Cover image for Owens Corning

What people are saying about Owens Corning

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Good pay and can make alit of ot money(in 89 reviews)
  • "Benefits were good and they paid us to stick around while we trained contact employees to take our jobs.(in 60 reviews)
  • "Great people in the organization from top to bottom and many of its employees have been with the company 10+ years(in 52 reviews)
  • "Great culture and global exposure.(in 22 reviews)
  • "Very safety conscious culture and developing a very quality conscious culture.(in 21 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Owens Corning and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years
    Featured Review

Great company with growth potential

Apr 20, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

* Good salary * Growth opportunities * Corporate job board for relocation options * Diversity

Cons

* Be prepared to wear multiple "hats" at the smaller facilities

Owens Corning Response

Thank you for taking time to write a review. I am so glad your experience has been mostly positive. We value and appreciate our employees feedback.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Newark is great

Nov 30, 2022 - MLP Program (Entry Level) in Newark, OH
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great team over at pipe plant. Wool plant team is very unapproachable. Shift leads and Area leads are very knowledgeable. Bonuses and pay are great. Safety is taken very seriously here. Spend time in pipe in you can, the pipe plant's environment is more fun and friendly between operators.

Cons

The relationship between management and operators is great in pipe plant but needs a lot of work in wool plant. Leadership is constantly being changed. No one likes either plant leader. Everyone loves the site leader.

Owens Corning Response

Thank you for your feedback! We are thrilled your experience has been positive. Thank you for your review!

3. Join the Owens Corning team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 3.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Wet chop technician

Sep 2, 2022 - Technician
    Business Outlook

Pros

Decent pay for the area, three 30 minute breaks and one 45 minute lunch, weekends off 2 weeks in the month. You get fed every once in a while when the job runs bad and on holidays if you work em

Cons

By far the worst is the overtime. I’ve worked here for about 6 months now and now am eligible for mandatory overtime and from what understand it’s been this way for years you’ll work 12 hour days for 7 days in a row or more with a one-two day notice and you can only get out of it by using resources like vacation days or shift swaps that are limited. Other than that you work with hot bushings that put out fiber glass and I’ve gotten a few burn scars while learning

1 person found this review helpful

Owens Corning Representative

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are in the process of looking into plant schedules and shift changes to provide a better work/life balance. We appreciate you writing a review as we are always looking to understand what is on the mind of our people. If you would like to provide more details, please feel free to reach out to TalentCenterCareers@owenscorning.com.

5. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Upper management is always changing and is never hired locally

Nov 13, 2022 - Power and Control Systems Tech PCS in Amarillo, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay and benefits. Long time employees are good people and treat each bother with respect for the most part.

Cons

Upper management is always changing and are hired in from other parts of the country. The Amarillo plant is always just a stepping stone for the majority of these individuals.

Owens Corning Response

Thank you for writing a review. We take your feedback seriously as we are always looking for ways to improve. A positive employee experience is a main priority at Owens Corning, and I am sorry you did not feel your experience was consistent with our culture overall. Please feel free to reach out to TalentCenterCareers@owenscorning.com to provide more details.

6. 4.0
    Current Employee

Director - Operations

Nov 5, 2022 - Director, Operations
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great opportunity to develop teams and opportunities to drive change management, improve productivity and reduce cost.

Cons

Limited opportunities to move to new roles as the leadership team is very mature.

7. 2.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Pay derelict

Nov 25, 2022 - Machine Operator in Rockford, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

You can be super lazy when on the right shift

Cons

Terrible pay and super pc minded management from top down

Owens Corning Response

Thank you for taking time to write a review about our company and your experience. We strive to have a positive work experience for all employees. Please feel free to contact TalentCenterCareers@owenscorning.com to provide more details.

8. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Where do I start?

Nov 8, 2022 - Manufacturing Technician in Concord, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pay Bonuses Benefits 8 hour shift

Cons

Dreadful Bumpcaps Management Rotating schedule. 1st shift one week, 2nd the next. Really m The favoritism

Owens Corning Response

Thank you for writing a review. We are very sorry to hear this about your experience at Owens Corning. We value all our current and former employee’s feedback so we would be happy to learn more about what specifically it was that was not positive during your time here and how we can improve. Please feel free to contact TalentCenterCareers@owenscorning.com to discuss further.

9. 4.0
    Current Employee

Owens is a good job

Oct 22, 2022 - Shipping and Receiving in Brentwood, NH
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good job and good benefits

Cons

Normal warehouse drama. I have been there long enough.

Sr. Recruiter

Thank you for writing a review. I am so glad your experience has been mostly positive. The feedback you provided is valuable because we are always looking for ways to improve. If you would like to provide more detailed feedback regarding your experience- please feel free to contact TalentCenterCareers@owenscorning.com to discuss further.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Engineer

Oct 7, 2022 - Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great company with focus on safety and professional development.

Cons

Work life balance is stressed at times.

Sr. Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I am so glad your experience has been mostly positive, and that you can see the importance we place on the safety and well-being of our employees. The feedback you provided is valuable because we are always looking for ways to improve. If you would like to provide more details on your suggestions- please feel free to reach out to TalentCenterCareers@owenscorning.com.

11. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Feedback of the company

May 23, 2022 - Instrumentation and Electrical Technician in Compton, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pay compensates but the way treating your employees matter

Cons

No parts available for machine and stockroom is a mess and the current group leader is always absent and not interested in the companies issues at machines or what can be done to fix issues properly. Team leader is fairly new but does not want to hear opinions of their employees and the group leader because he is lost then all the work load given in a PM day will not make sense according with what equipments will need top priority. Finger pointing here is very common to everyone and most likely hey will blame every person for every issue not adressed in time . Organize the top level and then ask for help for your employees and please bring the correct parts. Plant manager is always finger pointing but they never bring employees to their morning meetings because they don’t take in consideration other opinions. Dictatorship type culture and no respect for their employees . LTT matrix is all wrong . EHS always sitting in their office. No growth for their employees offered for senior léveled employees. Horrible environment with fiber glass and asphalt. You breath fiber glass all around the building. Please restructure your supervisors and hire new talent. On Compton specifically all supervisors from maintenance to production have 45 years in still service and have an antique mentality of union dictatorship rolls punishing employees without no family values. Do not recommend

Viewing 1 - 10 of 786 Reviews
</>Embed

Owens Corning Reviews FAQs

Owens Corning has an overall rating of 3.9 out of 5, based on over 954 reviews left anonymously by employees. 74% of employees would recommend working at Owens Corning to a friend and 69% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Owens Corning employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.0 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Owens Corning. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.

74% of Owens Corning employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Owens Corning 3.6 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.8 for culture and values and 3.7 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Owens Corning to be culture, benefits, career development and the cons to be senior leadership, management.

Popular Careers with Owens Corning Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at Owens Corning? Share Your Experiences

Owens Corning logo

Owens Corning Careers

Cover image for Owens Corning

Compelling Careers Delivering Innovative Solutions Owens Corning has touched your life and the world around you in more ways than you can...More

• Our Culture & Values
  • Our Benefits
  • Diversity
  • Global

Reviews by Job Title

Company Updates

86 days ago

Community
Last but certainly not least in our Owens Corning Volunteer of the Year series, we recognize the Taloja employees as the Team Volunteer of the Year Award winners. The Taloja plant employees were honored for two separate volunteer efforts: COVID-19 relief and Konkan region flood relief. Using an OC Foundation grant, the team worked closely with public health departments, government bodies, and nongovernmental organizations to support underprivileged people in the community. #volunteer, #volunteerism, #giveback, #OCgivesback, #OCcares
Shared image - Owens Corning on LinkedIn: #volunteer #volunteerism #giveback | 11 comments
Owens Corning on LinkedIn: #volunteer #volunteerism #giveback | 11 comments
www.linkedin.com

86 days ago

Community
To continue our Owens Corning Volunteer of the Year series, we are pleased to announce our 2022 Employee of the Year, Jessica Riter. Jessica is an internal audit lead at the Toledo world headquarters and volunteers for a variety of organizations and causes. Most recently, she helped the community affairs team organize Owens Corning’s Martin Luther King Jr. National Day of Service, and she managed events at the Toledo office. #volunteer, #volunteerism, #giveback, #OCgivesback, #OCcares
Shared image - Owens Corning on LinkedIn: #volunteer #volunteerism #giveback
Owens Corning on LinkedIn: #volunteer #volunteerism #giveback
www.linkedin.com

Owens Corning Photos

+ Add Photo
Owens Corning photo of: Toledo World Headquarters
Owens Corning photo of: Congratulations to the Wellness Team at our Jackson, TN plant for winning first place in our annual Healthy Living Awards competition!
Owens Corning photo of: The marketing team participated in a volunteer event with Fleece &amp; Thank You. They made 40 fleece blankets that will be donated to children in local hospitals. #OCcares #OCgivesback
Owens Corning photo of: Each month, the team in Aiken volunteers by packing boxes of food for local senior citizens. They recently spent an afternoon packing over 500 boxes. #OCcares #OCgivesback
Owens Corning photo of: The Sustainability team spent their morning packing over 17,000 meals with The Pack Shack! All meals were donated to Cherry Street Mission Ministries. #OCcares #OCgivesback
Owens Corning photo of: Employees from the Compton plant participated in a Habitat for Humanity Los Angeles home repair. They were proud to offer their time by painting the house and gardening. #OCproud #OCgivesback
Owens Corning photo of: The team in Charleston, South Carolina participated in a hygiene kit packing event. They were proud to donate the kits to Lowcountry Food Bank. #OCcares #OCgivesback

Expert Career Advice

O-I Glass Logo
O-I Glass

3.8

Compare

Glassdoor has 954 Owens Corning reviews submitted anonymously by Owens Corning employees. Read employee reviews and ratings on Glassdoor to decide if Owens Corning is right for you.