PAYDAY Workforce Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

1. "Make an impact"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA

I worked at PAYDAY Workforce Solutions full-time

Pros

Good technology for the clients, you can give your input and make a difference, it's a growing company. They promote from within and a lot of people have grown with the company over the years. The management team cares a lot about their people.

Cons

Busy season is December & January.

Oct 4, 2018 – HR Administrator

We are glad you had a positive experience working at PAYDAY without experiencing any growing pains through our expansion. Thanks for choosing us to play a role in your career, our company wouldn’t be... More

2. "Awesome team, great culture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA

I have been working at PAYDAY Workforce Solutions full-time

Pros

Working at PAYDAY has been a great experience so far. I really love the positive culture and environment. All my ideas and anything I need from management and other employees are respected. Since it is a smaller company, it feels family-friendly. Everyone is always helping each other, encouraging ideas and open to any feedback to improve the company as a whole. Management really cares to put your goals in mind and to help you get where you want to be by providing you with the right tools and training

Cons

There are no cons thus far.

Advice to Management

Keep up the hard work and continue doing what you’re doing for your employees.

Oct 1, 2018 – HR Administrator

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback for PAYDAY. We are glad to hear you enjoy working with the team and we are happy management is supportive of your goals. We value your hard work and... More

3. ""Difference between success & failure, is a good team"...like Payday's!"

I have been working at PAYDAY Workforce Solutions full-time

Pros

What I especially like about working at Payday is the support you receive from the management and leadership team to succeed. All staff members have unique skills and knowledge and experience to provide to you and the success of our company, as well and it's great to be able to count on others when needed. I really enjoy the opportunity I have here to expand my horizons and learn from others too! Very excited to know that within Payday, the opportunities are endless...and the support is tremendous. Excited to keep growing and gaining more skills and experience, both in my professional and personal life.

Cons

None to report...nice office, friendly faces, your input matters here and that's another pro. You CAN and you WILL make a difference here. Also, management cares about your work/life balance. VERY IMPORTANT for those of us with a life outside of work. :p

Oct 4, 2018 – HR Administrator

Based upon your review, we are happy to hear that PAYDAY’s Core Values have been demonstrated. “Cultivate Growth” is a particular value that we encourage and just as much as you enjoy the... More

4. "Great Company with a great software"

Former Employee - Payroll Specialist in Orange, CA
    Former Employee - Payroll Specialist in Orange, CA

I worked at PAYDAY Workforce Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The management team and software is awesome. Office is in a great location, near my house and easy to get to work. I looked at the reviews of a few former employees and could not disagree more with their negative reviews. There are always ways a company can improve and I found that the management team was open to new ideas on improving the client's experience. My manager had an open door policy and welcomed my comments and suggestions.

Cons

A company is only as good as their weakest link. We had two people that would complain about everything, most likely a few of the people who posted here. When you have negative employees it makes it difficult to work with those people. Wish the management team would have let those bad eggs go a long time ago. Most of my fellow workers were dedicated employees only wanting to do the best for the company and the clients.

Advice to Management

Hire slow and fire fast! You have an outstanding team, very talented people

Oct 30, 2017 – HR Administrator

Thanks for taking the time to share a review! Glad to hear things went well for you. We are confident that we’ve hired some great folks who will take us to the next level and we will continue to keep... More

5. "Excellent people; great place to work"

I have been working at PAYDAY Workforce Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The group of people collectively care so much about their clients and each other. If you have an idea, you may present it to management at any time. Some ideas are implemented, while others are considered for later. The location is great, and allows for nice walks near a golf course. I think the teams are cohesive and care about each other.

Cons

The printers seem to be an issue at times, so I would like to see more effective printers for all, but it's not that bad. Just a little con.

Advice to Management

Thank you for your hard work and dedication. Keep up the focus!

Oct 12, 2017 – HR Administrator

We agree with you and are so proud of how people live out our Core Value of “Nourishing Cohesion”. Thank you for sharing this review and for being part of our team.

"Regional Sales Manager"

I have been working at PAYDAY Workforce Solutions full-time

Pros

This is truly a unique working environment. I've noted management's efforts to continue enhancing the employee's experience. As well, their cohesive effort in improving culture and messaging to the team. Honestly, for a tech/software/payroll company, they offer a broad range of training and involvement for those who seek to further their understanding of the industry. I appreciate the way communication works here.

On a personal note, I've been blessed in my career in that I've always been able to make the choice in my manager. The style in which I am coached in my current position works very well for me. The objectives and expectations are clear and consistent. This is a huge plus. Often times I've experienced working environments in which the messaging and coaching style is counterproductive. I've also noticed that consistency in how people are managed is USUALLY a variable in most working situations. Here, they are (get ready for some redundancy) CONSISTENTLY CONSISTENT. Not only does this make my job easier to do and excel at, it also keeps the value of my role at the forefront of every work day.

Overall, if you're willing to work hard and be a team player, this is a wonderful place to foster some growth and build a phenomenal foundation block for your career.

Cons

Does my commute count? :) Unfortunately, this is a bit of a trek from where I live. That's a personal con for me. Also, it's a casual dress-code, this can be a good and bad thing. I'm still figuring out, from a cultural standpoint, what is deemed "ok" and "not ok". It's a little frilly for a casual dress-code. Still, nothing to constitute being a real CON.

Advice to Management

Continue the cadence of development you've set precedent for in this year. I truly believe we are working towards some very big WINS. It's exciting and humbling to be able to take part in this.

Sep 22, 2017 – HR Administrator

We are glad the hard and thoughtful work of your managers and fellow employees are shining through. Thank you for this glowing review!

7. "Outside Sales"

Current Employee - Sales in Orange, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in Orange, CA

I have been working at PAYDAY Workforce Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Solid group of people (co-workers) who care about the clients, and each other. Fun atmosphere too.

Cons

Lots of change (tech / market) has scared some folks, but keeps it exciting and engaging for me. Most of the negative people have left though (a big plus actually).

Advice to Management

Keep it positive / Keep it fun!

Sep 22, 2017 – HR Administrator

Thanks for the feedback! We are happy to hear that your experience is going well. Thank you for being a part of the team and contributing positively to the environment.

8. "A Good Starting Point"

I worked at PAYDAY Workforce Solutions full-time

Pros

This company was a great starting place for me as a fresh college graduate that I will be forever thankful for. My time at PAYDAY taught me how to work well with others (both those you like and don't like) and how to reach my goals. There are career opportunities within the company and management is eager for you to learn as much as possible if you express interest. The company requires you to be proactive, which is a skill I have continued to use after leaving PAYDAY. I was offered tremendous support during my time there and have continued to feel supported by co-workers and my direct manager since leaving the company. The small company feel was nice as it offered a level of comfort and familiarity. Having on-site IT and HR help was fantastic as someone was almost always around if needed. HR works hard to provide employees with fun events such as monthly birthday/work anniversary celebrations. The best example being a day full of food, massages, and games on Employee Appreciation Day.

Cons

There is a lack in vacation/sick time available. I did see upper management playing favorites as mentioned in previous reviews, which created friction between employees and there is a call center like feel to the office. It is clear that most of the management team is working hard to improve the company, but are being held back by the old school ways of upper management.

Advice to Management

Recognize your employees as assets before seeing them as liabilities.

Sep 22, 2017 – HR Administrator

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! We work hard to provide our employees with an outstanding environment in all facets of their work, so we are glad to see that you felt supported and... More

"Pay people what they deserve, stop the kindergarten stuff.."

I worked at PAYDAY Workforce Solutions (More than a year)

Pros

Still thinking about pros- casual dress code gives people a reason to dress sloppy.. Close in Orange County finding 20 words for pros is a time waster

Cons

No pros no cons.. no pros no cons no pros no cons no pros no cons no pros no cons

Advice to Management

They would not listen anywaywant quality people treat them like professionals.. get rid of the know it all s that alienate and talk down to people .. baaaad

Sep 22, 2017 – HR Administrator

Thank you for reviewing PAYDAY. We strive to offer competitive compensation and benefits, however, we understand that every employee has different financial needs to meet just like we have business... More

"Horrible Management"

I worked at PAYDAY Workforce Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free water, free oxygen, community hole puncher

Cons

Definite favoritism by management. There was a lack of direction within management. You are often delegated tasks that are unrelated to your job description by different managers and are reprimanded for not being able to finish the multitude of tasks.

When someone has a problem with you or wants to tell you something, they do not tell you directly and email to tell you something.

A ridiculous amount of meetings that could have been a email.

There is no real sense of direction and they become upset when all menial tasks are finished and believe you have no initiative and begin giving you other employees' work.

They have a tendency to fire a lot of people when they are in dire need, and once they fire employees they delegate their leftover work to other employees with no compensation. Employees are expected to pick up the slack of the crucial employees they fired regardless of whether or not it's related to their job or not. Payroll processor? No worries, you'll get great receptionist experience here!

Advice to Management

Pay your employees properly, hire enough people for the workload, stop playing favorites, stop making everyone do other people's jobs in addition to their own.

Sep 22, 2017 – HR Administrator

I'm sorry your experience left you feeling this way. PAYDAY takes our core values (like Be Your Best and Improve Lives) very seriously and we work hard to implement them every day through our... More