Owens Corning Reviews

3.8
Owens Corning CEO Brian Chambers
Brian Chambers

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Good pay and can make alit of ot money(in 73 reviews)
  • "Benefits were good and they paid us to stick around while we trained contact employees to take our jobs.(in 62 reviews)
  • "Great people in the organization from top to bottom and many of its employees have been with the company 10+ years(in 50 reviews)
  • "Great culture and global exposure.(in 26 reviews)
  • "They do respect a good work life balance and let you work from home for the most part(in 21 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Owens Corning and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years
    Featured Review

Great company with growth potential

Apr 20, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

* Good salary * Growth opportunities * Corporate job board for relocation options * Diversity

Cons

* Be prepared to wear multiple "hats" at the smaller facilities

Owens Corning Response

Thank you for taking time to write a review. I am so glad your experience has been mostly positive. We value and appreciate our employees feedback.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Nice 401k

Apr 29, 2022 - Machine Operator in Blythewood, SC
    Business Outlook

Pros

They have a great 401k program and stock options. They work is fairly easy once you understand the process Great coworkers on the floor with you 30 minute paid lunch

Cons

No cost of living raise Can't leave for lunch must pack one daily Can't sit in your Vehicle on breaks Poor Leadership - But see improvement happening slowly

Owens Corning Response

Thank you for writing a review. We are very sorry to hear this about your experience at Owens Corning. We value all our current and former employee’s feedback so we would be happy to learn more about what specifically it was that was not positive during your time here and how we can improve. Please feel free to contact TalentCenterCareers@owenscorning.com to discuss further.

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Review

May 20, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Safety always remained a priority. Growth and developement process was great.

Cons

A little behind on automation

4. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great Place to work

May 18, 2022 - IT Project Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Respect, support, community, flexible , opportunity to learn and grow

Cons

work life balance, long hours, too many non productive meetings

Owens Corning Response

Thank you for writing a review. We take your feedback seriously as we are always looking for ways to improve. A positive employee experience is a main priority at Owens Corning, and I am sorry you did not feel your experience was consistent with our culture overall. Please feel free to reach out to TalentCenterCareers@owenscorning.comto provide more details.

5. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Hard work but livable salary

May 7, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good money if you take overtime, reasonable pay for area

Cons

Unhealthy schedule and work. Swing shift 12hrs: 3 days 3 off, 3 nights 3 off (6 week cycle with 3 holidays off)

6. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

NA

May 20, 2022 - Associate Engineer in Columbus, OH
    Business Outlook

Pros

Typically a lot of Good people

Cons

Company has a hard time keeping early career due to pay and opportunities

7. 4.0
    Former Employee

Good Company

May 3, 2022 - Digital Marketing Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Great people to work with -Decent benefits and 401k match -Great work-life balance

Cons

-Not much growth in marketing -Power struggles with leadership -Organization structure changes often

Owens Corning Response

Thank you for taking time to write a review about our company and your experience. We strive to have a positive work experience for all employees. We will investigate this situation as we want everyone to have a positive time at Owens Corning. Please feel free to contact TalentCenterCareers@owenscorning.com to provide more details.

8. 4.0
    Current Employee

Good career, could be better

May 2, 2022 - Manufacturing Technician
    Business Outlook

Pros

Easy to understand work, shift differentials, easy to move around, friendly environment for the most part.

Cons

Leadership is more stick than carrot, a lot of employees stuck in the old ways or just toxic individuals, long stretches of 6 day work weeks, not enough pto or sick time, you also don't accumulate pto for working those extra days

Owens Corning Response

Thank you for writing a review. We take your feedback seriously as we are always looking for ways to improve. A positive employee experience is a main priority at Owens Corning, and I am sorry you did not feel your experience previously and now were not consistent with our culture overall. Please feel free to reach out to TalentCenterCareers@owenscorning.com to provide more details.

9. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Company review

May 2, 2022 - Payroll Administrator
    Business Outlook

Pros

great benefits competitive pay friendly environment provision of all needed equipment to work promote well being

Cons

bad manager voluminous workload union grievances union have more benefits than hourly non union

Owens Corning Response

Thank you for writing a review. We are very sorry to hear this about your experience at Owens Corning. We value all our current and former employee's feedback so we would be happy to learn more about what specifically it was that was not positive during your time here and how we can improve. Please feel free to contact TalentCenterCareers@owenscorning.com to discuss further.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great place to work!

Apr 24, 2022 - Production Supervisor in Fairburn, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The process for making insulation is amazing. The people are very welcoming and of course the great pay is a bonus. Lots of opportunity to become involved in giving back to your community. Healthy living.

Cons

Twelve hour rotating shifts, however some enjoy the variety it provides.

1 person found this review helpful

Owens Corning Response

Thank you for writing a review. I am so glad your experience has been mostly positive. The feedback you provided is valuable because we are always looking for ways to improve. I&D and our employees well being is important to OC and we will continue to identify opportunities to strengthen these areas.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 717 Reviews

Owens Corning Reviews FAQs

Owens Corning has an overall rating of 3.8 out of 5, based on over 858 reviews left anonymously by employees. 74% of employees would recommend working at Owens Corning to a friend and 73% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -4% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Owens Corning employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.9 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Owens Corning. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.

74% of Owens Corning employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Owens Corning 3.6 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.7 for culture and values and 3.7 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Owens Corning to be culture, benefits, career development and the cons to be senior leadership, management.

Popular Careers with Owens Corning Job Seekers