KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

PAM Transport

Is this your company?

PAM Transport

Add a Review

PAM Transport Employee Reviews about "trucking industry"

Updated Oct 5, 2020

Found 5 of over 228 reviews

2.9
PAM Transport President and CEO  Joe Vitiritto
Joe Vitiritto
Pros
  • "Good equipment, Good Driver managers(in 11 reviews)

• "I learned how messed up the trucking industry is(in 5 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Weekend dispatch works barely to none, leaving you stuck on the weekends(in 26 reviews)

• "Feast or famine, low pay per mile(in 19 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of PAM Transport and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "trucking industry"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 3.0
      Former Contractor, more than 1 year

PAM is an okay starter company.

Mar 17, 2017 - OTR Driver in Tontitown, AR
      Business Outlook

Pros

Pays for schooling if you're looking to get a foothold in the trucking industry. The pay is solid if you want to get into HAZMAT.

Cons

Doesn't reimburse you if you have your own truck. The driver managers are only looking out for themselves. You have to work there for a year to not have to pay for school. One of the lowest paying companies in the industry.

2. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Total scam

Oct 5, 2020 - Driver in Tontitown, AR
      Business Outlook

Pros

I learned how messed up the trucking industry is.

Cons

Advertised 60k annual income, the reality was more like 28k, and after taxes and deductions for training etc, I netted about 18k. Keep in mind, I almost never took offtime. I was averaging 52-70 hours a week, driving in recovered time, etc. I did the math and the hourly rate was around $6.48 net. Besides the awful pay, they don’t really treat you very good. Outright ignoring off-time requests Leaving you hanging in the middle of nowhere with no loads for days at a time Sometimes refusing to pay you at all (I had a week when my truck was down, and they refused to give me down pay) No room to grow, no upward mobility, no pay raises Don’t work here

3. 3.0
      Former Employee

OTR/Dedicated Route Driver

Mar 23, 2016 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

PAM is a good avenue to get started and gain valuable experience in the trucking industry. If you go through their CDL school (thru Driver Solutions), you'll be obligated to driver for them for a total of one year. 6 months of that could be team driving. They will deduct $45 a week for a year for a total of $1995.00. If you bail out or get fired you will owe $6000.00 to Driver Solutions, so be sure of what you doing, it's just like signing for a bank loan. After bonuses, your net cost can be as low as $795.00 for your license. Plus, you'll have 1 year experience driving and a years worth of pay. I stayed there 2 1/2 years,gained invaluable experience and saved a bit of cash. You have to be dedicated to stay out and running. They appreciate a positive attitude and will try to keep you busy. Try to approach problems with a professional attitude and they'll respond as such. Good Equipment....although the Prostars aren't as bulletproof as the Freightliners. Shops are usually always busy, so you might spend a day or so waiting, depends on what the truck needs are. If you prove to be responsible, reliable and keep complaints to a minimum, you'll do fine. This is OTR trucking, so don't expect to get home any time you wish. 1 day off earned for each week out (4 days total). The pay is on the low side compared to industry standards. But remember, you need experience to better yourself. Note: best advice that I got was to stay with your first company at least a year or longer, looks good for your next job and you'll gain that much more experience. OTR is not for a lot of folks who think they can do it and you'll pay your "dues" but in the long run it pays off. Being a driver takes a commitment and if your married or have children at home, have a concrete understanding with them before you do it. PAM offers good and a affordable insurance as well as other benefits. Remember, if your looking to get a start...this is who I went with and I'd do it again. It paid off for me and they wanted me back as well. Drive safe, be professional, and Good Luck.

Cons

Pay needs to be increased, for new drivers as well as drivers who would like to stay but need to go elsewhere because of pay gap compared to 90% of the rest of the industry.

7 people found this review helpful
    4. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Really not a bad company

Feb 19, 2017 - Owner Operator
      Business Outlook

Pros

Opportunity to get training , foot in the door in the trucking industry. Be a reliable driver and they will run you well. Lazy driver you will get what you put in to it. They have been a decent company to work for, for me.

Cons

Yes there pay is lower than many, but your 1st year not too many out there are going to pay well. Do your year which covers the cost of your training so you dont have to pay back the tuition. Then move on somewhere else.

3 people found this review helpful
    5. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Decent culture, stressful, not much room for growth

Aug 14, 2018 - Load Planner in Springdale, AR
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people there are great. Annual Christmas party and golf tournament are fun. Learned a lot about the trucking industry. I did here they restructured since I left so room for advancement may be better now. My manager was good but does expect a lot (as he should).

Cons

The job is stressful. You do the same thing everyday. Not a lot of room for growth. I had the same job as people who had been the 10-20 years (a lot of those people got laid off). Outdated technology. Got fat from sitting 9 hours a day. Wouldnt get me a stand up desk (I hear they hsve them now; like to think i stsrted the revolution).

Viewing 1 - 5 of 5 English Reviews