PCMS Datafit Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.8
Andy Winans

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "A good company, but lacks vision"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at PCMS Datafit full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good working environment, good benefits

Cons

For me, a long commute.

2. "They try, and it shows"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Cincinnati, OH

Pros

Work / life balance is promoted heavily, and you are given the space to work freely with minimal supervision. It's evident that smart people work here, and egos are few and far between. Management is very open about communication and consistently look for ways to keep employees engaged and make PCMS a family oriented workplace.

Cons

No place is perfect. The open office environment sometimes hinders productivity, but overall, not many.

Advice to Management

We see the effort you are making to ensure PCMS is a place where people want to work. Keep up the good work, and don't forget why people come to work for you.

3. "On the rise!!"

I have been working at PCMS Datafit full-time

Pros

I've been working for a couple years and am happy by changing culture and efforts to make this place better. We have casual and comfortable dress - even shorts are ok, fresh fruit is provided for free every week, multiple coffee makers in the kitchen are very nice and appreciated. The people are what make it special though. They help with flexible schedules and support people with personal issues and medical leave when needed, and are trying constantly to make efforts to care for their own. My manager asks how I'm doing, and listens to the answers - which is very rare. We also do treats for people, to show caring. Work is fast paced, always changing, and gives chances to learn and advance, which is great. There so many people who want to help, teach their skills, share knowledge; I really love the teamwork even as leaders for years will help new hires with their work. New focus on the Product and helping all people be experts on the product is very nice.

Cons

Business is growing and need more great team members for new big projects - this is a good problem to have these days though, even if it means everyone works harder. While work gets heavy, teamwork and people get together to get through.

Advice to Management

Keep trying to improve office life. Continue talking to people and ask for feedback, as many want to make every day better. Make us more of a family and make sure people know you care about them personally. Reward those that help teach and help share knowledge, just recently I learned about massive knowledge place using Confluence - this is great!!

"Best Java Shop in Cincinnati"

I have been working at PCMS Datafit full-time

Pros

Don't listen to the one negative review posted recently. You can clearly tell from that person's post their level of intelligence is not up to par. The grammar and comma errors in that post indicate the person wasn't a good fit for the company. It's likely someone spouting off because management was smart enough to identify them as a negative person and a cancer to the team.

PCMS is a great place to work. I'm constantly challenged and actually enjoy going to work. The people are great. The atmosphere is great. The development teams are lean and agile. We focus on delivering a great product and making our customers happy. One of the coolest parts about my job is that when it's done I can walk into a store and actually see the work I did. POS software is challenging and multi-faceted. The demand in the marketplace is there for our product and we are positioned for growth. What's great about PCMS is that your job is what you make of it. They promote from within and there are lots of opportunities for growth. Working long hours is the exception, not the rule. Most days the place clears out at 5 unless you're behind on your tasks for the sprint.

Cons

The elevators are really slow. Sometimes it's hard to find a meeting room when you need it but there are a few backup options.

Advice to Management

Remember how far we've come. Keep weeding out the negative people and squashing the negative attitudes when they pop up.

5. "PCMS is great!"

I have been working at PCMS Datafit full-time

Pros

PCMS is an aggressive company in a fast paced market. Senior Leadership and Management are actively engaged and pushing a great product. There is plenty of opportunity to drive your own career path and get noticed while working with large, global companies on high tech projects. Open office concept encourages a co-operative culture and the ability to work with very talented individuals. PCMS promotes the employee's ability to drive change and notice results.

Cons

We need more office space :)

"Unethical and deceptive"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Pros

The ice machine is cool but other than that, not much else to really write home about.

Cons

Don't let the current reviews fool you. Upper management as well as the HR manager requested, via email, that all managers post positive reviews about the company in the hopes to lure people to work for them. Once they rope you in with false promises and bogus offers, they will beat you down with long hours and zero recognition. The unethical practices of baiting people into employment is known by not only current but former employees. There is zero work life balance and if you don't conform to constant travel or long hours your job is threatened or you are basically labeled as only out for yourself and treated horrible by management. If you enjoy no life, and being lied to, this is the perfect environment. Also, they have no problems lying to customers or having you lie to the customers for them on application requirements that cannot be done, but they say tell the customer it can so the deal can go forward. It's not worth it.

Advice to Management

Step back and think about how you treat people and walk all over them for your own gain. You preach about wanting to be one of the top companies to work for in Cincinnati yet you do absolutely nothing to achieve it. Paying people off with $10.00 Chipotle and Jimmy John's gift cards will only work for so long. There is a reason you have lost your top people in the past year.

PCMS Datafit Response

Mar 28, 2016 – Human Resources Manager

We are sorry that your experience wasn't a positive one, however, we are thrilled that a vast majority of our employees are very happy and thriving here (our turnover rates are well below industry... More

7. "We are Growing"

Current Employee - QA Analyst in Monroe, OH
    Current Employee - QA Analyst in Monroe, OH

I have been working at PCMS Datafit full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company has grown since I have started here, we moved from a building where we were cramped and embarrassed to have your clients come and visit to an open beautiful office that you want your clients to come and see. The desks are spacious and allow for collaboration between your peers. As for your peers, they are always willing to help or assist; all you have to do is ask. Management is the same, they are always willing to help and help you grow as an employee. With the organization growing as it is, we are seeing our peers move into leadership roles, as well as, into other roles within the organization, with upper managements support.

The atmosphere within the organization has matured over the years. Which is nice to be able to say. When I first started, the atmosphere was one of fear and now it is one of pride. That being said, would I want my child to work here? Yes, I would, to prove this point; there is a father and son team within the office.

One thing to remember, as with any organization, you get what you put into it. If you just want to slide by, that is what you get. However, if you work hard, grow and do this with a smile on your face. Management notices and will support you.

Cons

While we are growing…
    With growth there is change…
    There are growing pains…
    However, management listens and implements change to meet the needs of growth as quickly as possible.

8. "My Experience - Unlimited Opportunity"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at PCMS Datafit full-time (More than a year)

Pros

PCMS is a team oriented environment that allows teams to collaborate and deliver an outstanding product to our clients. PCMS provides the opportunity for employees to advance within and also explore different career paths, if desired. PCMS also has an open door policy which allows you to have your voice heard (positive or negative). PCMS is growing rapidly and the future looks amazing for this organization.

Cons

I've had a very good experience working for PCMS in two separate roles over the past 2 years and only have positive experiences.

Advice to Management

Please continue to do what you're doing as a Management team. You're doing a great job making PCMS a great place to work and making your employees want to have a long term career with the organization.

9. "Great People & Great Outlook for the Future"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at PCMS Datafit full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are lots of great things about working for PCMS. It’s a small enough company that you can see the impact of your work and know that you are valued, but it’s also big enough to offer solid compensation, benefits and perks. And, they actually encourage you to unplug and use your annual vacation time.

The projects and the clients are interesting and you find a lot of really smart and team-oriented professionals. There is also room to wear different hats and to gain experience in new areas that interest you. Having worked at bigger companies and in more traditionally corporate environments, I’ve found a realistic work/life balance at PCMS and I enjoy little things like the Starbucks coffee, the company FitBit community, the weekly fresh fruit deliveries and the monthly employee events. The new Cincinnati office is also a plus!

Cons

PCMS is not a place for clock-watchers, those who want to be told how to do everything, or for the lazy. PCMS has a relatively lean team and everyone has work to do and deadlines to meet. Persistent, detail-oriented, problem solvers do best – a good sense of humor also helps. There are times it can be challenging, but personally, I’m motivated by the positive changes I’ve seen in the past year and by the future growth prospects.

Advice to Management

Keep up the open lines of communication and the company-wide meetings. Be candid and don’t be afraid to hold people accountable. Move boldly and decisively to take advantage of market opportunities. Continue to invest even more heavily in your people.

"Great, fast-growing company to gain experience, work with highly knowledgeable people, and plenty of opportunity"

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at PCMS Datafit full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The culture is relaxed and the people there are great. They become like a family. You get to work on a great product which is Vision BeanStore. Everyone is on the same team trying to achieve the same goal and everyone is always willing to lend a helping hand to help you succeed. It's a great company going in a very positive direction and management has help facilitate that. Management is always willing to listen and hear suggestions. I would highly recommend PCMS.

Cons

There is a ton of existing business and more coming in (which is a good thing). Nothing bad to say!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. They listen and have implemented sweeping changes for the better. Training programs (PCMS University), instituted career advancement opportunities, established middle management to help increase resources, and are reshaping our processes. Plus, they have added some awesome benefits and didn't pass on the increased cost of benefits to the employees. Management really cares and I think it is reflected in a the happy work environment.