P&S Transportation Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.7
Robert L. Pike, Jr. & Scott A. Smith

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Best Place To Work In Trucking"

I have been working at P&S Transportation full-time

Pros

Great people and positive attitude to drivers. This company actually cares.
    Great mix of new and experienced employees
    Free food every Monday and Friday

Cons

Locations are not always the best. Benefits are on par with the industry, which doesn't say much.

2. "OTR DRVR"

Former Employee - OTR Driver in Emporia, VA
    Former Employee - OTR Driver in Emporia, VA

I worked at P&S Transportation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

No forced dispatch. Home most weekends. Decent pay and BCBS Ins.

Cons

Slow trucks. (set at 65) which means really about 63. No power. Implementing automatic trucks. this really makes the truck a Dog.

Advice to Management

turn up the power and stay with manual shifts.

Sep 8, 2017 – Director of HR

Thanks for the feedback. So sorry you were unhappy with the equipment. We wish we didn't have to lose you over this issue. We are always open to conversations about equipment and respect the... More

3. "Typical scumbag trucking company"

I worked at P&S Transportation full-time

Pros

I can not honestly think of any pro's. Typical low life trucking company. Thankfully I never had one of their checks bounce lol. So I guess that's a positive.

Cons

Too many to list

Advice to Management

They start out good, and I mean orientation and the first month or so and then all it's down hill from there. The people is dispatch and management are expert smoke blowing bs'ers. They must give them continual training on that. Low pay, terrible home time, and just over all a crappy work environment. I tried to do the right thing by giving two weeks notice when I quit. However, I had to end up changing it to one week after circumstances changed. On my very last day they sat me for over a day before they gave me a load back to the terminal. I then sat for an additional 6 hours before I could pick the load up. They have shown their true colors over this past week, and those colors were very ugly. My advice. Be smart drivers!! Take your skills elsewhere, somewhere that will appreciate you and not treat you like a piece of meat. P&S, you reap what you sow and for the sake of your drivers, I hope you get your act together. Because if you don't, you'll be another busted trucking company. Not saying that would break my heart though, because it won't. Good riddance!

4. "OTR driver"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

I worked at P&S Transportation full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The best reason to work there is the great staff they have. Never in my life have I been around so many good people.

Cons

A person that is not use to hands on work , may have a hard time with working on a flatbed semi.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work you guys have going the company is in good standings with all the drivers that I have talked with.

Aug 8, 2017 – Director of HR

Thanks so much for the feedback. It is really important to us to make sure we set the right expectations and this information about the hands on nature of flatbed work is a very good point. Glad... More

5. "Driver Beware"

Former Employee - Class A Truck Driver in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Class A Truck Driver in Houston, TX

I worked at P&S Transportation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Let you keep pets in truck at no cost. Flex dispatch. Adam and Kyle in the Houston terminal.

Cons

Pay, if going by cpm they pay at best .42, usually a lot less. Cheap loads. Uncaring dispatch. They play favorites a lot. Equipment is junk and breaks a lot. Their terminals are in bad areas and not maintained well. Also most people I encountered are unfriendly or just plain jerks. They have a way of punishing you for not staying out or running loads they want you to. Not to mention idiotic dispatches that have no clue how to effectively plan loads in advance.

Advice to Management

Better pay makes everyone happy. Most drivers are aware enough to realize you're cutting pay when the same load pays 200 less than it used to. Preplans are your friends. You're one of few companies that don't use them.

Sep 8, 2017 – Director of HR

Thanks for the feedback. We are sorry that you were not thrilled with the experience of working with us. We are always looking to improve and appreciate your comments.

6. "Driver"

I have been working at P&S Transportation full-time

Pros

Home on weekends, no force dispatch

Cons

First and foremost I hate these automatic transmission!!!! Give us a choice. Low cpm load. Average. Little to no tarp pay. No chance for pay increase. I could go on, but that's a start.

Advice to Management

You pay us to do a job. Only micro manage those who need it.

Sep 8, 2017 – Director of HR

Thanks so much for the feedback. We understand your feelings about the automatic transmission. we always appreciate ideas and suggestions on how to make P&S an even better place to work!

7. "Driver"

Former Employee - Truck Driver in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Truck Driver in Nashville, TN

I worked at P&S Transportation full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Been here 6 yrs and my yearly gross has been droping

Cons

Company has grown but you have to work harder now becuase of the cheap loads

Advice to Management

Up your layover give more vac and holiday pay at least 5 days and safety bonus and longivity yrs you been there

Jun 26, 2017 – Director of HR

Wow! thank you so much for the feedback. I wish we didn't have to lose you to find out how you are doing. We will certainly take your feedback to heart and look at what we can do to keep our long... More

8. "What a joke"

Current Employee - Truck Driver
    Current Employee - Truck Driver

I have been working at P&S Transportation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are no pros.

Cons

This company is the biggest joke. The trucks are always breaking down and you end up sitting all day waiting for help,they don't care that you have family and bills to take care of either. They are rude and they play favoritism so if your not on that list you get screwed bad. Countless times I have sat for over a week waiting for my truck to get fixed, but of course it is not them having to worry about feeding their kids. When it comes to this company RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN! Not worth the time .

Jun 13, 2017 – Director of HR

WOW! I have never heard feedback like this from any employee. I certainly hope that if you have been with us for 3 year, you have not waited until posting on Glassdoor to tell us about this... More

"P&S TRANSP IS A GOOD PLACE TO WORK, UNLESS YOU ARE IN ACCOUNTING!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Ensley, AL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Ensley, AL

I have been working at P&S Transportation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The best thing about working at PS Transp. is to NOT work in accounting. However, they treat their drivers well and will go above and beyond to do whatever they can to keep the professional drivers and Dispatchers making money and working within their schedules as often as possible. . environments.

Cons

If you are not a 'strong' individual who can tolerate bullying, having your work sabotaged at every turn ( yes, I have every bit of it documented and witnesses) and can take being gossiped about and hearing other co-workers being slandered and humiliated in and out of the office, on facebook, in restaurants, etc. , then this is not the environment for you. When reporting this to the supervisor, it only gets worse and they will go to any extreme behavior to make you quit. The retaliation is then at a level that even going to HR seems like a complete waste of time and if you do, I hope you have other employment lined because you will not last very long. This has been an ongoing issue for years and as I have seen many reviews stating the same. Workloads need to be distributed more evenly and everyone should be held to the same company rules, processes and procedures.

Advice to Management

Learn to hear and or identify the lies being told to you; listen to all of your employees as they have more to offer and will be happy to do so, than you could ever imagine. People who are put in lead positions need Management training badly or moved to non-lead positions. The handbook states that we should feel secure in reporting bad behavior, unprofessionalism, bullying, etc to HR with no fear of retaliation--I do not feel safe or secure at all. Sadly, no report will be forthcoming to HR unless I have legal representation present.

Jun 6, 2017 – Director of HR

Retaliation and bullying are not tolerated at PS Logistics. Please come talk to me immediately about any cases you may see of this happening and we will certainly take action. Your safety in... More

10. "Driver"

Current Employee - Driver in Mobile, AL
    Current Employee - Driver in Mobile, AL

I have been working at P&S Transportation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Decent equipment, otherwise just a job

Cons

If you run regional you're not going to make much, run OTR for more money and you'll be stuck out 3 weeks.
    No detention pay,
    No lay over pay,
    No dead head pay.

Advice to Management

Take care of you're drivers, .34 a mile doesn't keep drivers.

Mar 24, 2017 – Director of HR

Our drivers are our number one asset and we take caring for them very seriously. if you are not satisfied with anything to do with your employment please contact us immediately and we will work to... More