P2S Inc. Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated May 3, 2018

Full-timePart-time

4.9

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "The work environment has the latest equipment and software to enable you to do your best work possible" (in 10 reviews)

• "P2S Engineering is a great company" (in 6 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"P2S Checks All The Boxes"

Current Employee - Electrical Engineer in Long Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Electrical Engineer in Long Beach, CA

I have been working at P2S Inc. full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

My experience at P2S has surpassed my expectations. The knowledge of the engineering staff allowed me to develop my skillset over the years. The encouragement from senior management has pushed me to work on different types of projects. The career opportunities have provided me a path for my future with the company.

Some of the standout aspects of working at P2S include a great work/life balance, flexible schedule, half-day Fridays, social events (in-house and after hours), and an engaging company culture with various opportunities for people to get involved outside their usual day-to-day.

Kevin & Kent (owners) are involved in all aspects of the company and promote an open-door policy for everyone. Various programs give employees the tools they need to be successful, including the summer internship program, new hires onboarding program, and mentoring program. There is also a sense of community among our employees who collaborate across teams regularly.

Cons

Deadlines might require extra hours here and there, but it's not so bad when you can take a break to play ping pong in the game room.

Advice to Management

Provide client-facing opportunities for younger employees to continue the P2S reputation of excellent customer service.

May 19, 2018 – Human Resource Strategist

2. "Electrical Design Engineer"

Current Employee - Electrical Design Engineer in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Electrical Design Engineer in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at P2S Inc. full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Opportunities for advancement are available to all. Excellent benefits, flexible schedule if needed, and great office atmosphere. With 200+ employees the Petersons still maintain the small office environment.

Cons

The only cons are those that you would find in any firm that employs 200+ people.

May 19, 2018 – Human Resource Strategist

Thank you for the review and commitment to P2S over the years! We value your dedication and hard work. If you have any suggestions or feedback please reach out to Human Resources. We'd love to hear... More

3. "Great Place to Work"

I have been working at P2S Inc. full-time

Pros

The culture is very cohesive. Everyone gets along. There are many amenities that I have never had at another company like free snacks, a massage chair, gym with showers, a game room and lots of fun events

Cons

We could use more support staff

Advice to Management

Be mindful of the work loads of support staff

May 19, 2018 – Human Resource Strategist

P2S is very proud of the culture we have built! We are happy to see that you are enjoying the healthy snacks, our zen room, DOPE team events, etc! We hope you participate in our 2018 Fitness... More

4. "CEO Job Performance"

Current Employee - Bim Manager in Long Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Bim Manager in Long Beach, CA

I have been working at P2S Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The best reasons to work for a CEO like ours is the fact that you can walk into his office any day and any time to talk. Our CEO also speaks at our monthly company luncheons and shares the details of our company to all the staff. Our CEO also attends most of our P2S events and spends time with the staff.

Cons

I don't have any cons when it comes to my CEO.

Advice to Management

Keep up the hard and keep us growing.

May 19, 2018 – Human Resource Strategist

Thanks for sharing! Our leadership team values our company culture, employee experience, and growth of each person in the company! We have an open door policy, so stop by Kevin or Kent's office to... More

5. "Sr. Mech Eng"

I have been working at P2S Inc. full-time

Pros

Management gives us all the resources we need to do our work well.

Cons

High stress levels and demanding work load

Advice to Management

Continue to grow the company with emphasis on quality and integrity

May 19, 2018 – Human Resource Strategist

Thanks for the feedback! We hope you continue to take advantage of our training opportunities. At P2S, we encourage a work-life balance! We value your dedication to your work and our clients, we... More

6. "Keeping me motivated with great projects - Exciting times for sure!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

I have been working at P2S Inc. full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

P2S keeps me motivated with a variety of challenging and fun projects. Not to mention the focus on training and mentorship. I've done more training to stay current on industry advances and to improve my skills while at P2S than I did at all my previous employers combined.

Cons

None at this time, all good

Advice to Management

Consider expanding into additional commercial markets.

May 19, 2018 – Human Resource Strategist

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate your feedback! It is a top priority for P2S to provide our team with opportunities to learn, grow and achieve success. Thank you for... More

7. "Top CEO"

Current Employee - Group Leader in Long Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Group Leader in Long Beach, CA

I have been working at P2S Inc. full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Our CEO, Kevin Peterson, is absolutely the best I've ever worked for. First of all, he is here in the office when he is not travelling, so we see him on a daily basis. He participates in company activities like the Fitness Program, Holiday Gift Exchange, Halloween Costume contest, and Company Happy Hour events, so we get to interact with him in social settings. He is very approachable and you get the feeling that he cares about you as a person, and that you are not just a number or nameless staff member. Monthly, Kevin conducts a company-wide luncheon where he reviews the company's financials with the entire staff! This is not very common, in my experience, but his efforts to be honest and transparent is greatly appreciated. I have every confidence in Kevin's ability to steer P2S successfully in the near term and long term.

Cons

This may not seem like a "con", but our reputation and client relationships have resulted in record sales and growth, which requires tremendous effort to meet the increased volume of project deliverables. Basically, we're working extremely hard.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, and continue letting us know that we are doing a good job because we appreciate hearing it.

May 19, 2018 – Human Resource Strategist

Thank you for your feedback! It’s safe to say we have an incredible team of people here at P2S. We are so glad to hear you feel the same. Keep up the hard work!

8. "P2S"

I have been working at P2S Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing Support, friendly environment, almost unlimited resources! Company encourages training and research

Cons

Less than expected pay.
    Overtime does not impact time off

Advice to Management

I know its hard to get to know each and every individual in the company, but some people do feel underappreciated or feel favoritism because they don't have equal relationship with management. Overall I am happy to be working at P2S and am not going anywhere!

May 19, 2018 – Human Resource Strategist

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate your feedback. We’re sorry your experience at P2S did not match our intentions. Please reach out to our HR team if you would like to... More

9. "Amazing Company"

I have been working at P2S Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Great teams/working environment
    - Great culture
    - Fun activities

Cons

Need better pay, but for being HVAC industry it is decent

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work

May 19, 2018 – Human Resource Strategist

Your feedback will help us to improve, thank you for contributing to our team!

10. "Great company, great culture"

I have been working at P2S Inc. full-time

Pros

The culture at P2S is one of the best. Supportive team structures, happy hours, fitness events, meet and eats, after-hours socials, and comprehensive reviews with constructive feedback allow for high employee satisfaction and productivity. On the technical side, learning, teaching, and training opportunities are always supported and encouraged. The strong leadership is one of the largest reasons P2S is so successful.

Cons

So many bright minds striving for recognition!

May 19, 2018 – Human Resource Strategist

Thank you for sharing your experience with us! We really appreciate your feedback. Our management team has worked hard to provide a great engineering culture. Thank you for your continued hard work... More