Overland Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.1
Mike Ferguson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Word is getting out there are no Pros (in 4 reviews)

• Working remotely, pay, IC reps are good to manage and good people (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • And middle management is a spineless bunch trying to please a clueless upper management staff (in 5 reviews)

• Most assignments are a flat rate and based on one hour which, in the vast amount of time, covers only the location inspection and interview (in 3 reviews)

"It is really hard to believe many of these reviews"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at Overland Solutions full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

An awesome company that truly cares about their employees

Cons

Working from home requires a different kind of person. Self starters please apply....

Advice to Management

I find it hard to take many of these review serious. I mean some compare their work experience to some type of torture chamber. Really? A wise man once told me "Do not believe anything you hear and only half of what you see".

"I think HR write the good reviews"

Former Employee - Auditor in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Auditor in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Overland Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

NONE AT ALL, There is nothing good

Cons

Pay is horrible, pressure from supervisors, yelling on phone calls to you, telling you they will cancel your vacation plans if you don't meet their expectations. Who wants to work like that? The time you put in you don't make enough with the stress they hand down to you. ,

"Senior Premium Auditor"

Former Employee - Senior Premium Auditor
    Former Employee - Senior Premium Auditor

I worked at Overland Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This company should shut their doors. Word is getting out there are no Pros.

Cons

I am amazed that a few good reviews come through on here. I am sure this is upper management who is doing this. I have been a Senior auditor for over 25 years, Field, Phone, Reviewer, Senior, trainer. I have years and years of annual reviews that are above excellent yet when I went to work for this company the expectations of how many audits to complete weekly is impossible to do. There is no way any carrier out there would want these kind of audits from an auditor. I had audits returned over and over that 99% of the time was not a valid RFC. When I asked management about these returns that reviewers were wrong on I was told that there was no way for them to go in and change the RFC. So no matter what it counted against you. After working there over two years I started talking and getting to know some of the reviewers. Found out several were great friends I used to work with in the past. They told me they were told daily they needed to return so many audits or they would be let go. Guess what they let several of them go because they were told they did not have enough RFC's. Auditing is a very small community and we as auditors, reviewers know what we are doing and believe me when I say word gets around. The pay is a complete insult to experienced auditors and you should just go to Mcdonald's and get a job you would be much better off.

Advice to Management

Word gets out about bad fee companies and carriers. Believe me after 25 years in this business we all still talk and let each other know what is really going on. There will continue to be very poor reviews of this company and any other one out there that thinks they can treat auditors, reviews this way. We are highly educated and very specialized in our field. Either treat your employees the way they should be and pay them accordingly or close your doors.

"Premium Auditor II"

Current Employee - Premium Auditor II in Portland, ME
    Current Employee - Premium Auditor II in Portland, ME

I have been working at Overland Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Can work anytime of the day.

Cons

Work never shuts off and pay is too low for just 40 hours.

5. "It's True - - Horrible Company to Work for"

Current Employee - Senior Auditor in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Auditor in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Overland Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Set your own schedule within limits
    Work at different places every day

Cons

Horrible pay
    Mileage reimbursement lower than legal standard
    Very poor training program
    Production requirements too high
    Bottom-of-the-barrel benefits

Advice to Management

Nobody should ever make the mistake of working for this company! Change the business model. The current model depends on paying auditors children's wages. You suck the life out of your auditors until they get too far in debt or too burnt out and they can never get ahead and leave. Employees can never expect to afford a home or get ahead whatsoever working for this company. Auditors deal with All the adversity, bad attitudes from customers, poor records, scheduling difficulties, traffic, etc. while the company collects most of the money. In other words, the company's success depends on you keeping more than you deserve. Management's common reply is auditors choose how much they make with the amount of work they do. That's true-- auditors choose how much they make-- on a scale of insultingly, horribly, ridiculously low to just plain inadequate and less than you deserve. Get your act betogether before employees go on strike. A better business model would be to pay employees what they are worth which will lead to talented auditors staying with the company in greater numbers which will drive up the volume of audits completed which will drive up the revenue and lower the number of auditors that leave before they can produce efficiently. This will also boost your reputation as it is well known that OSI keeps anyone who will stay, including poor auditors.

"Indian owned (EXL Service) ... need I say more?"

Current Employee - Premium Auditor in Walnut Creek, CA
    Current Employee - Premium Auditor in Walnut Creek, CA

Pros

Some flexibility in scheduling your own appointments but that is being sent off shore to guess who ... India?

Cons

Ridiculous pay structure ... Auditor's work 50 -60 hours a week just to meet production. Overtime is a big ... NO!

Advice to Management

Benefits are dismal ... one week vacation and no sick leave. No work life balance. Regional Managers ride the backs of their auditors to make their bonus.

"Hell on earth"

Former Employee - Senior Auditor in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Senior Auditor in Boston, MA

I worked at Overland Solutions full-time

Pros

You must be kidding... You must be joking... Nothing, and I mean nothing...

Cons

Corrupt management, they tell reviewers to give RFC as much as they can, just not to give auditors raises. Most who work for them run away. They don't care, they treat you like garbage.

Advice to Management

They are hopeless..

"Phone Auditor"

Former Employee - Auditor in Overland Park, KS
    Former Employee - Auditor in Overland Park, KS

I worked at Overland Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Interesting work, working at home, headset, laptop and dual screens provided, paperless. Management was polite and took us to very nice upscale restaurants during a week of orientation at the corporate office for what I suppose was a team building exercise. Although the food was good, being forced to spend an hour long lunch in a restaurant I would never go to back home with a group of virtual strangers from all over the country was incredibly awkward. I think this was also done to make us feel more "corporate" but in the back of my mind I kept thinking "you guys are paying us $11/hr. I'll never even have the money to eat at a place like this once I'm home."

Cons

The pay was ridiculous. $11/hr. I had done similar work as a contractor and was paid $35/hr. The expectations were unrealistic. Everything you turn in will be rejected by QA. EVERYTHING. MULTIPLE TIMES. POSSIBLY FOR WEEKS ON END. Which means ultimately there's no realistic way to get the bonuses production. They wanted 60+audits turned in, it was a struggle to more than 20. The last thing I want to say is a company from India purchased Overland Solutions and I believe it's a matter of time before the phone auditor positions are outsourced over there anyway. Overall it would have been OK had the pay been better and the production expectation been realistic.

Advice to Management

None. Management doesn't care about how to improve things for the auditors. They care about making money for the company and feel the pressure from their bosses for increased production. They're just people doing their jobs. I seriously doubt employee satisfaction or lack thereof makes them lose sleep at night.

"premium auditor"

Former Employee - Premium Auditor in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Premium Auditor in Houston, TX

I worked at Overland Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Home based office, make own schedule

Cons

poor pay for hours worked

10. "Great place to work"

I have been working at Overland Solutions full-time

Pros

Great people, ASPEN is an "OK" system

Cons

Workload is overbearing from time to time