PDC Reviews | Glassdoor

PDC Reviews

Updated Nov 26, 2018

3.3
PDC Principal Matthew Emerson, PE (no image)
Matthew Emerson, PE
0 Rating
  1. "Absolutely comfortable place to work"

EIT Structural in Fairbanks, AK

I have been working at PDC for more than a year

Pros

one of the largest engineering firms in Alaska - various projects, big portfolio, rich experience employee owned company friendly people opportunity for training and learning more new stuff a lot of informal projects to do together

Cons

Alaska is rough sometimes so living in Fairbanks can be difficult especially when the rest of the family lives pretty far.

PDC2015-06-07

"Horrendous experience"

Former Employee - Account Manager in West Palm Beach, FL

I worked at PDC full-time for less than a year

Pros

Occasionally you’ll meet cool people at the places you visit but that’s in any sales job.

Cons

Work/life balance is terrible. It’s like no one had a family at home, they were all staying til like 6:30/7 every night. When people brag about how much money you can make all day.. that person either really is rich and making that money or you’re falling victim to hype and will make nothing. In this case you’re making nothing. Don’t let them fool u. Luckily I have no kids or family to feed. If you do, don’t stop here thinking you’ll be able to provide for them. If you have any sort of degree, do not come work here, u deserve so much more. They will hire anyone. They literally call people all day, everyday, don’t feel special as if your resume stood out to them or anything. She’ll tell you the turnover rate is 4% but within the one month I was there I’ve seen so many new faces and so many people gone

Advice to Management

Be transparent. Get organized.

PDC2018-11-27

"Relaxed and educational"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I worked at PDC full-time for less than a year

Pros

Hands on Managers, believing in what they are doing, trying to be as efficient and helpefull as possible

Cons

None, I can't think of anything.

PDC2014-02-21

"Under appreciated and undervalued."

Former Employee - Order Processing/Inventory Management in Saginaw, MI

I worked at PDC part-time for less than a year

Pros

Opportunity to meet new people from backgrounds.

Cons

Willing to over work to employees with minimum financial compensation.

Advice to Management

Appreciate your hourly workers and the distributors of the company for they are they are the gears that keep the company moving forward.

PDC2013-09-05
  5. "Poor Economy Stole a good Company from America"

Former Employee - Advertising Executive

I worked at PDC full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Flexibility, Mormon faith foundation of company which means the cherish and istill family values. Great Pay if you work hard, fun happy environment. Experienced management team. They listen to employees input and implement your good ideas.

Cons

They trust everyone, including inexperienced sales people who come on board, don't sell and then just live off of a base salary until they get terminated. Still haven't moved into the new century with technology. Belief that the phone books still work and are the best resource for consumers looking where to spend their money. Corporate needs to take hold of SEO and SEM by the horns and make internet marketing one of their strongest components versus the weakest one.

Advice to Management

Wake Up its 2010. Computer technology is getting stronger and we have to be ahead of the competition if you want the compony to grow and be around for many years to come. You cant do the work of today, using the technology of yesterday and expect to still be in business tomorrow.

PDC2013-02-07
  6. "very satisfying"

Cost Accountant in Monterey, CA

I have been working at PDC

Pros

healthy atmosphere interesting tasks fair management excellent balance of work & personal life

Cons

regarding the size of the company, I don't see a change coming soon in my functions

Advice to Management

no: they do an excellent job running the company, maintaining a good work environment & recognizing employees

PDC2011-11-10
  7. "Can't beat PDC"

Planner in Fairbanks, AK

I have been working at PDC

Pros

The small size of the company makes it easy to approach company leadership. There is a good diversity of work with excellent staff to support them. The diversity of work also provides a cushion in slower economic conditions.

Cons

The company's willingness to pay for travel to professional conferences is okay, but it could be better. Being in Alaska it's expensive to send staff to conferences outside the state, so it's understandable.

Advice to Management

Provide more training opportunities. Actively seek projects outside of Alaska. The two offices need to work together more closely; there are resources in each that would benefit from more collaboration.

PDC2010-07-13