PAREXEL Reviews in London, England | Glassdoor

PAREXEL Chairman and CEO Josef H. von Rickenbach
Josef H. von Rickenbach

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • As a decentralized employee, work / life balance is sometimes a challenge (in 61 reviews)

• Upper management needs to get it together or they will lose the people that actually keep the clients satisfied (in 32 reviews)

1. "Project Management in PAREXEL"

Former Intern - Project Management Administration Assistant in London, England (UK)

I worked at PAREXEL as an intern (More than a year)

Pros

Lots of support from middle management and team, good progression opportunities, lots of opportunity for lateral moves.

Cons

Very high workload at times, a lot of overtime is required (unpaid, with time in lieu)

2. "operations manager"

Current Employee - Operations Manager in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in London, England (UK)

Pros

good staff
    good benifits and managers

Cons

no life work ballance, toxic work environment

Advice to Management

stop letting people go

3. "Great company but with 'old boys' culture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I have been working at PAREXEL full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Flexibility in work, mostly great, dedicated colleagues with great expertise and commitment. PAREXEL's global footprint means working in a culturally diverse organization with great potential.

Cons

I have witnessed and been subject of harassment and inappropriate behavior by various very senior leaders in the organization. This includes but is not limited to repeated requests for dates, lewd, suggestive comments, as well as unwanted touching. These incidents are not limited to my person only, nor are they isolated incidents. It is unfortunate this 'boys-will-be-boys' culture is condoned and has not been addressed. My attempt to use the external site provided to report ethical concerns failed as using this site is impossible from my region. I am instead asked to report to my management which I have done but it has not resulted in any action. However, in case of ethical-financial concerns I am provided with a direct phone number.

Advice to Management

1. Establish a proper platform for anonymous reporting, 2. Re-examine organizational culture at the leadership level. The once-a-year leadership self-assessments say nothing about what really happens at the senior level of the organization, 3. A lot of good work has been done. The company could leverage the diversity and inclusion, HR and organizational development platforms to shape a real 'high performing' culture starting at the most senior levels of the organization.

PAREXEL Response

Sep 29, 2017

Thank you for providing this feedback. PAREXEL does not tolerate any form of harassment or discrimination in the workplace. All of our locations have policies in place prohibiting sexual... More

"Benefits are not too bad. But employee moral low"

Former Employee - Customer Service in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Customer Service in London, England (UK)

I worked at PAREXEL full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

They give standard benefits, such as health care, dental and pension

Cons

Their version of employee rewards are not rewards at all. Too top heavy, too many chiefs and not enough Indians

Advice to Management

Stop looking after yourselves and look after employees. Everything is metrics driven. They would rather cut employees and get one person to do 4 people's work and they wonder why people are over worked, But they get their bonus, so they don't care

5. "Thumbs up for PAREXEL"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I have been working at PAREXEL full-time (More than a year)

Pros

good people, fair workload, easy to move to other departments if you wish, great training opportunities. You are welcome to share your ideas anytime or voice your concerns.

Cons

Progression as a CRA can take a lot of time, systems are trashy and poorly designed (Datalabs is overly complex for no reason and IMPACT is not very intuitive, at all).

Advice to Management

get some resources into streamlining the current systems and update the laptops for god's sake.

PAREXEL Response

Jan 13, 2017

Thank you for your feedback and your contributions to making PAREXEL a great place to work. I will share your feedback with our IT group. I hope you also are sharing any suggestions for improvement... More

"Anonymous"

Former Employee - Anonymous in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Anonymous in London, England (UK)

I worked at PAREXEL (More than 8 years)

Pros

Friendly people. Opportunity to learn a lot and share your ideas. Great location,

Cons

Too many fast paced changes, lack of transparency from upper management, Unrealistic expectations.

Advice to Management

Be more transparent. Promote the talent already there.

"Director"

Former Employee - Director in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Director in London, England (UK)

Pros

Flexible working. Good colleagues. Opportunities to work in different areas.

Cons

Salaries are not as high for staff that have showed loyalty .

Advice to Management

Need to keep the salaries up with the competition.

"It all depends on your department"

Former Employee - Senior Java Developer in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Senior Java Developer in London, England (UK)

I worked at PAREXEL full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Convenient location, decent pay, good physical working environment. Can be good work-life balance depending on your project/management/department. Depending on your goals, it can be a great place to coast.

Cons

Beware: they do screen monitoring of every single employee despite what they say in their handbook (with playback feature, of course). Dishonest. Parexel is a package-company: they purchase a lot of software packages; no problem with that, in my view, but if you're hired because you're an excellent Java developer, you should be informed you won't do any Java work at all, but Rather Pega or Informatica or whatever. Very dishonest.

Advice to Management

You expect employees to be honest. Then, be honest with them.

9. "Great Technical Training"

Current Employee - Manager in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Manager in London, England (UK)

I have been working at PAREXEL full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Highly entrepreneurial, still run by the founder, global in outlook and fast to move on new opportunities.

Cons

A bit cheap for consultants - not very good at rewarding project teams outside of the sales team.

Advice to Management

Sales team are pretty lazy, compared to technical talent, but they get rewarded more, that doesn't make sense

10. "PAREXEL CRA Employee Review"

Current Employee - Project Specialist in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Project Specialist in London, England (UK)

I have been working at PAREXEL full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Large structure allows pretty decent development across different departments should you want to move around.

Cons

Goal post changing is frequent, but i guess that is due to clients changing expectations and not PXL management.

Advice to Management

Stick to a management structure and hierarchy, so much chopping and changing is too traumatic.

Showing 17 of 1,095 reviews