PDS Services Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"PDS was ok for me"

Former Employee - Dentist in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Dentist in Austin, TX

I worked at PDS Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good guaranteed salary in the beginning for 6 months, Stable income

Cons

Longer work hours, occasionally running over time into the evening..

"Don't Waste Your Time"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Livonia, MI

I worked at PDS Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone gets their own office, free coffee, nice location.

Cons

Owners seem to have no desire to grow or improve their company. Ton't take suggestions from anybody. Stuck in the "this is the way we've always done it" mind set, and that's getting them no where. Even the owners themselves seem to disagree on issues and there is no clear direction on where they're going. They even still use paper records for everything, who does that in this day and age?

It's also a small company, less than 10 total employees. Obviously no room for career growth when there aren't any internal opportunities.

Advice to Management

Get with the times. If you're not moving forward, you're moving backward

3. "Great Opportunity - Recruiter"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Livonia, MI

Pros

I started as a Recruiter at PDS after working at a very large staffing company. It was a great environment, you get your own office, no one breathing down your neck, the ability to create your own agenda and schedule every day and the ability to make good commissions.

Cons

You have to be self motivated and self directed.

Advice to Management

I like that you did not micromanage the team. Continue to treat people like team members.

"Spares Analyst"

Former Contractor - Spares Analyst in Hazelwood, MO
    Former Contractor - Spares Analyst in Hazelwood, MO

I worked at PDS Services as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Friendly people- checks were always deposited-

Cons

Never met anyone that worked for PDS- talked to them- exp on the day I was let go, that was about the sum total of their involvement- kind of like our politicians-

Advice to Management

think you need to get those employees of yours off their collective butts.....

"Great Fledgling Company"

Current Employee - Software Engineer & Analyst in Falls Church, VA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer & Analyst in Falls Church, VA

I have been working at PDS Services (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great staff and wonderful employee. Passionate and really want to contribute.

Cons

No work is available. Sitting on our hands here.

Advice to Management

Get more contracts.

"Mechanic"

Former Freelancer - Mechanic in Allen Park, MI
    Former Freelancer - Mechanic in Allen Park, MI

I worked at PDS Services (More than a year)

Pros

my coworkers at Roush were nice, but management WAS NOT and PDS DEFINITELY WAS NOT

Cons

Was a mechanic at Roush, working environments was terrible, people got paid more than me even though we were doing the exact same job. After working for a year I figured Id earned a raise, but Roush told me to ask PDS, and when I did PDS told me to ask Roush and nobody told me anything. I got transferred all the time between Allen Park, Livonia, Taylor, and I had no choice in the matter. Way too much overtime. Called PDS to complain and they said they'd look into it but I never heard back. I had 4 different recruiters in all my time at PDS, nobody seemed to be able to help me with anything. They lost my paperwork all the time. Benefits were awful, I was better off getting them on my own online. PDS was never helpful when I needed them, and Roush didn't help either. STAY AWAY FROM PDS AND STAY AWAY FROM ROUSH!!!!!

Advice to Management

figure out what you're doing. you ain't selling things on a corner, YOU ARE DEALING WITH PEOPLES JOBS AND WELL BEING

"Unprofessional Management"

Former Employee - Recruiter
    Former Employee - Recruiter

I worked at PDS Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

clean office, free parking, close to expressway and laurel park mall

Cons

Where to begin….
    1. Management brings you in, saying they run their business like a “family”. In reality, it’s easy to see which staff members they treat as family and which they treat as disposable parts.
    2. Turnover is crazy, within 2-3 months I was the longest tenured full-time recruiter. One person was even let go because she had to go on medical leave; management explained it by “it didn’t mesh well with our long term plan”. Not even sure how this is legal?
    3. Management treats their company like a country club or a hobby instead of an actual place as work. They come and go as they please, spending minimal time at the office. Even when they are present, they spend the entire time making personal calls.
    4. Management has a huge ego, and can never accept the possibility they might be wrong about something. Situations are often explained by “someone must be lying” because it’s impossible that management was incorrect.
    5. Management sometimes looks at the behavior of other companies and calls it “unethical” and says “we would never do something like that”. Then they go and do literally the exact same thing shortly after.
    6. Management is extremely rude to their employees, both in the office and in the field. Again this goes back to the ego, but management will go out of their way to not only tell you how wrong you are, but they’ll often make a joke about it.
    7. Very little instruction is given from day 1. When I started there was no training or orientation at all. I had to learn everything on the fly, and even after being there a long time I was still learning new things that I wish someone had told me on my first day.
    8. Asking questions is useless. These are usually met with blank stares, or even sometimes management would literally say “your guess is as good as mine.” Obviously if you guess wrong, the blame falls on you since management believes they are flawless.
    9. Recruiting policies include withholding tons of information from our potential employees. We weren’t allowed to tell someone what company they were interviewing for, so if it was a company they didn’t want to work for, they wouldn’t find out until they already drove to the interview. We were allowed to give simple information about benefits, but if candidates had specific questions we weren’t allowed to say (I was told these people who asked about our insurance must be nosey to ask so many questions). Candidates would ask for a job description to review before their interview, but we often didn’t have one to provide. Candidates would ask about pay, and we were told that we could only discuss it after the interview.
    10. Company is cheap and old-fashioned in the way they operate. Instead of using an Applicant Tracking System, they use an old sales/marketing tool that makes recruiting extremely difficult. Very few electronic records, almost everything is still on paper. The few electronic records they do have are simple Excel spreadsheets.
    11. Commission rates for recruiters are unreasonably low. Salary is competitive with the market, but commission pay outs are minimal.
    12. Company can’t even figure out what they want to call themselves. Half the time it is PDS Services, others it is PDS Staffing. Ridiculous

Advice to Management

Treat the company more like it's your job and not just one of your errands you have for the day. If you want to run the company out of your basement so it doesn't interfere with your personal life, that's great. If you want to be taken seriously by others as a real professional organization, maybe treat it that way.