PDSI Reviews | Glassdoor

PDSI Reviews

3.6
Ralph Engelberger

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Strong personality required. If you are weak you won't make it here."

Pros

One of the best companies I have ever worked for. They care about me, the customers and the community. They are open and honest and share important news with us, good or bad. I never felt I couldn't talk to the CEO and my opinion is always valued.

Cons

PDSI gives its employees a lot of responsibility, they do not hand hold. Upper management is always available and they are paying attention but you have to be a take charge type of person to do well. Upper management is not going to hold your hand. And we are growing fast so there are pains. But I have never seen a better environment in which to work in my career. The complainers on this site must have washed out.

Advice to Management

You are doing an awesome job - I love the way you run things.

2. "Trial by Fire with odds stacked against you"

Former Employee - Assistant Project Manager in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Assistant Project Manager in Baltimore, MD

I worked at PDSI (Less than a year)

Pros

adequate salary and a company iPhone.

Cons

0 official training- absolutely none- not even a basic employee guidebook, poor communication from management, added significant job responsibilities (constituting an entire secondary position subsumed into title hired for) with no training or added compensation for essentially being made to take on a second person's workload. In effect, they hire you because they see potential and then sit and watch while you drown, knowing you're easily replaceable and they've wasted bare minimal resources and energy in training or grooming or even acclimating you. Also there are no company ethics, despite a superficial requirement for employees to participate in community service events- purely for tax purposes for the company; there was much excitement about branching out from hospitality reno work into providing mobile housing for the Fracking industry- capitalizing in a big way from the ecological rape of our own country.

Advice to Management

Create a solid, standard employee guidebook- a really good one. Actually train new employees rather than hoping they absorb the intricacies of your demanding industry and position by osmosis- using a stepped, systematized process to acclimate them to the job and train them in how to tackle the tasks expected of them. Have concrete goals and expectations that are well communicated. Maybe ask if they are adept at Microsoft Office Suite and digital scheduling/spreadsheets before hire if you have no expectation of training before demanding expertise from day one.

"Dont bother"

Pros

This company has been in business a while and offers a degree of stabiility in that regard--but only in that regard

Cons

No stable schedule, poor data management, outdated tools, rude customers and client staff, no flexibility in schedule, weird coworkers

Advice to Management

Hire someone to update computer systems and fire rude clients and coworkers; have at least 2 part time or on call people to do stuff

"What a world class company - truly driven leaders"

Former Employee - Project Manager
    Former Employee - Project Manager

Pros

I was shocked to read the poor review by the old secretary. I left PDSI because I had to relocate but to this day I look on my days at PDSI as some of my finest. The CEO is inspiring and the whole culture is supportive, challenging and gives those with ambition the chance to excel beyond their expectations! This company foster Leadership better than any other company I know.

Cons

However said the job manual is not good is right. And I think that's by design. If you need constant instruction and prefer repetitive tasks, this company is not for you.

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what you are doing! I heard you are revamping your strategic plan again - can't wait to hear about it.

5. "Amazing company - truly wonderful"

I have been working at PDSI full-time

Pros

They trust us, they support us, they encourage us to take smart chances and learn from our mistakes. My boss is hardly a boss - more like a mentor I can call on anytime. Never knew there were companies this good out there.

Cons

Really, I can't think of anything. DMC always asks whats not working and then fixes it. Maybe newer IT equipment t?

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what you are doing!

6. "One of the best companies I've ever worked for!"

Former Employee - Project Accountant in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Project Accountant in Atlanta, GA

I worked at PDSI part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great environment; small office, but several locations throughout the US. Loved that the company devoted time to community service. Flexibility and great people to work with.

Cons

Wished I was able to work full-time. I did not want to leave! Only a part-time position and no benefits.

Advice to Management

CEO continue the culture that you created! Not a lot of places and managers like you. Passionate about the organization and giving back and treating employees very well. That goes a long way building loyal and productive, happy employees.

7. "No official training process, and required to do two full job descriptions for the price of one."

Pros

Healthy salary, with satisfactory benefits.

Cons

No actual training process.
    Employee/company manual is a joke- horribly out of date in parts, constantly being rewritten, under draft, disorganized, incomplete, relatively useless.
    Questions are encouraged, but then criticized and frowned upon when asked.
    Help is offered by coworkers, but then counted as tallies against you.
    Based in Atlanta, where their office culture thrives on petty gossip and backstabbing, which bleeds into the rest of the company.
    Company leadership organization is very ephemeral and it is difficult to orient oneself with respect to who does what.
    Projects involve teams that are comprised of members from different offices across the country, overly-complicating processes and making communication a mess for all but the most adept (of which there are few).
    Contractual job descriptions for your salary are thrown away from week one, and you are required to perform, not just tasks and responsibilities of other job descriptions, but in fact entirely different contractual roles in addition to your own; two for one deal on their part.

Advice to Management

Figure out peoples roles and responsibilities and stick to them. Consolidate and better organize projects between offices. Pay an outside party or some expert to create a functioning, complete manual. Keep people within the limits of their contracted roles/job descriptions. Create and implement an actual training process and period for that process with concrete expectations and mile markers.

8. "PDSI has a fantastic team and great leadership."

Current Employee - IT Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - IT Manager in Atlanta, GA

Pros

The teamwork at PDSI is unlike any company I have ever worked for. Everyone is helpful, polite and we have fun while working hard. Our healthcare coverage is paid for by the company and the rest of the benefits are very good. The owners and management are all great people. I would feel comfortable talking to them about any ideas or concerns I might have. PDSI is also a great corporate citizen. We have done several community service projects including Habitat for Humanity, Rebuilding Together Atlanta, Samaritan's Purse and Hands on Orlando. Each year we are allotted a generous amount of money to build our career skills. We can use it to take classes or attend conferences in subjects that we feel would help further us in our careers. It is the best company I have ever worked for. PDSI has a fantastic team and great leadership.

Cons

From my perspective there are no downsides.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

9. "PDSI - We Build Success"

Current Employee - Project Manager
    Current Employee - Project Manager

Pros

This company is very well organized. They care about their customers and employees. They are constantly looking for ways to improve their services and their employees abilities. They give back to the community, through regularly scheduled work days with local charities. They promote a caring attitude.

Cons

The only downside is that because we are a management company that represents the owners of the hotels projects that are being renovated, serving as the coordinator betwen owners - contractors, designers - architects - purchasing agents and operations (property management) we sometimes are "stuck in the middle" waiting on someone outside of our company, to give us the information we need, to continue or complete our job.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work, continue to knock on new doors and expand our customer base. Keep the communication flowing. I believe it's educational and an encouragement for all to hear what's going on within the company.