. Everyone was worried about their jobs for over a year because of all said poor decisions. All core values are goals, never implemented nor reached.

"OK Place to Work"

Former Employee - Developer in Dallas, TX

I worked at Oven Bits full-time for more than a year

Pros

Friendly co-workers Good opportunity to learn and grow in your craft Great office space Generous benefits and compensation

Cons

Oven Bits grew a lot in 2015, and I feel like the culture never recovered. There seems to be a large emphasis on growing, having bigger-name clients, and making a name for themselves, with little thought to the side effects for the culture of the company. Management is has had problems being candid with employees and blind-sided several by firing for performance without any warning Most people are kept busy and are juggling more than one project. Hard to stay afloat and give each project the attention it deserves

Continue reading

"Expect to be considerably undervalued and underappreciated"

1.0
    Former Employee - Software Developer

I worked at Oven Bits full-time for less than a year

Pros

Pay and benefits are very competitive. There are also some pretty interesting projects to work on.

Cons

- Actions do not align with core values - Developers are treated as the bottom rung - Terrible communication - No clear leadership roles or any chance of promotion

5. "Great Management / Great Coworkers"

Account Lead in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Oven Bits

Pros

They really put a lot of effort into making it a warm, welcoming and comforting environment to work in. Upper management (and they wouldn't even like to be called that) is full of humbleness and excitement.

Cons

It's a growing company...full of hard working, independent workers

6. "Industry Standard"

Current Employee - Developer in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Oven Bits full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great people, great culture, great projects, great food

Cons

I seriously cannot think of one negative thing right now

"Innovative Company"

I have been working at Oven Bits

Pros

I love the freedom to be creative. The Oven Bits leadership team allows the team to really push the bounds of creativity in every role. They encourage it.

Cons

It's a growing company and there are some growing pains as the company continues to expand. I've found the management team to be very flexible and considerate in the process.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 7 reviews