Oxford Global Resources Reviews | Glassdoor

Oxford Global Resources Reviews

Updated December 8, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Virtually unlimited earning potential (cliche but true) (in 21 reviews)

• Opportunity to make a lot of money (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours (45, but not that bad) (in 37 reviews)

• 45 hour work week that for some offices is non-negotiable (in 13 reviews)

1. "Work hard"

Current Employee - Employee in Beverly, MA
    Current Employee - Employee in Beverly, MA

I have been working at Oxford Global Resources full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Hard work gets rewarded. The rest of the senior staff work hard, and they notice those who do a well.

Cons

Executive direction isn't focused primarily on our image to clients and consultants; especially consultants, as they drive our business. Both need to be continually surveyed for feedback.

Advice to Management

Ensure your direct reports are clear on goals and what results are satisfactory. They tend to not ask enough questions.

"Corporate"

I worked at Oxford Global Resources full-time

Pros

Job security is one pro.

Cons

No real room for career growth.

"Recruiter"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Boston, MA

I have been working at Oxford Global Resources full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Location and the "attempt to boost moral" events.

Cons

On Assignment and their management team, pay, no work/life balance, long hours, etc.

Advice to Management

Unfortunately, all the people that made Oxford great were laid off. On Assignment came along and got rid of the majority of those employees who had many years of service, those who were loyal and dedicated to the Oxford ways and processes, so I don't think anything can be done to improve upon the company, the work environment, or the moral.

"Poor professional environment for recruiters"

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Calabasas, CA
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Calabasas, CA

I have been working at Oxford Global Resources full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are a few really good people working here with some really good background and experience in recruiting. I'll take some learning experiences away from here from these people and am thankful for that.

Cons

This is the worst recruiting environment I have ever worked in. It's clear only after you start the job that you're expected to work 9 hour days, despite working in an environment that has you chugging away for nearly 6 months before you can fill a listing. True story: you compete with your own managers to fill leads!! Expect no help from Corporate. Our Marketing department is terrible and completely run by inexperienced people with no background in staffing. They deliver nothing to help us drive sales. Customer support is awful. Once you finally fill a lead, expect to hear about the terrible support from your consultants. Long hours, poor pay, awful support from Corporate -- avoid this place if you're a recruiter. I have worked my butt off but I know my termination is inevitable.

Advice to Management

Learn from some of your other divisions who are head and shoulders above you in effectiveness and reputation. Hire better people in Corporate support. Gut your marketing department and Customer Support (Calabasas and Beverly) and hire real professionals.

Oxford Global Resources Response

Aug 15, 2017 – Digital Marketing Associate

Thank you for sharing your feedback. Recently our workweek has changed from 45 hours to 40 to address hours each day. We have also recently made a variety of other changes in aligning our support... More

"Creating Your Future Daily"

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Tacoma, WA
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Tacoma, WA

I have been working at Oxford Global Resources full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Within Oxford you're given the autonomy to build the dream which you have imagined. Competitive colleagues accompanied by wise senior management allow for you to progress within this high level market on a daily basis. Furthermore you're given the ability to fail which leads to more growth and understanding within an ever changing marketplace.

Cons

A considerable drawback to working at Oxford would be it's lack of an overall progression scale which would effectively allow for one to track their progress.

Advice to Management

Conduct more effective training seminars which allow for one to ask questions and consider real life scenarios on a daily bases.

"Poor Management"

Former Employee - National Recruiter in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - National Recruiter in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Oxford Global Resources full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There's an opportunity to learn a lot at this company.

Cons

Management doesn't appreciate the employees and treats them horribly. It's definitely a "good old boys" club where women are often looked down upon and treated sub par.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the misogynistic attitude and degradation of women employees.

"No growth, poor management"

I worked at Oxford Global Resources full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

If you are looking for a job straight out of college where you don't need any experience and are willing to make very little money, this is the place for you.

Cons

No career growth here. They expect you to work and make them a lot of money but don't pay well at all. It's corporate and you don't ever get the answers you are looking for because the company is public and there are so many people trying to run it. Customers and candidates suffer because this company is always trying to micro manage and change things to try and better themselves and make more money. All the while, the candidates and clients take the brunt end of the changes.
    Also, this company does not invest in their employees or give them raises.
    Tenure is not a thing here and the turnover is horrible- worst I've ever heard or seen in the staffing industry.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees when they talk, especially the people who have helped build your company. Remove people out of management roles who don't belong there. Pay people what they are worth.

"Tough job but my team cares about my success"

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at Oxford Global Resources full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been employed in Fort Worth for almost 1.5 years. In that time there have been a lot of positive changes like our beautiful office. More importantly there have been major culture changes in regards to work hours and flexibility. Management really tries to help you as long as you give them effort back. Great opportunity to make good money as well. I am on pace to surpass 75k in my 2nd year of employment.

Cons

It's not easy. You have to be motivated to succeed. Managers are there to help but are extremely busy themselves . So don't expect to have your hands held. The good part is even if your manager is occupied there are many other managers and senior employees who are open to to help you.

Advice to Management

Continue to be open to change.

9. "Great Experience"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at Oxford Global Resources full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've never experienced a company that where you work hard, they will 100% match it with a chance to move forward your career. You have full control of your own success here if you put in the time and effort. It's a great first job out of college to gain personal and professional confidence but it's also a promising opportunity to continue your career growth

Cons

Any job in sales can be hard and there have been issues that've been addressed. However, a lot of new positive changes going through the company currently

Advice to Management

There needs to be more management consistency from office to office. Make sure everyone on your team feels like they are heard and continue to expand your teams with the mixture of hard work, respect and inspiration

10. "Recruiter"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Chandler, AZ
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Chandler, AZ

I have been working at Oxford Global Resources full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

High earning potential with supportive management. The company is evolving with the needs of employees which is very exciting and lets us know our voices are being heard. As for the actual job, it is rewarding to build long-lasting relationships with consultants and place them on multiple assignments. There are many activities around the office as well creating a great office culture such as annual picnic, ice cream days, and holiday parties.

Cons

The job is hard work but you will reap the benefits if you keep at it. Working with people there will always be circumstances out of your control which can be stressful.

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what you're doing! Being flexible and showing you care about your employees goes a long way.