KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Overstock.com

Is this your company?

Overstock.com

Add a Review

Overstock.com Employee Reviews about "great people"

Updated Aug 30, 2019

Found 43 of over 985 reviews

3.7
Overstock.com Interim CEO Jonathan Johnson
Jonathan Johnson
Pros
  • "great work life balance, they care about their employee's well being(in 85 reviews)

• "Such great people and I made so many lifelong friends there(in 43 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Upper management seems to be out of touch with reality at times(in 71 reviews)

• "Some senior management is afraid to call any shots because they don't want to be held accountable for the outcome or fired(in 26 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Overstock.com and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "great people"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Good experience !

Aug 30, 2019 - Software Development Engineer-II in Midvale, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Great people to work with. - Great place to learn & grow. - Good pay as per the location.

Cons

- Regular firing makes people nervous (one of the reasons to leave company else would not have ever).

Be the first to find this review helpful
    2. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 10 years

I LOVED my job.

Aug 13, 2019 - Graphic Designer in Midvale, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

I worked there for 15 years and unfortunately was among the 300+ laid off at the beginning of the year. Did it hurt? Very much so. But I still have only positive things to say about Overstock. I know many have been critical of executives. But as with all companies this big, you are bound to have a few leaders you don't care for. However, as for all managers I worked under, I can only report on what they were — exceptional. My managers encouraged me to push myself and were always willing to give me new opportunities. Even at times I fell short, they were willing to help me get back on my feet and improve myself. I know many people will think that sounds crazy that I didn’t have a bad experience with management my entire 15 years, but it is true. I had more interactions with the CEO in my early years, but even up to my last day I always found him to be insightful, smart, and caring. The coliseum is the best. Fantastic cafeteria, weekly massage therapist, gym, daycare, and even onsite medical care. I was always pleased with benefits and while I had my Associates Degree when I first started, Overstock paid my tuition for the rest of my schooling to get my Bachelors. They also have fun social events and concerts. The biggest praise I can give were my fellow coworkers. Such great people and I made so many lifelong friends there. And I LOVED my last team so so much. I miss seeing and socializing with them daily. I will never have another team like it. The company came on some hard times recently but what business doesn’t? While it brought my 15 years to an end, I can only say I wish it had been 30.

Cons

Parking lot is a good 8-10 minute walk (but can anyone really complain that Patrick wants to keep you healthy?).

6 people found this review helpful
    3. 4.0

Customer Care

Apr 7, 2019 - Customer Care
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people 401K match Tuition Reimbursement Lagoon Day Yearly Concerts Opportunity for advancement Mentorship program Transparency

Cons

Wages have become less competitive.

4. 1.0
      Former Employee

Difficult place to work

Mar 13, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

So much to learn, but mostly as cautionary tales -- watching people and deciding that the opposite of their behavior is the better course of action. It's a weird place to work. Individually, my colleagues are genuinely great people, but the culture is toxic and it encourages the worst behavior collectively.

Cons

The cryptocurrency business completely cannibalizes the retail business. Management is in place largely because of personal connections to the CEO, not due to skillset or ability.

25 people found this review helpful
    5. 4.0
      Former Employee

Admin

Mar 14, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people to work with.

Cons

Great Company, no cons to speak of.

1 person found this review helpful
    6. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Quality Assurance Liaison

Mar 6, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great environment with great people. Lots of nice perks. The pay is decent for the type of work. Chances for advancement if you have the right skills or know the right person. Things seem to be running smoother than they have in years since some management changes were made. Executives keep it real and mingle with the commoners occasionally.

Cons

The wrong people get promotions and special projects quite often even when they are not really qualified, they're just loud and state their opinions a lot. Being a somewhat quiet person, I have been stuck in a rut for a while. If you start out in CS, good luck getting promoted to corporate after obtaining a degree. They don't want to give you a fair chance.

1 person found this review helpful
    7. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Email Marketing Specialist

Feb 27, 2017 - Email Marketing Specialist in Salt Lake City, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people! You will learn so much here. Plenty of room for growth, and you can move amongst different departments to learn all aspects of marketing.

Cons

Upper management all has different ideas of what they want. Constant changes. Long hours during the holidays.

8. 5.0

My dream job

Jan 12, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Opportunities for advancement and career growth, open door policy, access to leaders, fast pace exciting environment, work environment, events, amenities, benefits, great people to work with and for.

Cons

Turnover, some politics, sometimes not all the right people get credit for the work

Be the first to find this review helpful
    9. 3.0
      Current Employee

Stormy Simon Reign of terror is Over.

Jul 26, 2016 - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

I was weeks away from quitting and then finally Stormy Simon the president left the company. Right off the bat things are getting better, I see morale going up and people starting to smile again. Sad about all the great people that left because of her, but happy for new people coming in because they will experience a whole new company.

Cons

As I said thing are and will get better and so happy I stood my ground and didn't let Stormy run me off. Looking forward to next year and being in our new building.

27 people found this review helpful
    10. 4.0

Customer Service

Aug 7, 2016 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people to work with.

Cons

Upper management not always considerate of how employees feel.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 43 Reviews