KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

PEAK Technical Staffing USA Reviews

Updated Aug 4, 2022

Found 94 of over 114 reviews

3.3
PEAK Technical Staffing USA President / Chief Operating Officer Joe Salvucci Jr. (no image)
Joe Salvucci Jr.

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Great people and an amazing location.(in 9 reviews)
  • "Great pay and great place to work with all helping teams at one place(in 4 reviews)
  • "All and all a great team to work with.(in 4 reviews)
  • "Solid Training Program to get into Recruiting(in 3 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 8 years

Great management

Aug 4, 2022 - Senior Recruiter in Los Angeles, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

A management team looking to always improve and provide all tools

Cons

Lack of 2nd BD person

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

PEAK gets you noticed!

Jun 27, 2022 - Project Coordinator in Warminster, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Peak arranges everything for you

Cons

Getting the true job details takes a little work

Sr. Vice President, Business Development

We work hard to place our Technical candidates and to find great matches for to help enable the companies we work with to excel. Thanks for your review!

3. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

There are better agencies to work for

Mar 29, 2022 - Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people to work with

Cons

Toxic, narcissistic management on west coast. Treats recruiters and managers as interchangeable- no respect No real leadership in company

Sr. Vice President, Business Development

I understand where you are coming from. First, we had a pandemic, and now we are shifting our business mix to accommodate the new marketplace realities. It is certainly not a fun transition for everyone, but it is what we have to do as a company to find success, and it is working. Quite possibly the most promising manger in the company is on the West Coast and female, and has thrived under the management of the "bad" manager. I wish you well in all of your professional pursuits! Joe Salvucci Jr, President.

4. 2.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Good corporate support but bad branch leadership

May 28, 2022 - Account Executive in Itasca, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

For the industry Peak is pretty well run. Good technology and back end operations, niche with huge growth potential and profit, sales operations run well with data/reporting and transparency. Bit of a good old boys network though which is very disheartening as a new sales rep is an underperforming satellite office. former manager was still the worst boss I've ever had. Lifelong recruiter promoted to his first leadership position and no skills to speak of. Moved on long ago

Cons

Already said in above section

Sr. Vice President, Business Development

Hello! This is Joe Salvucci Jr. We have been in a state of constant positive, employee-focused transition since mid-2021. As I read your review, I think providing a review in 2022 for your experience in 2018 is a little outdated. In any event, I am sorry that you did not have a good experience and I hope you have landed at a great company.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

proficient

May 16, 2022 - Senior DevOps Engineer in Denton, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Efficient, Respectful, Timely, Great working environment and Co-operative

Cons

None, None, None, None and none

VP Business Development

Thanks for the kind comments. We strive hard to stay in the game the whole way and represent the candidate properly with our client. We hope that establishes our relationship with both the client and the candidate best! Thank you again for passing along your good will on Glassdoor!

6. 3.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Good place to start career

Mar 23, 2022 - Staffing Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Good learning experience - recruiter I training was excellent - Fun coworkers - supportive branch manager - good place to start career

Cons

- low pay - bad commission structure - expensive benefits, but they reduced the cost significantly is 2022 - disorganized, management is not always on the same page, different managers telling me different things. - training fell off after we advanced to recruiter II - the business model of separate account managers and recruiters can cause communication difficulties with the client. Sometimes clarity is lost on what the client is looking for. I also didn’t like that recruiters were never given the opportunity to sit in on sales calls

Sr. Vice President, Business Development

Hello! Thanks for the Kudos on the training program. We are actually revamping the program from beginning to end to be more informative and engaging, and developing training all the way up to the branch management level! It will be based upon recruiting, sales, and mentorship/management to give all employees who wish to advance the best training to excel at PEAK. Sorry if we came off as a bid disorganized. Covid was a whirlwind for everyone, especially family-owned businesses. I would like to understand your comments about "bad commission structure," some of our employees are earning more in this marketplace than they have since 2019, or ever. It really depends what customers and labor categories you were working on. A strategic priority for 2022 is to aggressively target customers in industries that give our recruiters better opportunities to make a lot of money. We have already made progress in this area, but of course we can do better. I also agree that recruiters should be on customer-facing calls. In order for me to take action on some of this feedback, I need to know what branch you were in. Can you please email Joe Salvucci Jr or take the HR separation survey? If you choose to do that, thanks in advance! Joe Salvucci Jr. President/COO p.s. best of luck on your continued professional development!

7. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Management: Stop being stubborn

Mar 16, 2022 - Recruiter
    Business Outlook

Pros

Commission structure is fairly decent

Cons

Overall, PEAK wasn't the worst place on earth to work at. BUT- if they want people to stick around, things need to change. The traditional mindset starting with branch managers and stretching up to corporate will kill this company soon. The complete aversion to remote work, the outdated systems, the EXTREMELY outdated training modules, and the culture in-office are some places to start. Favoritism shows when someone gets a big hire. If you aren't making them money, they don't care about you. PEAK prides itself on not micromanaging, but I didn't have a day go by in the office where someone wasn't looking over my shoulder or listening into my calls. If something went wrong with an interview or a placement, my branch manager would berate and belittle us. And they wonder why they're having an issue with employee retention. When I was interviewing for other jobs during my last month here, I was told by not one, but THREE companies' hiring managers that I was getting swindled on pay. $18/hr. to start is NOT enough for anyone to live off of. Not only that, but your tenured recruiters are only making $45k-$50k with 10-20 years of experience? I'm surprised so many people have stuck around. I feel like the topic of remote work needs its own section. A few people in my branch worked remote full time. They've been at PEAK for a decent amount of time. When the folks in-office hit their ~6 month mark, we could work ONE day from home- and even that was frowned upon. What a coincidence that the only folks who have stuck around more than 2 years are all fully remote! You probably need to take a step back and realize what this means for your work environment going forward if you want to hire any new employees any time soon. Side note: Benefits are abysmal.

2 people found this review helpful

Sr. Vice President, Business Development

Thank you for the review. We actually introduced unlimited remote work for our senior individual producers last year! We do find that people we have a better training environment that allows our employees to learn and excel in-person. It is important for us to support our staff in a way that they will learn and excel at PEAK, and help PEAK remain a successful company. We don't think that remote work for new employees is the best way to do that, and we understand that an in-person work environment might not be the best choice for everyone. Also, we are investing heavily in new training recently. The new training is interactive and modern, and is more engaging than the old text-based version. We are expanding on our training so that sales and management have better resources to help everyone develop their staffing career at PEAK. We also increased our vacation, reduced employee cost for health benefits, and introduced 401k matching in 2022. Additionally, the new vacation is based on our new merit-based promotions, so that successful employees can earn more vacation faster! In short, I think that most of the issues that you have noted have been addressed, but there is always room for improvement, and we will keep improving!

8. 2.0
    Former Employee

No way up

May 2, 2022 - Recruiter
    Business Outlook

Pros

It’s easy. Not much else to say.

Cons

There’s no hierarchy that allows for promotion or any way up. Next step above recruiter is the LSM and once you’re there that’s it. That’s as car as you can go. Dead end.

Sr. Vice President, Business Development

No way! We have a defined career path with training for all roles from entry-level to regional manager (we are just putting the finishing touches on the higher levels.) Of course, it always depends on the needs of the branch, but we also offer relocation assistance to go to a new location if that is your desire. As the COO, I travel to each office and talk to all employees to determine their desire and capability to move to the next role, and we have had quite a few LSMs go into sales and management.

9. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Wouldn't recommend anybody work with them

Jun 3, 2021 - Staffing Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

It is a great stepping stone to somewhere else.

Cons

Management is out of touch, nepotistic and will only pretend to care about you as long as you tow the line. When you complain about the workload and make quotas, they only increase the burden and withhold more resources. I had my commission slashed twice because *these are hard times* i.e I had to pay for other branches incompetence. I was threatened with termination twice for wanting to work remote during the pandemic, though I posted some of the best number in my branch consistently and worked remote for awhile during the initial stages of the pandemic and had increased productivity. Others within the branch were allowed to work remote. Again the nepotism comes into play. The real issue is above the branch manager level. Sr VPs care about their retirement, not the company's long term goals. They constantly berate and verbally abuse and humiliate those underneath them regardless of title. It was an HR nightmare. Though this review may seem harsh, after I left, over 40% of employees on the west coast and within higher level within the company left for other agencies. Like I said, its a great stepping stone but nothing more.

Sr. Vice President, Business Development

I would like to know further details around your slashed commission. We pay commissions based on a formula and do not slash them. Please contact me. Joey

10. 3.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

You may feel like an underpaid contractor here

Jan 17, 2022 - Recruiting Manager Trainee
    Business Outlook

Pros

They presented opportunity for growth

Cons

Extremely expensive health benefits, underpaid entering the organization, expected to work longer rather than smarter

3 people found this review helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 94 Reviews

PEAK Technical Staffing USA Reviews FAQs

PEAK Technical Staffing USA has an overall rating of 3.3 out of 5, based on over 114 reviews left anonymously by employees. 53% of employees would recommend working at PEAK Technical Staffing USA to a friend and 50% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, PEAK Technical Staffing USA employees rate their compensation and benefits as 2.8 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at PEAK Technical Staffing USA. This rating has decreased by -5% over the last 12 months.

53% of PEAK Technical Staffing USA employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated PEAK Technical Staffing USA 3.2 out of 5 for work life balance, 2.9 for culture and values and 3.1 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at PEAK Technical Staffing USA to be coworkers, career development and the cons to be senior leadership, benefits, management.

Popular Careers with PEAK Technical Staffing USA Job Seekers