Oxford Global Resources Technical Recruiter Reviews | Glassdoor

Technical Recruiter

3.1
Ted Hanson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Virtually unlimited earning potential (cliche but true) (in 21 reviews)

• Opportunity to make a lot of money (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours (45, but not that bad) (in 33 reviews)

• 45 hour work week that for some offices is non-negotiable (in 13 reviews)

"Creating Your Future Daily"

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Tacoma, WA
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Tacoma, WA

I have been working at Oxford Global Resources full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Within Oxford you're given the autonomy to build the dream which you have imagined. Competitive colleagues accompanied by wise senior management allow for you to progress within this high level market on a daily basis. Furthermore you're given the ability to fail which leads to more growth and understanding within an ever changing marketplace.

Cons

A considerable drawback to working at Oxford would be it's lack of an overall progression scale which would effectively allow for one to track their progress.

Advice to Management

Conduct more effective training seminars which allow for one to ask questions and consider real life scenarios on a daily bases.

2. "Poor professional environment for recruiters"

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Calabasas, CA
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Calabasas, CA

I have been working at Oxford Global Resources full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are a few really good people working here with some really good background and experience in recruiting. I'll take some learning experiences away from here from these people and am thankful for that.

Cons

This is the worst recruiting environment I have ever worked in. It's clear only after you start the job that you're expected to work 9 hour days, despite working in an environment that has you chugging away for nearly 6 months before you can fill a listing. True story: you compete with your own managers to fill leads!! Expect no help from Corporate. Our Marketing department is terrible and completely run by inexperienced people with no background in staffing. They deliver nothing to help us drive sales. Customer support is awful. Once you finally fill a lead, expect to hear about the terrible support from your consultants. Long hours, poor pay, awful support from Corporate -- avoid this place if you're a recruiter. I have worked my butt off but I know my termination is inevitable.

Advice to Management

Learn from some of your other divisions who are head and shoulders above you in effectiveness and reputation. Hire better people in Corporate support. Gut your marketing department and Customer Support (Calabasas and Beverly) and hire real professionals.

Oxford Global Resources Response

Aug 15, 2017 – Digital Marketing Associate

Thank you for sharing your feedback. Recently our workweek has changed from 45 hours to 40 to address hours each day. We have also recently made a variety of other changes in aligning our support... More

"Tough job but my team cares about my success"

I have been working at Oxford Global Resources full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been employed in Fort Worth for almost 1.5 years. In that time there have been a lot of positive changes like our beautiful office. More importantly there have been major culture changes in regards to work hours and flexibility. Management really tries to help you as long as you give them effort back. Great opportunity to make good money as well. I am on pace to surpass 75k in my 2nd year of employment.

Cons

It's not easy. You have to be motivated to succeed. Managers are there to help but are extremely busy themselves . So don't expect to have your hands held. The good part is even if your manager is occupied there are many other managers and senior employees who are open to to help you.

Advice to Management

Continue to be open to change.

4. "Great Place To Have a Career"

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Beverly, MA

I have been working at Oxford Global Resources full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The beverly office is full of some of the most knowledgeable and successful minds in this industry. The managers are committed to excellence and train to create the same commitment in the staff.

Cons

Its hard work, no two ways about it. Its as much about being HR-inclined as it is about being sales-inclined. Building a network is difficult, but the juice is worth the squeeze.

Advice to Management

Continue your great training, continue to encourage innovation and new thinking.

"Recruiter"

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Oxford Global Resources full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Potential to earn money! Nice office with new computers.

Cons

You start off at $10.50 hr and it's not what you sign up for. Manual outbound phone dialing system and your expected to make over 60 calls a day! When it comes to recruiting, you would think it's finding the right candidate for a job opening. This typ of work is contacting contract workers and making up a job opportunity to get them talking, then you find out, what company, they are currently contracted with; see if they will give you information regarding the hiring team members and management members so we can pass this information along to our Job management team members to contact and see if our team can earn or establish their business. It's all cat and mouse and has little to do with recruiting people for anything unless you helped originate the New company portfolio business; through discovering new contacts, to generate new business to hire people for. They make you work 10 hr days so your paycheck looks bigger than what a normal 40hr work week would be on a pay stub. 45+ hrs x 10.50 = 472.50 weekly under 1,000 bi weekly

Advice to Management

Be honest, title the position what it is, business development headhunting.

"Recruiter"

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Calabasas, CA
    Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Calabasas, CA

I worked at Oxford Global Resources full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There were pros...? When?

Cons

Working here was possibly one of the worst decisions of my life.
    I was going to leave it at that, but I realized I can hopefully save someone from joining if they have a chance to see this.
    Cons:
    -Market Managers love to play favorites because really they shouldn't be managers at all. They just got the title for drinking to cool-aid and sticking around long enough.
    -People continuously say "We're a $2.2 billion dollar company"... too bad only the executive team gets to enjoy it)
    -The standard is 9 hours a day, which in reality isn't that ridiculous but when account managers who your supposed to be "partners" with are only working 7-8 it can get a little old.
    -Don't expect to make a placement for the first 6 months you are there and you'll have to wait roughly 4 years till you actually start to make some decent money from commission.
    -Expanding on the point above, the reason you don't make any money is because the Lead recruiter on whatever listing you work will undoubtedly fill the role because they have all the power. They will tell you to "keep subbing" and "build your database" cause apparently that's all your good for.
    -One last little fact is the turnover rate for Oxford is roughly 63% for recruiters(true statistic from the company), which should pretty much tell you everything you need to know...
    -Just exit the application for this job and pretend like you never even heard about it.

Advice to Management

Please just shut down and leave everyone alone. You've done a wonderful job of making so many lives miserable over the past 30 years. I think its a good time to stop.

"Be ready to WORK!"

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at Oxford Global Resources full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Good training and willingness from all co-workers to give helpful job advice
    -Virtually unlimited earning potential (cliche but true)
    -Good benefits

Cons

-Work is a grind, day in and day out.
    -You WILL be competing with management for project submittals.
    -Your performance will be measured by archaic means of the amount of time spent on the phone and the number of dials you make, regardless of your actual production or tenure.
    -You WILL NOT be able to get anyone submitted to a job until 4-6 months, AT LEAST.
    -Management is concerned about two things; getting their people put on jobs & how the team numbers reflect their own job stability. NOTHING ELSE.
    -.... unless you have a family member who has been a beloved OGR employee for 4+ years. Then nothing you do can be wrong.
    -Typical corporate work life; management wants "you to succeed", "you" meaning 'the person in that seat making dials', not 'you, as an individual'.
    -They're looking for warm bodies, not educated, ambitious people.
    -45 hours a week can be a lot.

Advice to Management

Stop using archaic methods of measuring performance and stop the blatant favoritism from the top down.

8. "Great Office!"

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Beverly, MA

Pros

I have never been a part of an office with such a great group of people. The open concept of the office also makes the days easier.

Cons

Really no cons, great place to work especially starting a career.

"Very much a meh company"

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Oxford Global Resources full-time

Pros

Able to make a lot of money if you work long hours and are ok with a boys club

Cons

Too critical over numbers. Will constantly grind you over antiqued metrics for staffing and in turn there is high turnover.

Advice to Management

Need to be more progressive and need to take management out of production so they can actually manage.

"Minimum wage easy at Oxford"

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Chandler, AZ
    Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Chandler, AZ

I worked at Oxford Global Resources (More than a year)

Pros

Was good training for a beginner

Cons

Chop shop call center environment

Advice to Management

Get some nicer slave drivers