PAYDAY Workforce Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.1
Brad Campbell

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. ""Difference between success & failure, is a good team"...like Payday's!"

I have been working at PAYDAY Workforce Solutions full-time

Pros

What I especially like about working at Payday is the support you receive from the management and leadership team to succeed. All staff members have unique skills and knowledge and experience to provide to you and the success of our company, as well and it's great to be able to count on others when needed. I really enjoy the opportunity I have here to expand my horizons and learn from others too! Very excited to know that within Payday, the opportunities are endless...and the support is tremendous. Excited to keep growing and gaining more skills and experience, both in my professional and personal life.

Cons

None to report...nice office, friendly faces, your input matters here and that's another pro. You CAN and you WILL make a difference here. Also, management cares about your work/life balance. VERY IMPORTANT for those of us with a life outside of work. :p

2. "Great Company with a great software"

Former Employee - Payroll Specialist in Orange, CA
    Former Employee - Payroll Specialist in Orange, CA

I worked at PAYDAY Workforce Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The management team and software is awesome. Office is in a great location, near my house and easy to get to work. I looked at the reviews of a few former employees and could not disagree more with their negative reviews. There are always ways a company can improve and I found that the management team was open to new ideas on improving the client's experience. My manager had an open door policy and welcomed my comments and suggestions.

Cons

A company is only as good as their weakest link. We had two people that would complain about everything, most likely a few of the people who posted here. When you have negative employees it makes it difficult to work with those people. Wish the management team would have let those bad eggs go a long time ago. Most of my fellow workers were dedicated employees only wanting to do the best for the company and the clients.

Advice to Management

Hire slow and fire fast! You have an outstanding team, very talented people

Oct 30, 2017 – HR Administrator

Thanks for taking the time to share a review! Glad to hear things went well for you. We are confident that we’ve hired some great folks who will take us to the next level and we will continue to keep... More

3. "Excellent people; great place to work"

I have been working at PAYDAY Workforce Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The group of people collectively care so much about their clients and each other. If you have an idea, you may present it to management at any time. Some ideas are implemented, while others are considered for later. The location is great, and allows for nice walks near a golf course. I think the teams are cohesive and care about each other.

Cons

The printers seem to be an issue at times, so I would like to see more effective printers for all, but it's not that bad. Just a little con.

Advice to Management

Thank you for your hard work and dedication. Keep up the focus!

Oct 12, 2017 – HR Administrator

We agree with you and are so proud of how people live out our Core Value of “Nourishing Cohesion”. Thank you for sharing this review and for being part of our team.

"Regional Sales Manager"

I have been working at PAYDAY Workforce Solutions full-time

Pros

This is truly a unique working environment. I've noted management's efforts to continue enhancing the employee's experience. As well, their cohesive effort in improving culture and messaging to the team. Honestly, for a tech/software/payroll company, they offer a broad range of training and involvement for those who seek to further their understanding of the industry. I appreciate the way communication works here.

On a personal note, I've been blessed in my career in that I've always been able to make the choice in my manager. The style in which I am coached in my current position works very well for me. The objectives and expectations are clear and consistent. This is a huge plus. Often times I've experienced working environments in which the messaging and coaching style is counterproductive. I've also noticed that consistency in how people are managed is USUALLY a variable in most working situations. Here, they are (get ready for some redundancy) CONSISTENTLY CONSISTENT. Not only does this make my job easier to do and excel at, it also keeps the value of my role at the forefront of every work day.

Overall, if you're willing to work hard and be a team player, this is a wonderful place to foster some growth and build a phenomenal foundation block for your career.

Cons

Does my commute count? :) Unfortunately, this is a bit of a trek from where I live. That's a personal con for me. Also, it's a casual dress-code, this can be a good and bad thing. I'm still figuring out, from a cultural standpoint, what is deemed "ok" and "not ok". It's a little frilly for a casual dress-code. Still, nothing to constitute being a real CON.

Advice to Management

Continue the cadence of development you've set precedent for in this year. I truly believe we are working towards some very big WINS. It's exciting and humbling to be able to take part in this.

Sep 22, 2017 – HR Administrator

We are glad the hard and thoughtful work of your managers and fellow employees are shining through. Thank you for this glowing review!

5. "Outside Sales"

Current Employee - Sales in Orange, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in Orange, CA

I have been working at PAYDAY Workforce Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Solid group of people (co-workers) who care about the clients, and each other. Fun atmosphere too.

Cons

Lots of change (tech / market) has scared some folks, but keeps it exciting and engaging for me. Most of the negative people have left though (a big plus actually).

Advice to Management

Keep it positive / Keep it fun!

Sep 22, 2017 – HR Administrator

Thanks for the feedback! We are happy to hear that your experience is going well. Thank you for being a part of the team and contributing positively to the environment.

6. "A Good Starting Point"

I worked at PAYDAY Workforce Solutions full-time

Pros

This company was a great starting place for me as a fresh college graduate that I will be forever thankful for. My time at PAYDAY taught me how to work well with others (both those you like and don't like) and how to reach my goals. There are career opportunities within the company and management is eager for you to learn as much as possible if you express interest. The company requires you to be proactive, which is a skill I have continued to use after leaving PAYDAY. I was offered tremendous support during my time there and have continued to feel supported by co-workers and my direct manager since leaving the company. The small company feel was nice as it offered a level of comfort and familiarity. Having on-site IT and HR help was fantastic as someone was almost always around if needed. HR works hard to provide employees with fun events such as monthly birthday/work anniversary celebrations. The best example being a day full of food, massages, and games on Employee Appreciation Day.

Cons

There is a lack in vacation/sick time available. I did see upper management playing favorites as mentioned in previous reviews, which created friction between employees and there is a call center like feel to the office. It is clear that most of the management team is working hard to improve the company, but are being held back by the old school ways of upper management.

Advice to Management

Recognize your employees as assets before seeing them as liabilities.

Sep 22, 2017 – HR Administrator

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! We work hard to provide our employees with an outstanding environment in all facets of their work, so we are glad to see that you felt supported and... More

"Pay people what they deserve, stop the kindergarten stuff.."

I worked at PAYDAY Workforce Solutions (More than a year)

Pros

Still thinking about pros- casual dress code gives people a reason to dress sloppy.. Close in Orange County finding 20 words for pros is a time waster

Cons

No pros no cons.. no pros no cons no pros no cons no pros no cons no pros no cons

Advice to Management

They would not listen anywaywant quality people treat them like professionals.. get rid of the know it all s that alienate and talk down to people .. baaaad

Sep 22, 2017 – HR Administrator

Thank you for reviewing PAYDAY. We strive to offer competitive compensation and benefits, however, we understand that every employee has different financial needs to meet just like we have business... More

"Horrible Management"

I worked at PAYDAY Workforce Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free water, free oxygen, community hole puncher

Cons

Definite favoritism by management. There was a lack of direction within management. You are often delegated tasks that are unrelated to your job description by different managers and are reprimanded for not being able to finish the multitude of tasks.

When someone has a problem with you or wants to tell you something, they do not tell you directly and email to tell you something.

A ridiculous amount of meetings that could have been a email.

There is no real sense of direction and they become upset when all menial tasks are finished and believe you have no initiative and begin giving you other employees' work.

They have a tendency to fire a lot of people when they are in dire need, and once they fire employees they delegate their leftover work to other employees with no compensation. Employees are expected to pick up the slack of the crucial employees they fired regardless of whether or not it's related to their job or not. Payroll processor? No worries, you'll get great receptionist experience here!

Advice to Management

Pay your employees properly, hire enough people for the workload, stop playing favorites, stop making everyone do other people's jobs in addition to their own.

Sep 22, 2017 – HR Administrator

I'm sorry your experience left you feeling this way. PAYDAY takes our core values (like Be Your Best and Improve Lives) very seriously and we work hard to implement them every day through our... More

"Disappointment"

I worked at PAYDAY Workforce Solutions full-time

Pros

There were no pros from this Company.

Cons

Management. They are unsupportive and unfairly pay employees.

Advice to Management

Listen to employees and reward them for their hard work. Don't pick your favorites and continue to give them a raise. Everyone works hard and are loyal to PAYDAY.

Sep 22, 2017 – HR Administrator

Thank you for the review. We work hard to provide our employees with a fair wage and benefits. We certainly recognize that employees work hard and wish we could be the top paying employer around! As... More

"Petty Company"

Former Employee - Cash Management Specialist in Orange, CA
    Former Employee - Cash Management Specialist in Orange, CA

I worked at PAYDAY Workforce Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you're a thoughtless robot, keep your head down, like working for free, and don't like being respected, this is a great place for you to work.

Me: I was an “A player” employee. The company is currently using 90% of the forms, spreadsheets, procedures that I went above and beyond to implement to help the greater good of the company as a whole and my fellow co-workers. I was hired at a fair salary for my job description, but that job description quickly grew into something ridiculous. I was doing my primary job of Cash Management, Accounting because the company was too cheap to hire a full time accountant (I’m not sure how a payroll company can function without an accountant, which is probably why the owner is so distrustful being he doesn’t know his company’s financial status), collections, and finally I kept doing work for the internal but separate insurance company the owner has, and I was never paid from that company. I asked for an increase in pay for the work I was doing, factually proved my case, was denied, had management give me their “mean girl” treatment, spoke up about it and was discharged in retaliation.

I have been working here a little over a year, and the company can’t seem to keep any employees past that. This company is a literal revolving door. Right now there is a major exodus from the internal staff due to all the issues mentioned, so *job (*not career) opportunities are definitely here.

Cons

Owner: Untrusting, questions everything you, ridiculously frugal.

Director: Self-centered adult child, who runs the company like and adolescent privileged mean girl. If you’re part of her inner circle, you make more and do less. If you happen to speak up about it, she then has management give you the cold shoulder/silent treatment in a petty attempt to make you feel shunned.

Manager: Careless, does not listen, does not reprimand problem employees, refuses to know anything about the positions he oversees, and therefore has chaos running rampant throughout the company.

Staff: Most employees are used to a bar set so low, they get offended when you ask them to cooperate and do what they’re expected to…aka their job. The few employees that do actually work, are overworked and underpaid for the amount of slack they pick up for the others.

Equipment/Supplies: The Company is so frugal, most staff buy their own writing utensils as the ones provided are of such low quality they don’t write properly. Chairs are all bought second hand and don’t work properly causing back, eye, and wrist strain. The most recent batch of used chairs all had the height adjustment shock broken, so the chairs could not hold their height position. You would lift the chair, and if you're weren't sitting as still as a statue, the chair would sink to its lowest position. Printers are dilapidated, only made worst by low cost/quality ink which makes a mess on everything.

Benefits: Vacation is below industry standards, Sick pay was stolen from vacation bucket when it became law, medical, dental, and vision benefits are garbage considering the owner is an insurance broker.

Advice to Management

Grow up, be cordial, and stop letting your feelings guide your decisions. This is also referred to as being professional.

To the owner: I would double check how your leadership is treating employees and handling delicate situations. Being frugal, they are opening you up to major legal implications. Especially in the retaliation sector. You know this of course, as you’re informed of every decision they make and put your stamp of approval on it.

Aug 1, 2017 – HR Administrator

Thank you for your candid feedback. We are sorry that you had a poor experience and understand that this company might not be the perfect fit for everyone. Certainly, we strive to ensure that all... More