Owlet Reviews | Glassdoor

1. Featured Review

"Go save some babies!"

Current Employee - Electronics Design Engineer in Lehi, UT

I have been working at Owlet full-time for less than a year

Pros

I love the mission - building products with cool technology that can help save a life is just awesome. Add in some really dedicated genuine people and you have an unbeatable place to work. They are trying to have both a fast paced high efficiency work place while still being family friendly and flexible.

Cons

Like all young companies there are still a few kinks to work out like better processes and rapid decisions being made.

Advice to Management

Keep the mission as the main focus and try to take in consideration the suggestions from the employees - there are a lot of smart people working here!

Owlet2019-08-14
  2. "Owlet Is A Great Place to Grow"

I have been working at Owlet

Pros

The mission is the best part about working here. Company lunches are a great way to learn about the good.

Cons

Salaries are low compared to bigger corporations.

Advice to Management

Watch out for underpaid employees, but don't let the culture of living what we do die!

Owlet2019-07-22
  3. "Coolest company to work for"

I have been working at Owlet full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Company culture is awesome, very transparent. People who work here are approachable, very kind and helpful. Company has a very good mission and vision and it’s good to see that all who work here are passionate about the vision and the mission. Cool things to work on, cool projects, new technology to look for. Family is given a priority too, its one of our culture.

Cons

Its the challenges that every startup goes through but I am pretty sure Owlet will get passed that as well.

Advice to Management

NA

Owlet2019-07-23
  4. "Work that Matters"

Current Employee - Marketing

I have been working at Owlet full-time for more than a year

Pros

* Making a HUGE difference in parents' lives and really rewarding work * Growing company with amazing opportunities to learn and develop * Family-oriented culture * Amazing team of talented and smart people

Cons

* Disrupting a market is difficult

5. "Awesome Culture"

Current Employee - Operations

I have been working at Owlet full-time for less than a year

Pros

Owlet offers a positive, open work environment that allows employees at any level to submit ideas and make changes to improve the company. People listen, and genuinely care about others and their development.

Cons

The product development process can be challenging. This can result in launch delays, however, not surprising with the amount of complexity involved in developing such innovative products.

Advice to Management

NA

Owlet2019-07-19
  6. "Tackling Tough Problems"

Current Employee - Chief Product Officer in Lehi, UT

I have been working at Owlet full-time for less than a year

Pros

Mission-driven culture with a chance to do work that makes a real impact.

Cons

Typical challenges of startups trying to do tough innovation. Not everything we try works, but the goal is to fail fast and move forward.

Owlet2019-07-19
  7. "Love it! Obviously :)"

Current Employee - Chief Executive Officer in Lehi, UT

I have been working at Owlet full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Owlet is a mission driven company that's actually making a huge difference in the world and builds cutting edge products. There's no other consumer facing company like it in Utah.

Cons

We move fast and have a lot of great projects in the pipeline. Sometimes it can feel a bit crazy but I'd rather have it that way.

Owlet2019-07-19
  8. "Mission Driven and Excellent Work Culture"

Current Employee - Senior Manager Integrated Marketing in Lehi, UT

I have been working at Owlet full-time for more than a year

Pros

Owlet is committed to its mission of helping families, and it shows in every team member and every decision the company makes, which makes for a great work environment. Lots of opportunity - the company is growing fast, I'm always learning new things and able to take on more responsibility. Great work/life balance - flexible schedule, family events, and monthly half day Fridays It's an excellent work environment -...

Cons

It's a fast growing start up, so you do need to be willing to work hard and it can sometimes feel like you're balancing a lot.

Owlet2019-07-19
  9. "Fulfilling, Challenging, and Fun!"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Lehi, UT

I worked at Owlet full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

1. Awesome team! You won't find a group of more passionate, genuine people working towards an amazing goal of saving lives and providing peace of mind during a stressful, and crucial time of life! 2. Important tech! - really fulfilling to know that you're working on tech that is not only innovative, challenging, and valuable, but potentially life saving! Loved hearing the customer testimonials each week! 3. Perfect...

Cons

Not the same snack selection that you'll find in Silicon Valley... Though, for some this should be encouraging because you'd rather that be going to your paycheck or to growing the company. Owlet runs lean and runs fast. Not for the faint of heart.

Advice to Management

Keep hiring only the best. The customers deserve it! ... and more spike-ball tournaments.

Owlet2019-07-19
  10. "Amazing Autonomy to Own my Role"

Former Employee - Market Research Manager in Lehi, UT

I worked at Owlet full-time for less than a year

Pros

Tons of autonomy and trust to get my duties done. Working directly under the CEO was a blessing. He always gave us everything we need as a team and challenged us to reach our goals. Everyone at the company was super friendly and very excited about the Owlet Mission. I felt like management really cared about us. I would recommend working at Owlet.

Cons

Honestly can't think of anything negative.

Advice to Management

Keep striving to connect with every employee and reward great work. You will always have a fan in me.

Found 44 reviews