PA Cyber Reviews | Glassdoor

PA Cyber Reviews

Updated Dec 20, 2017

Found 16 reviews

2.6
PA Cyber CEO Dr. Mike Conti (no image)
Dr. Mike Conti

I have been working at PA Cyber

Pros

Great place to work Everyone is very friendly and helpful. they are most interested in what is best for the students. Great health care.

Cons

The Low salary is a bummer.

PA Cyber2016-01-23

Current Employee - Teacher in Midland, PA

I have been working at PA Cyber full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I was given the opportunity to work with fabulous coworkers, parents and students. I felt very blessed for a short while.

Cons

PA Cybers board, ceo and management are beyond corrupt. For them it is about money, power and greed! They push to enroll as many students as they can for the money even though they know we do not have the staff and equipment to serve them properly. The CEO has only a political background with ZERO educational experience. He collects his HEFTY salarly doing absolutely nothing, while working staff to the bone ! Their... favorite saying is that PA Cyber is family... if that is true, i want a divorce!!! i have never seen people treated so poorly, so over worked and severely under appreciated! The employees come to work early, stay late, work on weekends, attend over night work trips and forego lunch breaks to get the job done. The "management" smiles politely and takes credit for all of it! Absolutley DISGUSTING!!! Management does a fantastic job at taking care of each other....kudos... i have never come across such a bunch of vile, narcissistic people in my life!

Advice to Management

Smile now and collect your checks, but one day you will reap what you sow......karma. As for advice I have none; Remember you already know it all... (sarcasm)

PA Cyber2017-12-20

"Unbelievable what they did to me"

Current Employee - Service Desk Manager in Midland, PA

I have been working at PA Cyber full-time for less than a year

Pros

Benefits are covered by the employer, free parking, salary, extra money for a masters degree, good restaurants near by, no traffic

Cons

Leadership in IT, treat people horribly, not professional, show favoritism, have no problem firing people, lied during the interview, put people on probation in a minutes notice, rude, uncaring, worst experience of my entire professional career.

Advice to Management

They hired me on June 15 and called me in on June 23 to say it's not working out. I never got a chance. The staff on the service desk are nothing but whistle blowers and sellouts. The leadership is cruel, non-caring, and horrible. The hiring process was only 2 weeks and they said the fit was wrong in a week. My son goes to school there too. The CEO needs to address these issues and soon.

PA Cyber2017-06-24

"Office manager"

Office Manager in Erie, PA

I have been working at PA Cyber for more than 3 years

Pros

working in education with students

Cons

Operates as a business instead of a school.

PA Cyber2016-09-13

"Horrible Morale"

Former Employee - Former Teacher in Midland, PA

I worked at PA Cyber full-time

Pros

nice coworkers, flexibility to work from home

Cons

horrible bosses, horrible management, no rules or standards for students

Advice to Management

Fire Management

PA Cyber2016-05-26

I worked at PA Cyber full-time

Pros

Worked with some really great students and families. Co workers were very supportive and helpful.

Cons

Administration micromanaged a lot of unnecessary things. Instead of supporting students more the focus was on the number of students and not what the students were learning. The curriculum was outdated and being written by teachers with no curriculum background.

Advice to Management

Stop micromanaging, giving promotions to unqualified people because they will just go with the flow and not question anything being done.

PA Cyber2016-03-07

"Great Place to Work for Teachers!"

Teacher in Midland, PA

I have been working at PA Cyber

Pros

PA Cyber enables teachers to meet with students who really need the extra attention. Every day, you get the chance to really make a difference in your students' lives. This is a company with amazing teachers, fair pay (though it could be better), and excellent benefits.

Cons

We have a school board that is appointed, not elected, so they hire management that will not think for themselves, but will obey their every whim. The teachers and most principals care deeply about what's best for the kids, but the head of the school cares about himself and his enormous paycheck.

Advice to Management

We need a CEO who actually has a degree and substantial experience in education. Our current CEO lacks these things and has treated current and former employees unkindly or with indifference. He appears to follow everything the school board says, because they hired him, and the school board is appointed, so they're not worried about losing their spots. All of this is a problem. Management also needs to communicate... with the staff better.

PA Cyber2016-01-04

"Administrative Assistant"

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Wexford, PA

I worked at PA Cyber full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

On-line independent work no micro managing excellent PTO & benefits

Cons

inability to compromise in many areas

Advice to Management

learn to soften your rigidity

PA Cyber2015-09-05

"Poor work environment/management"

Former Employee - Help Desk

I worked at PA Cyber full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great co-workers that cared a lot about each other

Cons

Extremely poor management with minimal efforts to make changes Low salary

Advice to Management

A lot of people in this organization are unhappy with extreme low morale. As management - you really need to figure out how to make them happier.

PA Cyber2014-11-03

"Great environment but no room to grow"

I have been working at PA Cyber full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I adore my coworkers. I am allowed a lot of independence and allotted many opportunities to be creative in my approach to assigned tasks

Cons

Without a teaching certificate, there is little room to advance. Working in a career like this, you will always be worried about job security and whether or not the charters will be renewed.

PA Cyber2014-03-08