PFSweb Reviews | Glassdoor

3.3
PFSweb CEO Michael Willoughby
Michael Willoughby

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great work environment; management really cares (in 9 reviews)

• Fun work environment, casual dress, free food and activities (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • It can be hard to juggle a work life balance during these months (in 8 reviews)

• Some management, call center environment (in 7 reviews)

"I'm not sure where I'm going but hopefully they will get their act together."

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Dallas, TX

Pros

Central location with easy acess to highways and byways. Nice facility with building maintenance and security. Human Resources available on a daily bases. Computers setup and networked for good communication with co-workers and performing the job. Morales is focused around the employees checking their attitude at the door. You only have to do the best you can on job tasks and duties. Quality Assurance is highly focused on meeting the demands of the client and making sure the agent is receptive to one on one reviews. Avaya phones systems are setup to be used which gives the agent good time management focus. Intranet is used to assist the agent in keeping their knowledge focused on updates weekly from the clients prospective. Management does assist employees with hand outs and attend to agents when you raise your hands high in the sky.

Cons

The training session was unorganizated and lacked qualified trainers in my opinion. New employees and contractors were fired on the spot if found sleeping during breaks or if their cell phones were seen during training classes because PFSwebs policy is no cell phones or sleeping on the job. The Corporate culture is hard to adjust to because they are very layed back not as approachable. Poor communication is somewhat shown from management its obvious they seem to not use all of their resources. I do not like their 6 point system which marks you late even if you are one minute late. In my opinion, the team leads are chosen unfairly because they come right out of the training classes with everyone else which means their salary is in the same range as the agents. Sometimes you are graded on things which the company hasn't completed but management and Quality Assurance do expect you to just acknowledge what is presented. I have experienced being talked down to instead of talked to like an adult. Supvisors are too booged down with work which they do not have time to talk to customers on the phone or really mold their teams.

Advice to Management

Clearly define what your company culture is by being inclusive of all employees which dedicate themselves to your company. PFSweb should want people that is going to be loyal to your company. Take criticism from your employees they are doing the work you don't have to perform so offer them something for moral on those things they do well on. Create a formal management training class for those in management even those chosen to be Leads in leadership roles. Learn to analyze the full scope of the business and clients needs before making a decision to think that your suggestion is better in handling internal incidents. Refrain from talking down to employees instead of encourging them to perform better or offering them an alternative on how to do things. Eliminate the culture of gossip it destroys a business because when someone starts the gossip eventually it gets back to those who started it in bad light. Try to minimize the conflict. Conflict is used to empower groups not to exclude those wanting to be valuable employees. Communication is broken at PFSweb. Microsoft Outlook is not offered to agents so they are not connected to the company in this electronic age even if it was connected offline but internal only it would be better. Another problem with communication is announcements of changes it is never communicated just an immediate change only news sought is from down the grape vine. When information is received it is something that is not right. Initate a true branding and mission plan for those working with you to strengthen your business entity with your competitors. Finally, try not to ask employee to do things that you will not do. Meaning if you want a perfect staff make sure you as management are adhering to the same rules of engagement. If employees can not use cell phones at work management or eat at work stations you should not either or if management enlist to distributing handouts in a rough draft form do not think its acceptable because management want it to be considered a final when a thesarus or dictionary could have been used.

"I had a terrible experience."

Current Employee - Quality Assurance and Customer Service Representative in Dallas, TX

I have been working at PFSweb full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I made friends that i will knows for years to come. I was developed my own skills as a csr and took my skills to my new job.

Cons

Terrible management- they do not follow their own rules and they do not treat people how they want to be treated. Terrible work ethic and the company IS JUST TRYING to survive ... THEY ARE NOT flourishing/ appreciating the people who make their company work on a day to day basis.

Advice to Management

READ ABOVE

"Poor Company"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative Administrative in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative Administrative in Dallas, TX

I have been working at PFSweb full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have a awesome team with friends that will last a life time.

Cons

The pay is very poor that want to work you in all positions and train you with all kinds of skills but they dont want to pay you for the work you do or the time you put in. I have been here 3 years and now to keep from giving me what is due me they are going to take my position and make me wait on my annuel for more money when in fact the position I am being put back in I havent held in a year and I was capped out. Someone tells you one thing and no one know anything about it. This company doesnt have good insurance, poor raises, no real room for advancement, dont reward loyality, managers show favoritism, people are promoted by who they know and not appreciated.

Advice to Management

Take a walk on your call center floor and speak with the people who do your grunt work without making them feel there job will be lost and get a real sense of what they need. Happy employees make for a productive and happy company... I have worked for TDC and this place makes working there a cake walk... Looking for a new company. I can't continue to be overlooked, and treated like I dont matter.

"Sr. Analyst"

Current Employee - Senior Accounting Analyst in Allen, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Accounting Analyst in Allen, TX

I have been working at PFSweb full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice building and company perks.

Cons

Disrepectful, unorganized, unstructured, and confused leaders. Highly Stressed, unhappy, and angry co-workers.

Advice to Management

Focus on mentoring, and nurturing your employees. Value your assets=your people

"Crap."

I have been working at PFSweb full-time

Pros

This brand paid $14.50 an hour.

Cons

Very shady, horrible management, they have no sense of respect.

Advice to Management

Stop screwing each other.

"Chat Representative"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at PFSweb full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Downtown close to Dart station

Cons

Working with school for school or second job, take away the dollar raise if you accept the insurance benefits.

"Turmoil; lack of direction and guidance; no training and development- a wasted effort"

Former Employee - Implementations Manager in Allen, TX
    Former Employee - Implementations Manager in Allen, TX

I worked at PFSweb full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

select employees and family time ratio

Cons

office politics; no training and development of employees; no direction, guidance, or leadership. Information is power here and used against employees. Employee turnover- 14 employees within the last year left or were fired (the department is 16-20 people). I've never seen such a work place where people refuse to share information or products because of concern over their job security or the "throwing of others under the bus" in order to get ahead. After I started I was told that my department was "career suicide" and I should leave now. Should have listened sooner.

Advice to Management

Train and develop your employees- ensure they know the expectations; teach them how the company divisions interact with each other. Put qualified people in charge instead of the "good ol' boy network" and get rid of the "who you know"- not "what you know" workplace

"Would not recommend to older folks"

Former Employee - Email Marketing in Allen, TX
    Former Employee - Email Marketing in Allen, TX

I worked at PFSweb (Less than a year)

Pros

Good pay. Learned a lot.

Cons

If the managers don't like you they will blacklist you in the field and keep you from getting another job especially if you are older and don't fit in with their club.

Advice to Management

Research and interview the candidate. Don't hire someone just to be a filler for a job you know won't last. Also, don't force someone to play volleyball against their will. I should have declined as I've never played volleyball. This was very humiliating.

"Should Have Listened to the Previous Reviews"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Dallas, TX

I worked at PFSweb full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Central location in downtown Dallas was a perk. Business casual drerss code was liberal in what was permitted and what was not. Time-off policies appeared to be quite generous.

Cons

Training was disjointed, helpful feedback not given . Honest conversations around what the company expects of the worker were vague. Pay was low enough so as to possibly keep an employee from being able to afford medical benefits.

Advice to Management

Invest in a more up to date system. Stress user friendly systems to aid in getting the work done.

"CSR"

I have been working at PFSweb full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Made a few friends
    after you're there a long time you can get a decent schedule.

Cons

Poor management
    lack of organization
    Lack of Leadership
    social pool-Better make friends and be up the boss's rear end to have a fighting chance to get promoted.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees who work with the customers directly on a day to day basis
    acknowledge your team
    learn some management and organization skills