PAREXEL Reviews in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
PAREXEL Chairman and CEO Josef H. von Rickenbach
Josef H. von Rickenbach

Pros
Cons
  • As a decentralized employee, work / life balance is sometimes a challenge (in 58 reviews)

• Only upper management seems to understand how it's supposed to work (in 30 reviews)

"Would not recommend this as a CRO of choice"

Former Employee - Human Resources Associate in Uxbridge, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Human Resources Associate in Uxbridge, England (UK)

I worked at PAREXEL full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people to work with

Cons

You are expected to work very long hours with very little reward or recognition. Top management do not seem to have a clear vision.

Advice to Management

Involve your employees - you may just learn something!

"Company Passed Its Prime"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Nottingham, England (UK)

I have been working at PAREXEL full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Excellent benefits package. You'll struggle to find benefits this good elsewhere.
    A relaxed view on work. Staff are trusted to get the job done so there is little meddling in work.

Money is no object - some of the best software on the market has been bought in.

Cons

Ridiculous job titles - nothing to distinguish a degree educated professional software engineer with years of experience, with that of a script kiddy with no practical software development experience.

Absolutely no commercial pressures. Deadlines are things set, because they probably should have them, not because they're needed or ever stuck to.

Do as you please - there seems to be no cohesive plan for how me minions can benefit the company. PAREXEL seems intent on letting us do our thing & when it's broke, they'll buy a new company & run that one into the ground.

Advice to Management

Either sort out the appraisal process or scrap it. It's supposed to be so we all working to achieve the same goals. Right now we make up objectives at the end of the year to justify what we've done.

Stop employing non-productive employees (project managers, business analysts, directors, VP's) & employee some developers. You might get something done then.

"There is a reason for why HERON PAREXEL has experienced two years of mass exits. Avoid."

Former Employee - Associate
    Former Employee - Associate

I worked at PAREXEL full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There were many skilled people at HERON PAREXEL when I started but unfortunately all have left or are considering leaving

Cons

Low salaries, limited opportunity for professional development, poor management, much overtime

Advice to Management

PAREXEL needs to benchmark salaries against the market and improve the standard of their management team

"Parexhell"

Former Employee - Research & Development in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Research & Development in London, England (UK)

Pros

Good benefits and external sponsors.

Cons

Very bad working environment and management in the NPU-UK.
    Gossip, rumours, lies, backstabbing, mediocrity. Management only interested in profit above anything else. High turnover of employees. The values claimed buy the company are nonexistent. Can't comment on CEO or other branches.

Advice to Management

Please change bussiness.

"Avoid at all costs"

I worked at PAREXEL full-time

Pros

Nice people and fairly flexible with hours but it comes at a price...

Cons

Horrendous corporate environment and politics. No regard for the welfare of employees and will burn you out with stupidly long hours, ignore your ideas and make sure your transferable skills are compromised. If you are a graduate, please do not bother with this place, they will ruin you and there are much better companies out there. This place has no common sense and will probably pay the price one day!

Advice to Management

Upper management rule the roost and do not care what anyone says and won't listen to any sensible advice. Line managers are reasonable but have no power whatsoever.

7. "CRA"

Former Employee - CRA in Uxbridge, England (UK)
    Former Employee - CRA in Uxbridge, England (UK)

I worked at PAREXEL full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good environment, supportive colleagues, not stressful, good international teams and Communication, good discounts and benefits, quite good canteen, flexible working hours

Cons

Poor management: lack of experience in management, don't look at the quality of work only at metrics, don't help, when you ask for help, no carrier opportunities and progression, salary can be 10.000 difference for the same role, hiring a lot if EU ppl to save on their salary.

Advice to Management

Most of the management needs to be replaced, there are only few good managers. Company culture and values are not in place.

"silo-working"

I have been working at PAREXEL full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

location, international environment, dynamic, some good technologies

Cons

in some departments a culture of favouritism predominates

"Bad place to be"

I worked at PAREXEL full-time

Pros

Nice people there
    Good salaries
    Good training offered

Cons

They dont care about the employees, and the management constantly make poor decisions.. which leads to us losing or jobs

Advice to Management

Get some new managers !

"Very frustrating place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Nottingham, England (UK)

Pros

The benefits package is excellent, with a "cafeteria style" system that lets you pick what you want from a selection. The salary is ok. We've had reasonable pay rises, but that seems to vary across depts.

Cons

In 1 word PAREXEL. Our corporate overlords have instilled an unhelpful attitude in all their minions. This leads to level over non-cooperation, people unwilling to be flexible, lack of people willing to take the initiative & so-one.

I'm left feeling like I'm the only who cares about my job. I get no feedback from management. It takes 6 months to decide what my goals are for the year and then I have to decide what they are.

Advice to Management

You need to encourage your line managers & staff to take the initiative & to take responsibility for what they do. They need to be told, ironically, that they are not mindless automatons, only following orders.

"Fighting inefficiency with extreme workload"

I have been working at PAREXEL full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lots of nice colleagues. Good salary and benefits.

Cons

This might not apply to all projects but all I could see was extremely under-resourced projects set up in a hurry, using ridiculously useless systems and inefficient processes. You chose between excess overtime (which is not recognized, but considered default) or failure to comply and manage your tasks.

Advice to Management

Why not hire twice as many employees for half the salary and give them 8 hours of work a day instead of 16?