Oxford Global Resources Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.1
Ted Hanson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Virtually unlimited earning potential (cliche but true) (in 21 reviews)

• Opportunity to make a lot of money (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours (45, but not that bad) (in 33 reviews)

• 45 hour work week that for some offices is non-negotiable (in 13 reviews)

"Creating Your Future Daily"

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Tacoma, WA
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Tacoma, WA

I have been working at Oxford Global Resources full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Within Oxford you're given the autonomy to build the dream which you have imagined. Competitive colleagues accompanied by wise senior management allow for you to progress within this high level market on a daily basis. Furthermore you're given the ability to fail which leads to more growth and understanding within an ever changing marketplace.

Cons

A considerable drawback to working at Oxford would be it's lack of an overall progression scale which would effectively allow for one to track their progress.

Advice to Management

Conduct more effective training seminars which allow for one to ask questions and consider real life scenarios on a daily bases.

"Tough job but my team cares about my success"

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at Oxford Global Resources full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been employed in Fort Worth for almost 1.5 years. In that time there have been a lot of positive changes like our beautiful office. More importantly there have been major culture changes in regards to work hours and flexibility. Management really tries to help you as long as you give them effort back. Great opportunity to make good money as well. I am on pace to surpass 75k in my 2nd year of employment.

Cons

It's not easy. You have to be motivated to succeed. Managers are there to help but are extremely busy themselves . So don't expect to have your hands held. The good part is even if your manager is occupied there are many other managers and senior employees who are open to to help you.

Advice to Management

Continue to be open to change.

3. "Great Experience"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at Oxford Global Resources full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've never experienced a company that where you work hard, they will 100% match it with a chance to move forward your career. You have full control of your own success here if you put in the time and effort. It's a great first job out of college to gain personal and professional confidence but it's also a promising opportunity to continue your career growth

Cons

Any job in sales can be hard and there have been issues that've been addressed. However, a lot of new positive changes going through the company currently

Advice to Management

There needs to be more management consistency from office to office. Make sure everyone on your team feels like they are heard and continue to expand your teams with the mixture of hard work, respect and inspiration

4. "Recruiter"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Chandler, AZ
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Chandler, AZ

I have been working at Oxford Global Resources full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

High earning potential with supportive management. The company is evolving with the needs of employees which is very exciting and lets us know our voices are being heard. As for the actual job, it is rewarding to build long-lasting relationships with consultants and place them on multiple assignments. There are many activities around the office as well creating a great office culture such as annual picnic, ice cream days, and holiday parties.

Cons

The job is hard work but you will reap the benefits if you keep at it. Working with people there will always be circumstances out of your control which can be stressful.

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what you're doing! Being flexible and showing you care about your employees goes a long way.

"Oxford - The best decision I ever made!!!"

Current Employee - Current Employee in Beverly, MA
    Current Employee - Current Employee in Beverly, MA

I have been working at Oxford Global Resources full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Amazing people who are all highly motivated and all working towards a collective goal.
    - We are pioneering a modern culture shift within the company; and letting many "millennials" lead the way - the results have been amazing, and the excitement is infectious!!!
    - Real Training - whether you are new to the workforce or an experienced operator, the training you receive at Oxford will get you started on the right foot and/or take you to the next level! You are continuously learning about new tools, tactics, technology, and methodologies; and their curriculum allows you to apply those lessons to "real-life" scenarios almost immediately.
    - The leadership team goes above and beyond for their employees; taking even the "little things" into consideration, and addressing them immediately.
    - Unlimited vertical and/or horizontal growth potential within a well-established 2.4 billion dollar company.
    - Flex-schedule, unlimited coffee, great company sponsored events, and outstanding benefits

Cons

- Some poor Glassdoor.com reviews from former employees (who all worked under the old management and old methodologies) are misleading to our current state.
    - As we make fundamental changes around culture and job duties, there will be some continued growing pains. However, the worst is finally past us and the future looks brighter than ever!

Advice to Management

Keep on your current path of change, and continue to develop the millennial friendly, high-performance culture we are seeing emerge. It is also important to remain true to the valuable lessons of the past. Be sure to pass on the industry knowledge you have acquired after a lifetime of dedication to the craft; and continue to lead by example through your unwavering commitment to quality, your strong work ethic, innovation, and continued encouragement.

"Communicative"

Current Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Oxford Global Resources full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Recruiter was very communicative and checked in regularly during my initial contract.

Cons

Recruiter was unable to find additional contracts for me after the initial one was over. Benefits for contractors are not very good initially and very expensive after you've hit 60 days on the job.

Advice to Management

Your recruiters should spend more time trying to line up additional contracts for their contractors. After my initial contract was over, I was left out to dry. I was prepared for that but it would have been nice to see some effort in that regard from the recruiter.

7. "Enjoying the Job!"

I have been working at Oxford Global Resources full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Great Training and Leadership
    - Second family type atmosphere
    - Fun work events and incentives
    - Not micromanaged
    - Wonderful location
    - Management is flexible
    - Paid time off when needed

Cons

As long as you keep a positive attitude there aren't any cons - some things just aren't in your control and that's a good mindset to retain

Advice to Management

management does a great job accommodating to every individuals needs on a daily, monthly, and annual basis. Keep taking care of everybody from the lowest level up - it goes a long way

8. "Work Ethic + Accountability = Success"

I have been working at Oxford Global Resources full-time

Pros

Uncapped commission, Fun, inviting environment, perks for producing, training for sales and current and up and coming leaders.

Cons

Sometimes theres long work weeks.

Advice to Management

Keep developing future group and company leaders.

9. "Great Place To Have a Career"

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Beverly, MA
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Beverly, MA

I have been working at Oxford Global Resources full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The beverly office is full of some of the most knowledgeable and successful minds in this industry. The managers are committed to excellence and train to create the same commitment in the staff.

Cons

Its hard work, no two ways about it. Its as much about being HR-inclined as it is about being sales-inclined. Building a network is difficult, but the juice is worth the squeeze.

Advice to Management

Continue your great training, continue to encourage innovation and new thinking.

10. "Recruiter"

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Oxford Global Resources full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Potential to earn money! Nice office with new computers.

Cons

You start off at $10.50 hr and it's not what you sign up for. Manual outbound phone dialing system and your expected to make over 60 calls a day! When it comes to recruiting, you would think it's finding the right candidate for a job opening. This typ of work is contacting contract workers and making up a job opportunity to get them talking, then you find out, what company, they are currently contracted with; see if they will give you information regarding the hiring team members and management members so we can pass this information along to our Job management team members to contact and see if our team can earn or establish their business. It's all cat and mouse and has little to do with recruiting people for anything unless you helped originate the New company portfolio business; through discovering new contacts, to generate new business to hire people for. They make you work 10 hr days so your paycheck looks bigger than what a normal 40hr work week would be on a pay stub. 45+ hrs x 10.50 = 472.50 weekly under 1,000 bi weekly

Advice to Management

Be honest, title the position what it is, business development headhunting.