P2S Inc. Reviews

Updated Apr 13, 2021

4.6
P2S Inc. President and CEO Kevin L. Peterson
Kevin L. Peterson
Pros
  • "P2S has a great work environment due to the intelligent and positive staff(in 20 reviews)

• "Great place to start for starting engineers(in 11 reviews)

• Cons
  • "long hours(in 4 reviews)

• "a lot of work, less time for your self(in 3 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Gender

This rating reflects the overall rating of P2S Inc. and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

great company

Mar 25, 2021 - Mechanical Design Engineer in Long Beach, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

great environment that expose you to all areas that you are interested in, fair pay, lovely co-workers and positive management team back you up all the time, work life balance

Cons

due to the project schedule, overtime work needed sometimes.

Senior Marketing Strategist

Thank you for the nice comments. We're glad to hear you enjoyed working with us and wish you the best in your career.

2. 4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Nice Place

Apr 13, 2021 - Design Engineer in Long Beach, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Training depends on who you work with if you're new to design. Can potentially be a great place

Cons

Some days/weeks you'll just be sitting there, other days/weeks you will be extremely busy.

Senior Marketing Strategist

Thank you for the constructive comments, we will take them into consideration moving forward. We wish you the best in your career!

3. 4.0
      Former Employee

Best Place to Work for Engineers

Oct 5, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

P2S is a great place to work for engineers. The leadership team is intentional about training and development for the engineers. The VP, Chief Engineer Officer is a great leader who focuses on training and developing his people in and out of the office. The CEO is one of the best CEOs. He is intentional about treating all employees well with great benefits (possibly the best) and also encourages professional development. Great culture and learning environment.

Cons

The accounting team works long hour days and does not receive the acknowledgement they deserve, unless the CFO favors you. They also cannot keep an HR person for over a year, it seems to be a revolving door. Wonder what (or who) is causing the high attrition... I would not want to be a part of the Accounting or the HR team here. If you have to report to the CFO I would reconsider. She not a good leader. She has been known to be manipulative and two faced. I sympathize for those that report directly to her, they constantly look like they are under a lot of pressure and are unhappy.

2 people found this review helpful

Senior Marketing Strategist

Thank you for your candid comments regarding your time with P2S. We appreciate that you value our focus on our staff development, support, and leadership. We acknowledge your thoughts on where you believe we can make organizational improvements. P2S leadership appreciates our outstanding accounting staff, led by our CFO of 16 years, and we are proud of our average 10+ years tenure in the department. We strive to consider all comments made as a constructive means to continually improve.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great company

Mar 12, 2021 - Electrical Designer/Engineer in Long Beach, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to work for. A lot of resources for help

Cons

Not that i know of

Senior Marketing Strategist

Thanks for your nice comments! We're happy to see that you enjoy working at P2S and find help when needed.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee

Amazing place to work at!

Feb 8, 2021 - Design Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Has an amazing group of leaders with a great focus on knowledge and further personal development

Cons

have had no issues at all

Senior Marketing Strategist

Thank you for your comments, we're glad you're happy with work and our leadership. We will work toward both your and our continued growth.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

I am so happy here!

Jan 5, 2021 - Electrical Design Engineer in Long Beach, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people really care, every one is super nice and friendly, great working environment, handled pandemic extremely well, great benefits

Cons

Some people are hard to get a hold of (very few are like this)

Senior Marketing Strategist

Thank you for your comments. We hope you continue to enjoy working with P2S.

7. 2.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

If you don’t care about money and value half day Fridays over everything else, this is the company for you

Jan 3, 2021 - Electrical Design Engineer in Long Beach, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Half day Fridays every week

Cons

While the company stresses amazing company culture and benefits, what this means in reality is that they will low ball you on salary in exchange for half day Fridays - which even then most employees other than brand new juniors end up working much longer than just 4 hours on Friday. Lower salary, the bottom estimate you see on Glassdoor is the max possible amount you will make year one. Forces new grads to work as interns for 3 months (getting intern pay) despite already having their degree and prior internships, this reduces your 12 month gross way below market rates (subtract $10k from the lower bound of salary estimate on Glassdoor and this is what you will gross best case scenario year 1). Project flow is heavily group dependent. If you are hired into an underperforming group request to transfer or make friends with seniors who have solid project flow ASAP otherwise you will be SOL come bonus and promotion time. Lack of internship structure, high HR turnover, etc. If you are an engineering grad with a 3.5+ GPA don’t waste your time with this company as almost every other company offer you receive will be vastly superior. Most of the “engineers” who have been here a while are from community colleges with abysmal GPA’s which should tell you everything you need to know. Company prides themselves on innovation but the only innovative thing is finding new ways to nickel and dime employees to save costs by under paying employees. 401(k) vesting schedule is laughable taking 7 years for 100% vest at 20% a year with 0% the first year. Limited options within 401(k) plan basically picking between crummy mutual funds or a basic index fund.

4 people found this review helpful

Senior Marketing Strategist

Thank you for your candid observations and concerns. We regret that you were hired during COVID-19 when most were working remotely and that your position was eliminated after five months. Of course, we are sorry you feel the way you do regarding our work culture, which you were not able to experience fully due to the pandemic. Regarding internships, P2S offers paid internships and strives to immerse interns in the AEC industry. At the conclusion of their time with us, we offer full-time positions to the best candidates, many of whom have built long careers with us. In regard to salary, along with competitive salaries based on industry salary surveys, P2S offers many professional benefits with paid industry memberships, travel to conferences and seminars, and on-going training for career advancement. P2S is also proud to offer an enriched benefits package including 13 paid holidays that benchmarks in the top tier among other AEC industry firms. We do our best to recognize individuals whose standards and performance align with our company values and business goals. P2S encourages our employees to reach their full potential and continue their professional growth through employee engagement, mentorships, training, and professional memberships. We value your feedback and wish you success in your future career.

8. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Okay

Feb 24, 2021 - Electrical Design Engineer in Long Beach, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

The Owners try to make it a good overall company for all employees and care about the Clients.

Cons

Each subgroup operates different. Your experience will depend on the group you work for and who you report to.

Senior Marketing Strategist

Thank you for your comments, we're glad that you appreciate that we care for you and our clients. Feel free to speak to your group leader if you have any questions or concerns regarding your work. They will be open to hear your ideas.

9. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 10 years

Leading MEP firm in so cal

Feb 24, 2021 - Senior Project Engineer in Long Beach, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great company to work for, great benefits

Cons

Some long hours, mentoring is limited at times

Senior Marketing Strategist

Thank you for your positive assessment of P2S. We wish you the best in your further endeavors.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Ambitious company focused on constant improvement

Oct 11, 2019 - Fire Protection Design Engineer in Long Beach, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

P2S is always pursuing ways to improve the experience of both clients and employees. Not only does the company push itself at a high level; but they also make a detailed effort to push the employees further in our technical advancement. I've never been more motivated nor supported in my professional and technical development. Here, nobody gets left out of opportunities to thrive in their career. It is also a diverse workplace with people of many different backgrounds and nationalities. There is also a whole team dedicated to planning a wide variety of events throughout the year that boost morale, camaraderie, and even physical health. There is strong collaborative atmosphere, and it is easy to join forces and work in groups to tackle larger challenges. You don't get left alone on complicated problems. Overall, this is a great place to work where you feel like a valuable part of the company's vision.

Cons

With a company that is always trying to be ahead of the game on new developments and challenges, it can be occasionally difficult to keep up with everything that is happening. In time, you get used to the rhythm and pace here, and this becomes easier. There are good number of project managers here and they all have their own personal style. It takes a little bit of adapting to grasp the different expectations from each PM. Not everybody is as hands-on with project management and sometimes you have to do extra work to stay on track.

Senior Marketing Strategist

Thank you for your review and we are happy to hear that you appreciate the camaraderie and offerings at P2S. We work on many high-profile projects, which means in order to fulfill the needs of our clients, quite often the pace increases. To help our PMs and ultimately the support staff, we offer PM training and certification in order to make the workflow more efficient. We continuously strive to improve the integration of our management structure as we grow in size as an organization. Thank you for your advice.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 108 Reviews