PENFED Credit Union Reviews

Join the conversation on

Finance

48K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/finance/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=PENFED Credit Union~19260
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "Management is incompetent and will throw their representatives under the bus when they are forced to take an escalated call.(in 35 reviews)
  • "This will be much, much more difficult now, as the managers are already overworked and underpaid and cannot take on more training.(in 19 reviews)
  • "I was given little training and expected to start helping members within in 3 days.(in 16 reviews)
  • "Difficult to get promoted if you don't 'fit' in what the senior leadership deem the right option.(in 16 reviews)
  • "Upper management is disconnected and dont understand the role and what we have to do or deal with.(in 14 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of PENFED Credit Union and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0

Great Company

May 16, 2022 - Senior Underwriter
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great Management People are very friendly and respectful Hours are flexible Company believes to work/life balance

Cons

Benefits are little expensive but seems to be in line with other companies in the same industry. On a positive note, PenFed does offer other perks (benefit) for optional coverage for life needs outside of the normal Medical, Dental, Vision coverage

2. 4.0

great culture, teamwork

May 21, 2022 - Consumer Underwriter
    Business Outlook

Pros

Culture that creates teamwork, and great team leads to support, work from home opportunity, flexible schedules, benefits

Cons

benefits are great wish the company would pay more for less deductible to help out, training from the start with classes even remote to guide one through the system, or how to use the day to day ops. Pay could be more with todays market and cost of living. system issues, internet and cell phone reimbursement for using your services

3. 5.0

Outstanding organization with a Rich History and Great Culture

May 16, 2022 - Divisional Sales Manager in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Rich History and the stability, safety and soundness that everyone is seeking in this industry. A mission-minded organization that really cares about people.

Cons

There aren't enough people that know who we are. Best kept secret is that we are open to all of Americans and not just active military or veterans.

4. 5.0

Great Company to work for

May 16, 2022 - Member Service Representative in San Antonio, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing benefits, many opportunities to grow, flexible schedule

Cons

I find the zero cons at my position.

5. 5.0

need to pinch myself

May 16, 2022 - Learning and Development in San Antonio, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great Community, Partnership, job satisfaction, work life balance, valued.

Cons

some silos, limited foot print.

6. 4.0

Working at PenFed

May 16, 2022 - Non-Delegated Correspondent & Wholesale Business Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good work Culture, everyone has been very friendly and welcoming.

Cons

Onboarding Process was a little rough and long

7. 3.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Good place to have a wide breadth of exposure

May 23, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

1) Stable organization 2) Offers a wide range of credit products - very good learning opportunity

Cons

1) Payscales are not great

8. 4.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great company

May 4, 2022 - Digital Mortgage Loan Officer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Base pay Company culture Solid leads

Cons

The commissions aren’t as high as competitors in the market.

9. 3.0

Good Job

May 17, 2022 - Member Service Representative in Eugene, OR
    Business Outlook

Pros

*Good pay *Fairly good benefits *Work from home option

Cons

*Fast-paced training *Management *Lack of communication *Schedule

10. 3.0

Great Company Overall, A lot of Growing Pains

May 17, 2022 - IT Systems Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

The company itself is great; the salary and benefits are competitive. People here are big on team work and are willing to help where they are needed. Training and onboarding was pretty smooth PTO accrues fast.

Cons

IT is VERY short staffed which means that people are wearing multiple hats and working on multiple projects at the same time. This results in a lot of "voluntary" over time and delays because there just simply aren't enough hours in the day to get everything done. I sometimes feel like because I am fully remote, they expect me to work more than 40 hours a week. I will, but only if I have to - not because I want to or because I work from home. The SA role is very new to PenFed, and they still are trying to figure out what exactly it is they would like for us to do. There aren't really any "perks" so to speak to working here. Yeah, you can get your mortgage through here at a discount but you have to have an account with them to even do that. For me, I don't live in a state where there's even a branch so that's not an option.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 632 Reviews

PENFED Credit Union Reviews FAQs

PENFED Credit Union has an overall rating of 3.9 out of 5, based on over 698 reviews left anonymously by employees. 77% of employees would recommend working at PENFED Credit Union to a friend and 71% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 4% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, PENFED Credit Union employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.1 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at PENFED Credit Union. This rating has improved by 2% over the last 12 months.

77% of PENFED Credit Union employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated PENFED Credit Union 4.1 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.2 for culture and values and 3.9 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at PENFED Credit Union to be career development, coworkers, benefits and the cons to be senior leadership, culture, management.

Popular Careers with PENFED Credit Union Job Seekers