KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

PAM Transport

Is this your company?

PAM Transport

Add a Review

PAM Transport Employee Reviews about "low pay"

Updated Jan 11, 2021

Found 19 of over 228 reviews

2.9
PAM Transport President and CEO  Joe Vitiritto
Joe Vitiritto
Pros
  • "Good equipment, Good Driver managers(in 11 reviews)

• "I learned how messed up the trucking industry is(in 5 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Weekend dispatch works barely to none, leaving you stuck on the weekends(in 26 reviews)

• "Feast or famine, low pay per mile(in 19 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of PAM Transport and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "low pay"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 4.0
      Current Employee

Good starting company

Nov 29, 2020 - Class A Cdl Truck Driver in Irving, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

New equipment, nice terminals, plenty of miles

Cons

Low pay rate, forced dispatch

2. 3.0
      Current Employee

Get in and get out

Jan 11, 2021 - Class A Truck Driver in Dallas, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Teach you how to drive.

Cons

Stuck driving for them on their terms until contract is over. Low pay for your first year.

3. 2.0
      Former Employee

Not a place for experienced drivers

Jan 8, 2021 - Driver in München, Bavaria, Bayern
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good experience for a rookie

Cons

Low pay and bad management

4. 3.0
      Former Employee

Good start for experience, highly demanding and rarely promote within

Mar 18, 2019 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good start to an office career. A lot to learn.

Cons

Highly demanding and low pay. Management treats you like a child and micro-manages. Rarely promote within.

5. 2.0

Starter company

Aug 24, 2019 - Class A Truck Driver
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to start your career

Cons

Feast or famine, low pay per mile

6. 1.0

Driver

Mar 9, 2019 - Driver in Decatur, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Newer trucks (that’s about it)

Cons

Low pay rude and incompetent dispatchers pooly ran company but mostly once you sign the school contract they think they can pay below minimum wage .currently not making a living wage

2 people found this review helpful
    7. 1.0

I have been

May 2, 2019 - Company Driver
      Business Outlook

Pros

Only dedicated lane you can make little mileage per week

Cons

Low pay , low mileage and poor management

8. 1.0
      Former Employee

Worst Job ever, Empty Promises, Dangerous, refused to put self into dangerous situations so i was terminated on the spot

Apr 20, 2015 - Former Driver in Toledo, OH
      Business Outlook

Pros

There are no Pros to working at Pam transportation! It is an absolute waste of time, money, and could put you into a very dangerous situation! I am a Former employee and got terminated for refusing to put myself into an extremely dangerous situation

Cons

Low Pay, Lots of wait time, not gaurenteed miles, almost no home time(i got maybe 6 days in 6 months of driving with them) after i got home to see my girlfriend i decided to tell the company about my experience with the horrible driving partner i had, and i refused to get back on the truck with him for fear of my own life, at that moment they made another empty promise to me and said that it is fully in my right not to get back on the truck with that driver and they will work to get me another truck or partner, so instead of sending me out to drive again, i end up sitting at home waiting and trying to get info from them, only to find out 2 MONTHS later that i had been terminated the day i refused to get back on the truck, they also never payed a fair amount, i maybe made about 250-300 a week for 70 hours of work, which is far below minimum wage, PAM is currently in a lawsuit about this aswell and isnt doing anything to make up for it.

2 people found this review helpful
    9. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Running for a Year

Jan 5, 2016 - OTR Truck Driver in Charlotte, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Daytime dispatch is okay at doing their jobs. They do try to keep you moving if at all possible. Keeps food in my mouth for the time being. Good equipment (I have had 2 2015 International Prostars)

Cons

Night dispatch is a joke to say the least, they don't know there bum from a hole in the ground. Each and everytime you enter Texas on or near the weekend there is a good chance you will be sitting all weekend waiting for a load (This also happens with other companies not just PAM) Very low pay in the first year, and not so good pay after. .25cpm just gets you buy.

1 person found this review helpful
    10. 2.0

Awful

Nov 9, 2017 - Driver in Oak Creek, WI
      Business Outlook

Pros

The free training. Other then that absolutely nothing at all. Run fast run hard run run run run run run

Cons

Worst pay, only 17 cents per mile if you are a team driver. I am away from my family 24/6. My paychecks after taxes are usually 400 per week. My family cannot survive on this. It's not worth it. Because I am OTR I am in my truck 24/6 it is horrible. Even when I am not driving I am in cab just bored out of my mind. I don't know how this company gets away with such low pay. We should get paid as long as we are in the truck. It's not our fault if we get stuck waiting for a load for days and only getting paid 20 bucks a day to sit there. Worst company ever to work for.

6 people found this review helpful