Oxford Global Resources Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.9
Ted Hanson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Virtually unlimited earning potential (cliche but true) (in 21 reviews)

• Opportunity to make a lot of money (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours (45, but not that bad) (in 36 reviews)

• 45 hour work week that for some offices is non-negotiable (in 13 reviews)

1. "N/A"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

I have been working at Oxford Global Resources full-time

Pros

Positive team environment, uncapped commission, flexible work week, great work/life balance, open door to management, team building events, willingness to help each other, recognition of star performers

Cons

the handful of employees that create negativity when the majority of the group is succeeding.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to your employees on recommendations on how to get the job done more effectively.

2. "Oxford Global"

I worked at Oxford Global Resources full-time

Pros

Good experience, good step in IT

Cons

management wasn't great, high turnover

3. "Great Place"

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Madison, WI
    Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Madison, WI

I worked at Oxford Global Resources full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Team works together to make sure you succeed!!!

Cons

There is not one that I can think of!!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing!!!

"Account Manager"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Chandler, AZ
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Chandler, AZ

I worked at Oxford Global Resources full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits are decent although costly. You can make decent money if you are top 10% in the company. Usually takes about 2 years to start making any kind of money. Unfortunately with the turnover alone you can expect a 1/100 chance of that happening.

Cons

You are going to deal with coworkers who put morals last. Most of which are in management. I've had people stolen out of my database and caught red handed and there were no repercussions. There is no professionalism in the office. I've been cussed out more times than I can count for things I didn't even do or weren't my fault. Senior management won't help you because they say we aren't going to reprehend or fire our top sales leaders no matter what they do. Very long hours and you will be constantly reminded of your monthly goals and if you do not hit any of them, there will be correct actions that will take place. Extremely high stress and not for the faint of heart. If you ask HR for help, expect to be let go shortly after.

Advice to Management

Highly recommend random drug testing. Management likes to sell to new hires and current employees the fact that they don't drug test. Take a long look in the mirror and ask yourself if having this kind of culture and massive turnover is worth keeping your short term goals VS how you want this company to be a few years from now.

Oxford Global Resources Response

Sep 15, 2017 – Digital Marketing Associate

Thank you for your comments. Oxford has a zero tolerance policy on such behaviors and we will be looking into this further.

"Bad apples are poison to the bunch"

I have been working at Oxford Global Resources full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Oxford is full of some really great and hardworking people. The majority is wonderful but get overshadowed by the old school mentality of some. Overall, it is a good training ground but rare for someone to stick around more than a year or two. The company tries to plan events, teambuilding, etc. and most of the offices are nice. Benefits coverage is good.

Cons

The old school mentality of some get in the way of some of the positive changes the company is trying to make. It greatly affects the company's reputation which is a shame.

Advice to Management

Really take a deeper look into the offices and the people in them. Cut out like cancer those who have a bad attitude/are old school as they are influencing those around them.

6. "Work hard"

Current Employee - Employee in Beverly, MA
    Current Employee - Employee in Beverly, MA

I have been working at Oxford Global Resources full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Hard work gets rewarded. The rest of the senior staff work hard, and they notice those who do a well.

Cons

Executive direction isn't focused primarily on our image to clients and consultants; especially consultants, as they drive our business. Both need to be continually surveyed for feedback.

Advice to Management

Ensure your direct reports are clear on goals and what results are satisfactory. They tend to not ask enough questions.

"Corporate"

I worked at Oxford Global Resources full-time

Pros

Job security is one pro.

Cons

No real room for career growth.

"Recruiter"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Boston, MA

I have been working at Oxford Global Resources full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Location and the "attempt to boost moral" events.

Cons

On Assignment and their management team, pay, no work/life balance, long hours, etc.

Advice to Management

Unfortunately, all the people that made Oxford great were laid off. On Assignment came along and got rid of the majority of those employees who had many years of service, those who were loyal and dedicated to the Oxford ways and processes, so I don't think anything can be done to improve upon the company, the work environment, or the moral.

"Poor professional environment for recruiters"

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Calabasas, CA
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Calabasas, CA

I have been working at Oxford Global Resources full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are a few really good people working here with some really good background and experience in recruiting. I'll take some learning experiences away from here from these people and am thankful for that.

Cons

This is the worst recruiting environment I have ever worked in. It's clear only after you start the job that you're expected to work 9 hour days, despite working in an environment that has you chugging away for nearly 6 months before you can fill a listing. True story: you compete with your own managers to fill leads!! Expect no help from Corporate. Our Marketing department is terrible and completely run by inexperienced people with no background in staffing. They deliver nothing to help us drive sales. Customer support is awful. Once you finally fill a lead, expect to hear about the terrible support from your consultants. Long hours, poor pay, awful support from Corporate -- avoid this place if you're a recruiter. I have worked my butt off but I know my termination is inevitable.

Advice to Management

Learn from some of your other divisions who are head and shoulders above you in effectiveness and reputation. Hire better people in Corporate support. Gut your marketing department and Customer Support (Calabasas and Beverly) and hire real professionals.

Oxford Global Resources Response

Aug 15, 2017 – Digital Marketing Associate

Thank you for sharing your feedback. Recently our workweek has changed from 45 hours to 40 to address hours each day. We have also recently made a variety of other changes in aligning our support... More

"Creating Your Future Daily"

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Tacoma, WA
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Tacoma, WA

I have been working at Oxford Global Resources full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Within Oxford you're given the autonomy to build the dream which you have imagined. Competitive colleagues accompanied by wise senior management allow for you to progress within this high level market on a daily basis. Furthermore you're given the ability to fail which leads to more growth and understanding within an ever changing marketplace.

Cons

A considerable drawback to working at Oxford would be it's lack of an overall progression scale which would effectively allow for one to track their progress.

Advice to Management

Conduct more effective training seminars which allow for one to ask questions and consider real life scenarios on a daily bases.