PA Leadership Charter School Reviews | Glassdoor

3.5
Jim Hanak

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Quality Education"

I have been working at PA Leadership Charter School full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of professional development opportunities.
    Great benefits (Health and Paid Time Off).
    Room to grow within the organization.

Cons

There are no cons to review. Overall great place to work.

Advice to Management

Keep moving forward as an organization. Great to work for a growing school.

Oct 30, 2017 – Director of Marketing

Thank you for your review. Our goal is to always grow, and to evaluate how we can improve every year.

2. "Good place to start"

Former Employee - Teacher, Secondary School
    Former Employee - Teacher, Secondary School

I worked at PA Leadership Charter School full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Exposed to lots of tech tools and pd for online education. Do your job and administration leaves you alone. Flexible schedule for those with children.

Cons

Unfortunately, low pay rate and high employee turnover including administration. The cubes are dark and you can feel isolated. High classroom numbers.

Oct 30, 2017 – Director of Marketing

Thank you for your review. We wish you the very best in your future endeavors.

3. "The Emperor's New Clothes"

Pros

I guess the benefits are decent.

Cons

Too many to name in this format.

Advice to Management

The CEO is basically the emperor in the children's short story "The Emperor's New Clothes". After a short conversation with him you will find that he has very little substance at all. I guess fortunately for him he has others around, who move the school forward.

Oct 2, 2017 – Director of Marketing

Thank you for the review. PA Leadership has grown every year since it's inception with both enrollments and faculty.

4. "Great place"

I worked at PA Leadership Charter School full-time

Pros

It's great place to work

Cons

None. Great place to work.

5. "Marketing Assistant"

Current Employee - Marketing Assistant in West Chester, PA
    Current Employee - Marketing Assistant in West Chester, PA

I have been working at PA Leadership Charter School full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Positive work environment, Hands-on administration

Cons

The cyber environment is constantly changing, but PALCS is always ahead of the curve

May 5, 2017 – Director of Marketing

Thank you so much for your review.

6. "Leadership Center Project Coordinator"

Current Employee - Teacher in West Chester, PA
    Current Employee - Teacher in West Chester, PA

I have been working at PA Leadership Charter School full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Flexible hours, good pay, collegial work environment

Cons

Unfortunately, technology driven companies do not do a good job of assigning work loads. They are always balancing new technology with individual ability and aptitude.

Advice to Management

Pick a systemic technology learning platform, and resist change until an annual evaluation.

"Charter School World"

I worked at PA Leadership Charter School full-time

Pros

The people you work with there are all teachers who are willing to go the extra mile to help their kids. Everyone was very kind and the work environment was laid back.

Cons

Uncertainty of the school's position especially with the local politics and the NCLB Act. No real room for growth as the school's budget can be limited from time to time.

"Full time employee"

Pros

I like the flexible schedule, the benefit package, hardworking teachers and administrators.

Cons

Changing technology makes for a need to constantly learn new methods of instruction.

9. "PALCS really does make it possible!"

Pros

I am a PALCS staff member. From my first day on, I witnessed not only PALCS’s commitment to serving our students and families according to their unique needs and situations but also to giving each employee a unique opportunity in a unique educational setting. Each day I have come into work, I still see PALCS cultivating the individual and providing an environment (both professional and educational) that produces personal growth and success. No, I cannot say that PALCS compares to traditional schools due our school’s cyber nature and authorized charter, but our services and options benefit those who cannot blossom to their full potential in traditional margins.

Brought into the school’s booming success from day one, I can tell that PALCS is doing really well. I know that enrollment is already up by 10% for next school year. And, I understand that PALCS provided wage increases to all and back bonuses to many employees this spring. Overall, I am thrilled to belong to and participate in PALCS’s effort to keep our school a progressive, proactive, inspiring, and enriching educational venture for all of our members—staff, students, and families included.

Cons

I know that no workplace is without fault or problems, and PALCS is no exception. We’ve suffered hard times due to economic downturn, legislative cuts, and academic fluctuations, but we do the best we can as a non-profit educational organization to meet and exceed the needs of our PALCS family. From my experience, my co-workers make each individual—a student, teacher, child, parent, assistant, or director—their priority, pursuit, and passion.

Advice to Management

Whether someone is a part of faculty or family, keep helping each individual to reach his or her personal goals and potential. Continue to foster enrichment and betterment for each individual and our community. Strive for the friendly and flourishing atmosphere that we’ve achieved each school year thus far.

"Funny how positive reviews come on the heals of negative ones, hmm?"

Former Employee - Employee in West Chester, PA
    Former Employee - Employee in West Chester, PA

I worked at PA Leadership Charter School full-time

Pros

Pro: Working for this school makes you question yourself in terms of future goals, emotional and mental breaking points, and how much you can turn a blind eye to in order to get a paycheck.

Cons

1. This business is HORRIBLE at financial management. Dont blame the accounts payable employee - they pay what they are told they are allowed to pay, and then have to deal with all the calls from vendors demanding payments.

2. Employees and students are replaceable - that is the overarching truth for this place.

3. Management deludes themselves in believing that it is only a handful of employees who are unhappy or angry.

Advice to Management

No advice. You've been given the advice before by others, and don't pay any mind to it.

May 5, 2017 – Director of Marketing

Thank you for the review. The financial structure of the organization is very stable and we welcome any requests to learn more. All vendors are paid within the terms agreed.
    40% of our staff have... More