Cover image for Owens & Minor

Healthcare

7h

a

Medical Records

I will be taking over a new team in our call center department at my job this upcoming week. I've been with the company a few years now and something I've noticed is NO ONE uses cameras but I've seen tons of people recommend it for teams. I am thinking of making it a requirement for my new team. I was thinking of starting off with once a week and moving into every other day so that it's not too much change at once. It will only be required for meetings. What does everyone think? Do you do this?

4 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "over worked and under paid poor management especially on the night shift and the level of micro management is out of control(in 57 reviews)
  • "Hectic at times and some long hours(in 19 reviews)
  • "The Current Leadership, and I say Current as I do not see how the current CEO can keep his job thru this year, is destroying the Company.(in 15 reviews)
  • "There is no training.(in 14 reviews)
  • "It would appear that there are several key leaders who permit abusive managers to run reckless across several lanes of business.(in 11 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Owens & Minor and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Nixe place to work

Oct 8, 2022 - Distribution
    Business Outlook

Pros

Nice place to work they offer college tuition

Cons

Poor management they really don't care much about employees

2. 4.0

Good Career

Nov 29, 2022 - Human Resources Business Partner
    Business Outlook

Pros

Hourly teammates could have a good opportunity to earn a lot of money or develop if they wanted to.

Cons

Leaders have to be self sufficient and develop themselves.

3. Join the Owens & Minor team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 4.0
    Former Employee

O&M review

Oct 20, 2022 - Script Reader
    Business Outlook

Pros

I gained experience working in a warehouse. The pay was fair for the work we were doing. I learned how to do sequencing and work in a moderately fast past environment. The benefits as a full-time employee are helpful - there's vacation, sick, personal and holiday pay. Overall, they make it worth it by being part time, regardless of the mandatory overtime.

Cons

The one downside was the attendance policy, management reassured me that I wouldn't get repercussions when prioritizing school, however I was issued a warning twice. They didn't truly explain it as well as they could have. There was also mandatory overtime for Full Time employees and for part timers the max hours are 29 hours. Part-time employees don't get any benefits except the mandatory 24 hours of sick pay after 90 days.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

A great place to work

Oct 22, 2022 - Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Owens & Minor is a fantastic company to work for. Where do I even begin. * The people are great. Sure there are some slackards, but overall the people are fantastic. * You're working in healhtcare. I can't tell you the feeling of walking into an ER or an OR and seeing O&M's products right there. It's an awsom feeling knowing that your company is on the front lines of helping patients. * The company is flexible. I was hired to work in Richmond in early 2020, but they let me work remotely without any fuss or constraints.

Cons

I really can't think of any cons. I'm reminded of the addage that "the only constant in life is change" and O&M certainly has changes.

6. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Could be better

Nov 22, 2022 - GPO Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

Covers ABA therapy with the medical insurance packages. Got to work from home mostly.

Cons

Didn't feel like they appreciated the teammates. Merging companies at the time of employment so system issues. Slightly toxic environment.

7. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Can't Complain

Oct 13, 2022 - National Accounts Director in Greensboro, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

The culture is good, the compensation (at least in my position) is fairly good, and the people are good.

Cons

Several changes, including additional responsibilities after a reorg that didn't come with a comparable raise.

8. 4.0

Working

Oct 21, 2022 - Supply Chain Specialist in Richmond, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Laid back and not breathing down your neck

Cons

They simply do not train you

9. 4.0
    Current Employee

Solid company that is pandemic and inflation resistant

Sep 20, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Stability is here in spades. Owens & Minor is a global company that has proven it is pandemic and inflation resistant.

Cons

HR is implementing new policies that may start transforming the culture of Owens & Minor.

1 person found this review helpful
  10. 3.0

Great place to work

Nov 10, 2022 - Manufacturing Engineering Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good benifits and working conditions.

Cons

Planning and execution of business

11. 3.0
    Former Employee

Benefits

Nov 7, 2022 - Human Resources Specialist (HR Specialist) in Richmond, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Company provides good benefit offerings.

Cons

Some managers lacked necessary people skills to lead.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 583 Reviews
</>Embed

Owens & Minor Reviews FAQs

Owens & Minor has an overall rating of 3.4 out of 5, based on over 605 reviews left anonymously by employees. 61% of employees would recommend working at Owens & Minor to a friend and 59% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Owens & Minor employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.4 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Owens & Minor. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.

61% of Owens & Minor employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Owens & Minor 3.3 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.3 for culture and values and 3.1 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Owens & Minor to be compensation, coworkers, benefits and the cons to be senior leadership, career development, management.

Popular Careers with Owens & Minor Job Seekers