PC Laptops "work environment" Reviews | Glassdoor

PC Laptops Employee Reviews about "work environment"

Updated Oct 16, 2019

4.1
PC Laptops CEO Dan Young (no image)
Dan Young
Pros
  • "Always a positive work environment(in 11 reviews)

• "I don’t know how many companies that you will get to have the chance to talk to the CEO and get support and advice and the couching from Dan Young(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "(in 4 reviews)

• "(in 3 reviews)

Reviews about "work environment"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Computer Building"

Current Employee - Computer Technician in Midvale, UT

I have been working at PC Laptops full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good pay, fun people to work with, good work environment, hours are not overly demanding, managers/supervisors are willing to work with you when it comes to almost anything (hours, problems, schedule changing, etc.)

Cons

You need to be able to adapt and to work with others on problems. You can not make the same mistakes over and over even if they are small. There are slow seasons where people will often have little to do, which can hurt certain bonuses because they are based on your performance and efficiency.

PC Laptops2019-10-16

"A place with a lot of potential for growth."

Current Employee - Director of Human Resources in Midvale, UT

I have been working at PC Laptops full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great co-workers and a flexible work environment are among the top pros. I have felt that management allows me to take care of my family needs while balancing my work responsibilities. The culture here is definitely one that breeds comradely. I feel that most of the departments are tight but aren't exclusive enough that people feel left out. I have felt that the executive leadership, while human, genuinely... cares about people and truly wants to help employees succeed.

Cons

Negative attitude is detrimental to company culture and the company as a whole. There tends to be a focus on negative aspects rather than a focus on the successes. That causes a very low moral and can be an impact of the effort employees give. Sometimes changes are slow to be made. While a lot of people are open to listening and genuinely want to make changes, ideas for change are often dismissed in favor of... keeping with the ways things have always been done. While we are a small company, we don't offer a lot of the benefits and perks that other tech companies offer.

Advice to Management

With the workforce demographic evolving it is becoming harder to entice people to come and work for a company that doesn't evolve with the workforce and what people expect from companies. My recommendation would be to not only listen to what employees suggest, but be more open to change and to not default to remaining the same or doing things the same way because its easy. There is a lot of potential for... growth and we have a team of good individuals that have great ideas that will help the company grow and become a place where people look forward to coming in to work.

PC Laptops2019-10-11

"A company that pushes you to not be average"

Sales Manager in Henderson, NV

I have been working at PC Laptops for more than a year

Pros

Positive work environment Awesome coworkers! Great pay scale Flexible hours Great work/life balance

Cons

There have been some things that have frustrated me in the past but nothing I would consider a "con", every job falls short sometimes.

Advice to Management

Sometimes the front line employees have great ideas, listen to them more! :)

PC Laptops2018-09-10
  4. "Manager"

Current Employee - Manager in West Jordan, UT

I have been working at PC Laptops full-time for more than a year

Pros

Always a positive work environment. A lot of upward mobility. The CEO is more involved in this company than anyone I have been in. Every week he personally trains us. Last week he bought the whole company a Rodizio dinner. Everyone is super nice. The culture is awesome every day I go to work excited to be at work with friends and help people fix computers. The company is success driven so it focuses on keeping great... people with positive energy. I have recommended this work environment to several friends already. They all did well and either moved up in the company or had the work experience to move to a more specific field. If you like really cool computers, positive energy, and making some good money you gotta work here.

Cons

There are very few cons if any at all. If I had to say any it would be that sometimes people disagree on what would make the company successful and that is with any where you work. They still ask for feed back on almost everything so they know how to handle that best.

PC Laptops2018-08-07

"Working at PC Laptops"

I have been working at PC Laptops full-time

Pros

Amazing, Innovative, Awesome work environment

Cons

no cons that I can think of come to mind

PC Laptops2018-03-12

"10/10 Would Recommend!"

Remote Technician in South Jordan, UT

I have been working at PC Laptops

Pros

Phenomenal work environment! Excellent Management! They are there to help you succeed! Ability to make more money than anything similar out there! Availability to progress with the company and make this more a career than just a job! If you have the chance get in touch with them and join the team! YOU WON'T REGRET IT!!

Cons

none. this company just keeps getting better and better!

Advice to Management

keep doing you!

PC Laptops2016-04-02

"Carreer Opportunity"

Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at PC Laptops full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I Have worked with Pc Laptops for over 5 years. The work environment is very relaxed at times but can be challenging at times depending on the work load. If you have good people skills, a strong work ethic, and the ability to learn you will go very far and make a lot of money. On the other side of the coin, if you are lazy, don't have good people skills, and don't like learning new things this isn't the job for... you. Many employees I work with make over 100k per year. I myself make about 80k per year. The management team gets personally mentored by Dan the owner of the company on not only how to be more successful in business, but also how to be more successful in every area of your life. He truly cares for the people that work for him and his customers. Pc laptops is expanding and building new stores which means there is alot of opportunity. I love my job at pc Laptops! This is my career.

Cons

As a new employee you are entering a fast paced environment and you are expected to learn certain things as you go. This can be challenging If you do not reach out for help and ask a lot of questions.

Advice to Management

Create a Department that oversees new employee training. This will ensure that each new employee has all the keys to success when they are hired.

PC Laptops2016-03-19
  8. "Great work environment"

in South Jordan, UT

I worked at PC Laptops for less than a year

Pros

Great work environment Free lunches several times a month Good energy across departments Competitive pay plus bonuses based on performance Pretty good benefits

Cons

Limited opportunities to grow and improve passed working there a few months Department heads in their new remote work area treated employees unfair

Advice to Management

Introducing a compensation program for continuing education(for certifications and potentially college) would be awesome. Or if a program like it exists already, communicating more openly about it and even encouraging employees to take advantage of the opportunity would be awesome.

PC Laptops2015-09-29

"Not what you think, but good experience."

Former Employee - Computer Tech in West Jordan, UT

I worked at PC Laptops full-time for less than a year

Pros

Ability to learn a lot Fun work For the most part, when your not being told how much you suck because you didn't sell a lot of systems the day before, it's an awesome work environment and people to work with in store Good employee discount on computers and parts

Cons

The over all fact that all the company cares about is money. They will hire anyone... Literally. They hired a guy who is a neo-nazi but because he is selling a lot of computers it's all ok. The extremely over exaggerated salary you can make. Low wages for what a computer technician should make. Company hires people who are oblivious to how a computer works and only cares about the ability to sell, but hires them as... computer techs. The dishonesty that is almost encouraged when it comes to selling. Using selling "techniques" and training material from Jordan Belfort whom is a convicted felon because he stole millions of dollars from his clients... (Red flag there) The borderline disgusting condition each store is in, stained carpets, work stations that are falling apart and the smell of each store.

Advice to Management

Stand behind your slogan; "PC laptops, where we love you!". Right now you don't, you only love the customer when they buy something. But when the computer they bought was sold and built by people who are not only dishonest in their dealings but also have no idea how to properly build a computer and that customer comes in complaining that it's not working and needs help fixing it but the shady sales guy blows them... off and the tech who has been on his cell phone all day not doing anything because he doesn't know anything about computers, can't fix it so the customer gets angry and complains. It actually shows that intact PC laptops doesn't "love you!" Hire people who actually know what they are doing and aren't crooked liars.

PC Laptops2015-06-06

"Good career building experience"

Former Employee - Computer Technician in Orem, UT

I worked at PC Laptops full-time for less than a year

Pros

Fun work environment, great hands-on technical/sales experience. Fairly flexible hours. Friendly atmosphere.

Cons

Pay was not as much as they said during the interview. They put a lot of pressure on you to sell new systems, which can be quite difficult due to their price.

Advice to Management

Be more honest in interviews. Don't exaggerate employee compensation.

PC Laptops2015-05-04