PCM Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.9
Frank F. Khulusi

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • We work with great people at all levels of the organization, who are supportive of each other (in 20 reviews)

• The management really is nice and there are a lot of good people (in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management is either family of the CEO or built the foundation of their careers in the early 2000s (in 20 reviews)

• Little to no training or direction (in 8 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"PCM is a fantastic place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

I have been working at PCM full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

PCM is a fast paced and exciting part of the IT channel. The Company provides excellent opportunities from sales to back office. The executive team does a great job providing leadership.

Cons

I don't have any cons on PCM.

2. "Manager - Warranty and Partner Support Services"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

I have been working at PCM full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Positive work environment; dynamic team members; supportive management team; amazing south Florida location

Cons

I can't think of any cons. I honestly love my career path at PCM.

3. "Great Working Environment"

Current Employee - Intern in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Intern in Miami, FL

I have been working at PCM full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The professional work environment @ PCM is second to none. As an intern I have been treated as well as employees who have worked there for years.

Cons

Not enough time in the day to get more done.

Advice to Management

Continue to put your employees first.

"Reviews = "Too good to be True" ...bc they're FALSE! BAD company, NO vision, NO support"

Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in Raleigh, NC

I worked at PCM full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Misery loves company, you will learn why NOT to trust extremely positive Glassdoor reviews if you make the mistake to accept a position with this sketchy company, but at the very least you'll earn a modest hourly wage for a few months

Cons

Too many to list, ZERO vision from corporate leaders, NO support, completely inept managers from local to corporate, you must utilize & rely on internal systems that fail on a regular basis, you will be unable to compete with successful IT Solutions & Service providers due to terrible buying power, terrible buying power caused by PCM refusing to pay partners on time (or at all), there is literally no room for advancement - which they will tell you, the back-end support is severely lacking which makes it impossible to ensure an order will be delivered to your client on-time (sometimes will be SHIPPED 2weeks after, and you will be charged a new higher cost if there is a change), it will drain you mentally, you will work your hardest and be forced to 'take your work home with you' and you will still not be able to 'succeed', you will not be able to support yourself and/or any loved ones (including pets), PCM destroyed TigerDirect's reputation through their ineptitude,

Advice to Management

Provide reliable systems & support so that your sales staff has a chance to succeed, don't oversell your ability to compete with TRULY successful IT Solution & Services Providers (like CDW), treat your employees like human beings, do not continue to ruin relationships with major partners (Lenovo, HP, Dell), learn how to operate as a people-oriented company that cares about their clients and/or their sales staff, don't make fun of your employees , don't continue to inflate your rating with false reviews - you're tricking good employees into trusting your company and wasting their lives

5. "Account Executive"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Chicago, IL

I worked at PCM full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Training wasn't bad. That's really the only pro. If anything, get your 5 weeks pay for training and then quit. They also cater lunch sometimes, which is nice.

Cons

They'll feed this BS story about how if you do what you're supposed to do and follow their instructions for 3 years, that you'll end up making six figures. I worked in the Chicago office and I can tell you that not one person there makes six figures. The ones that bust their butt may make a decent salary, but not six figures. It's fake motivation to trick you into staying.

Everyone that is high up gives you the same motivational speeches. It's like their robots. I've never felt more unhappy at a job and the management is HORRIBLE. They'll make you feel like you're in high school again. They're on some type of power trip. They'll threaten to make you put your phones in your desk and constantly walk around to micro-manage.

OHHHH, and don't even think about showing up 1 minute late, even if it's due to taking public transportation, such as a train like some have to living in the Windy City. You'll get scolded. We were supposed to be there at 8am and I showed up late ONE TIME at 8:01 and was called into the directors office. My jaw was literally on the ground. I'd understand if I was 30 minutes late.

When someone is doing poorly and not making their dials, the entire floor suffers as well. They don't just speak to the ones slacking, it's directed towards the entire office, which breeds a negative environment and makes coming to work that much worse. I truly just don't understand how they think the company culture is A+ there. I had never been more depressed at job. I THANK GOD EVERY DAY a better opportunity came along that allowed me to leave. I was so unhappy.

Some will just have to find out for themselves. I wish you all luck in this journey we call life!

Advice to Management

Quit treating college graduates like they're in high school, and maybe more people will put up with the job and stay longer if the company culture is at least decent.

6. "Run away!"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Boston, MA

Pros

Unprofessional, Bush league, no pros what so ever.

Cons

Worst experience interviewing ever. Do your research on this company. People have gone to jail for criminal activity at a C level.

Advice to Management

Crawl back in your hole!

"Enterprise Account Executive"

Former Employee - Enterprise Account Executive in Newark, NJ
    Former Employee - Enterprise Account Executive in Newark, NJ

I worked at PCM (More than a year)

Pros

Great work/life balance
    Realistic New Employee Ramp Up
    Fantastic colleagues

Cons

Low Base Salary and Poor Benefits
    Often Competing Against Own Company through Subsidiaries
    Disparate Management and Resources
    Management Turnover and internal battles

Advice to Management

Invest in new CRM and internal software to get everyone on the same team

8. "Great potential if you work for it."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at PCM full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

PCM is very flexible and has a fun up beat atmosphere. There is potential to make a lot of money for those who are driven and motivated. I love working here and I hope to retire from the company (in many years). I definitely see why many employees work here for 10/15/20 or even more, years. They value good work ethic and keep employees happy.

Cons

Building a book of accounts takes hard work and determination and can be a struggle for those without the drive. Systems often have issues.

Advice to Management

Place a higher focus on training.

"Ever Changing Industry"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

I have been working at PCM full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The title speaks for itself. The Channel and Technology is changing so quickly, and PCM has adjusted their go to market strategy to ensure continual growth in key areas of change. This change and fast paced environment provides a look into how the world as we know it will change and working here puts employees at the footprint of change... Very Exciting. Great People for the most part...

Cons

With the rapid changes within the industry, employees can often feel Stress or pressure. Need to ensure additional training to the teams to ensure they are on the front of the curve.

Advice to Management

More Training. More Collaboration.

10. "Great place for IT work"

Current Employee - Branch Service Leader in Roswell, GA
    Current Employee - Branch Service Leader in Roswell, GA

I have been working at PCM full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Excellent place to bring skills and then enhance them over time.

Cons

Sometimes long hours when your a billable engineer.